Godzilla 2's Official Title Revealed!

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
g2vd
Xilien Halfling

Godzilla 2's Official Title Revealed!

Post by g2vd »

http://comicbook.com/2016/12/14/godzill ... revealed-/
Legendary has revealed the title for the upcoming sequel to the 2014 Godzilla movie.

The sequel will be titled Godzilla: King of the Monsters, reclaiming a classic title for the classic kaiju monster.

The new name was released stealthily in the text of a press release on the hiring of three new producers at Legendary Pictures.

Godzilla: King of the Monsters is scheduled for a March 22, 2019 release. The full press release follows.

Legendary today announced the hiring of three veteran production executives to its feature film operations including Herbert W. Gains, who has been named EVP of Physical Production, Valerie Flueger Veras who has been named SVP of Post- Production and Sara Flamm who will take on the SVP Physical Production role. The new additions were announced by Mary Parent, Legendary’s Vice Chairman of Worldwide Production.

“Herb comes to us with a tremendous body of experience working alongside some of the most prolific filmmakers in our industry,” said Parent. “His strong business acumen and commitment to supporting the vision of storytellers with preeminent production resources makes him an excellent complement to our team here at Legendary.” Gains will report directly to Parent, effective immediately.

Best known for his work as Executive Producer on such films as Warner Bros’ The Judge and Watchmen, as well as the recently released Jack Reacher: Never Go Back from Paramount, Gains’ responsibilities will include overseeing production of Legendary’s feature film slate including such highly anticipated projects as Pacific Rim: Uprising, Pokemon’s Detective Pikachu and Godzilla: King of Monsters. Gains will also work closely with the post-production team insuring that the filmmaker’s vision remains intact through production to final distribution.

“I’m extremely gratified to be entrusted with this unique opportunity,” said Gains. “Legendary’s evolution over the past decade has been nothing short of remarkable. I am proud to take a key role in the company’s continued growth in feature film production and excited by the potential of its established franchises and the diverse slate of films currently in development.”

Reporting to Gains at Legendary, is Valerie Flueger Veras, who will assume the role of SVP of Post-Production. “I have had the good fortune of working closely with Valerie on multiple films over the last few years,” said Parent. “She brings experience from all aspects of filmmaking to the post-production process and really understands how to support filmmakers whether they are making an intimate character drama or a big VFX driven tentpole.”

Flueger Veras is a seasoned executive who has lead the post-production efforts on some of the most critically-acclaimed films of the last decade including Oscar-nominated feature films, The Revenant, Selma and Nebraska. As SVP of Post-Production, Flueger Veras will immediately begin overseeing post on the upcoming Spring action film, Kong: Skull Island.

“I’m thrilled to be joining Legendary,” said Flueger Veras. “In addition to having an opportunity to re-team with Mary Parent who I have long respected, I am extremely excited to be working alongside such an imaginative and highly respected team of professionals and can’t wait to dive in on this truly iconic slate of films.”

Godzilla

Rounding out Legendary’s production team is Sara Flamm, who will step into the SVP of Physical Production role and will also report to Gains. “Sara brings with her a wealth of experience working on the types of genre films that Legendary is best known for,” said Parent. “We’re excited to be adding her expertise to this skilled new team.”

Most recently Flamm worked alongside Gains as Unit Production Manager on on Jack Reacher: Never Go Back and the upcoming film Geostorm. She has also worked as Production Supervisor on numerous hit films including The Judge as well as comic adaptations, Green Lantern and Legendary’s own Watchmen. In Flamm’s new role she has already begun work on the production of Pacific Rim: Uprising, currently shooting in Australia.

“Having worked with Legendary in the past, I’ve long admired their focus on delivering a truly elevated cinematic experience to their audiences,” said Flamm. They’ve had an incredible history of blockbuster films, and I’m looking forward to being a part of this team’s continued success.”
Godzilla

NSZ
Xilien Halfling

Re: Godzilla 2's Official Title Revealed!

Post by NSZ »

We've officially hit "confusing franchise" territory!

We made it, boys!
"But, uh, you hadn't told us to listen to you yet. So I didn't."

"No one takes the Tank Police seriously anymore!"

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

NSZ wrote:We've officially hit "confusing franchise" territory!

We made it, boys!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUMUEaaqlWA

Because having 4 movies and several games with just the title "Godzilla" or "Gojira" wasn't confusing enough.

Showa Gyaos
Keizer

Post by Showa Gyaos »

I'm alright with this. People will complain, and I understand why. But I like it. It sounds better than "Godzilla 2" anyway.
ScrumpBump wrote:
BARAGONBREH wrote:What a crap "theory". It's a great time to be alive though, I guess. Buy yourself a MacBook, spout some BS and post it on YouTube and you can make a buncha money.
Kong is Ness and Skull Island is apart of Undertale.

Gib money.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

I swear if Godzilla is not just the placeholder title for the anime movie I am gonna facepalm through my head.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

Showa Gyaos wrote:I'm alright with this. People will complain, and I understand why. But I like it. It sounds better than "Godzilla 2" anyway.
Agreed, I'm just fine with the subtitle. Excited !! :D
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

Godzilla The King
Futurian

Post by Godzilla The King »

It's the title I hoped they'd go with! It brings out my inner child with how much I'm grinning.
CaptainStarbird wrote:
gigan72 wrote:MMMMM, HEISEI
-fatass bodies
-big thighs
-some undersized arms
-beam spam
-a mans ass
-messed up timeline
MAKES ME HORNY
UNLIKE THOSE ANOREXIC SHOWA MODELS!
CaptainStarbird wrote: "Look under your chair for a gift, it's a bitchslap!"

SomeknowmeasXeno
Terminated
Terminated

Post by SomeknowmeasXeno »

I'm totally okay with this, it's a more interesting title.
"Tonight, when the blood moon finishes rising, I will summon my brother Yuul'syqpoth into this sphere of existence, and that's absolutely fantastic."

Castellan Zilla
Keizer

Post by Castellan Zilla »

Because why bother having your titles easily numbered chronologically? Fuck it. If it's a direct sequel, number it that way.
I will explain slowly why you are wrong.

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Lain Of The Wired »

I wish it wasn't reusing a pre existing title, but I don't know, mayhaps it's a challenge to Kong for the upcoming movie
Never forget tadpole :godzilla:

Scarlet Spider
Interpol Agent

Post by Scarlet Spider »

I am okay with this. Much better than the fan names I've seen.

tbeasley
EDF Instructor

Post by tbeasley »

Everyone keep in mind the actual press release has the title as Godzilla: King of Monsters, with the 'the.' Whoever wrote the preface jumps the gun with King of the Monsters.
The sequel will be titled Godzilla: King of the Monsters, reclaiming a classic title for the classic kaiju monster.

Godzilla: King of the Monsters is scheduled for a March 22, 2019 release. The full press release follows.

Legendary’s feature film slate including such highly anticipated projects as Pacific Rim: Uprising, Pokemon’s Detective Pikachu and Godzilla: King of Monsters.

M.U.T.O.
Futurian

Post by M.U.T.O. »

Wonder if we're gonna have a reporter character with a surname of "Martin" in this, then!

Damn, I'm excited for this!
What do you call it when a railroad engineer moves toward a psychic?
Spoiler:
Approach Medium.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Lain Of The Wired wrote:I wish it wasn't reusing a pre existing title, but I don't know, mayhaps it's a challenge to Kong for the upcoming movie
Eh, at least we got just "Godzilla" out of the way (at least for Legendary's series), and KOTM has only been used for a movie title once so it's less confusing.

Castellan Zilla
Keizer

Post by Castellan Zilla »

Doesn't matter, the idiotic masses of the USofA will think it's a direct remake of King of the Monsters. Honestly, Kong: Skull Island should have been King Kong Lives.
I will explain slowly why you are wrong.

Dillyziller
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Dillyziller »

I wish they would've went with a more original name but it's better than "Godzilla 2."
^This post in sexually offensive.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

OH YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am hyped even more!
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

2009MECHAGODZILLA
Futurian

Post by 2009MECHAGODZILLA »

I called it 3 years ago.
what do i win
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=21114

Commission prices: https://www.deviantart.com/snake151/jou ... -848926845
"Disappointing! Re-watch the 1954 original. THAT is the correct form!!!"

Kaltes-Herzeleid
JXSDF Technician

Post by Kaltes-Herzeleid »

Castellan Zilla wrote:Doesn't matter, the idiotic masses of the USofA will think it's a direct remake of King of the Monsters.
Ironic, because given the kaiju who will be in it it could shape up to be a remake of Ghidorah, The Three-headed Monster.
Resized Image

Futurian

Post by 3000 »

Castellan Zilla wrote:Doesn't matter, the idiotic masses of the USofA will think it's a direct remake of King of the Monsters. Honestly, Kong: Skull Island should have been King Kong Lives.

Most of the "idiotic masses" probably havent even heard of the original film so i wouldnt worry about it too much.
Member of TK Since 2006