'Wishlists,' for the Legend-verse of Godzilla

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=26327&p=1472505
Grievous
Terminated
Terminated

Re: 'Wishlists,' for the Legend-verse of Godzilla

Postby Grievous » Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:13 pm

KingKong2005 wrote:Ghidorah and Destroyah are seen as overrated because there was no way for Toho to show them as unstoppable forces/end of the world the way they can be shown in the Monsterverse.

So...Ghidorah & Destoroyah will/would greatly benefit
from an increase of stakes on a grander scale?

I don't know...

*Thinks*

Hedorah seemed a legitimate threat in a low budget,
acid trip 70's film.

Maybe its just me...

Maybe I just don't get the appeal of Ghidorah & Destoroyah.
The A.D.F Needs You! Join The Anguirus Defense Force via Private Message Today!

GodzillaFan1990's
Keizer

Postby GodzillaFan1990's » Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:17 pm

How about an original kaiju that's basically a fusion of King Ghidorah, Destoroyah and Hedorah all in one? As if all three couldn't be much scarier. :P

Grievous
Terminated
Terminated

Postby Grievous » Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:23 pm

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:How about an original kaiju that's basically a fusion of King Ghidorah, Destoroyah and Hedorah all in one? As if all three couldn't be much scarier. :P

Nah...

Just give me another vs. Hedorah with modern effects...

Throw in Anguirus & Varan...and I'd be smiling from ear to ear.

Living Corpse
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby Living Corpse » Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:27 pm

Grievous wrote:
Living Corpse wrote:I don't really see King Ghidorah as overrated, more overused than anything. If anything I hear more fans say Ghidorah's a punching bag than ZOMG HE IS THE DESTROYER OF WORLDS!!!111112 that movies said he is but never really showed (thankfully KOTM looks like it's gonna back it up by showing, and not just telling us).

I guess he's overused because he's overrated?

I agree that it will be great to see Ghidorah FINALLY live up
to his reputation & potential...BUT...he's never been one of
my personal favorites.

Maybe KotM will change that? I can only wait & see...

The closest we ever got to that was seeing how fast he trashed a city in GTTHM and then by his next film he is nerfed.

Though to be fair that pretty much happen to all the big 5, even Godzilla was nerfed after his first film.

Grievous
Terminated
Terminated

Postby Grievous » Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:50 am

Living Corpse wrote:The closest we ever got to that was seeing how fast he trashed a city in GTTHM and then by his next film he is nerfed.

Though to be fair that pretty much happen to all the big 5, even Godzilla was nerfed after his first film.

What is "nerfed"?

I know they have Nerfs in Star Wars.

Gojira18
G-Grasper

Postby Gojira18 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:21 am

Grievous wrote:
Living Corpse wrote:The closest we ever got to that was seeing how fast he trashed a city in GTTHM and then by his next film he is nerfed.

What is "nerfed"?

I know they have Nerfs in Star Wars.

Like made weaker and less powerful

Grievous
Terminated
Terminated

Postby Grievous » Mon Dec 31, 2018 5:02 pm

Gojira18 wrote:Like made weaker and less powerful

Oh...I get it...

Nerfed = Neutered...

Got it.

zilla92
Yin-Yang Master

Postby zilla92 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:07 pm

My wish always was for my favorite Kaiju not named Godzilla, Biollante. She’s perfect for this Monsterverse. If not her, Hedorah would be next. Be a nice nod to Banno. He did play a big part in berthing this Monsterverse even if it wasn’t completely intentional. I’m okay with Ghidorah of course and Destroyah would be epic too. I have 0 complaints really any way they wish to go. I’m just enjoying the ride.

Grievous
Terminated
Terminated

Postby Grievous » Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:00 am

zilla92 wrote:My wish always was for my favorite Kaiju not named Godzilla, Biollante. She’s perfect for this Monsterverse. If not her, Hedorah would be next. Be a nice nod to Banno. He did play a big part in berthing this Monsterverse even if it wasn’t completely intentional.I have 0 complaints really any way they wish to go. I’m just enjoying the ride.

All of this...

Biollante as a "Flora" Titan would be pretty sweet...even without
a genetic connection to Godzilla...& Hedorah as a "Toxic" Titan
would just be amazing.

Respect for Banno...

I agree with you Buddy...

0 complaints...enjoying the ride.

:thumbsup:

Steel Hellkite
Yojimbo

Postby Steel Hellkite » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:58 am

With it being established in Skull Island that humanity has dealt with these kaiju in the past, I think they have potential in making films set in ancient forgotten history with extinct cultures as the human element. There is a lot of intrigue, at least to me, in that. They could have any number of classic or new kaiju that way and the''bad'' monsters could even win, exterminating humanity's memory of a particular beast over the following centuries.It could even be the way to establish the next big bad in the more modern setting. Besides that, ghidorah had to be put on ice the first time somehow. It would be neat to see how.
Spoiler:
And who built the temples Godzilla and Mothra are in, and what were their relations with them?Especially the underwater one. I guess its likely Atlantis, but we could see it getting sunk. Sounds fun to me.
Just a neat way to go with a kaiju film I think.

GodzillaFan1990's
Keizer

Postby GodzillaFan1990's » Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:07 pm

Steel Hellkite wrote:With it being established in Skull Island that humanity has dealt with these kaiju in the past, I think they have potential in making films set in ancient forgotten history with extinct cultures as the human element. There is a lot of intrigue, at least to me, in that. They could have any number of classic or new kaiju that way and the''bad'' monsters could even win, exterminating humanity's memory of a particular beast over the following centuries.It could even be the way to establish the next big bad in the more modern setting. Besides that, ghidorah had to be put on ice the first time somehow. It would be neat to see how.
Spoiler:
And who built the temples Godzilla and Mothra are in, and what were their relations with them?Especially the underwater one. I guess its likely Atlantis, but we could see it getting sunk. Sounds fun to me.
Just a neat way to go with a kaiju film I think.

At best we'd get those as comics and I'm definitely down for it.

Cookson
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby Cookson » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:43 pm

I don’t want this universe to end with Godzilla vs Kong. Sure, that film is probably literally the “tip of the iceberg “ for this franchise as far as money making, but it feels like a bonus film with two iconic movie legends.. not the end of a franchise.
Last edited by Cookson on Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"We knew the world would not be the same. Few people laughed, few people cried, most people were silent."~Robert Oppenheimer

Vakanai
JXSDF Technician

Postby Vakanai » Thu May 02, 2019 2:45 am

1. No Hedorah, always thought he was the worst designed kaiju next to Minya. Like a frumpy moldy rug.

2. Gamera. Don't give me that "not realistic enough for Monsterverse" poo.

3. Anguirus, no other kaiju deserves it more.

4. More movies. Always more movies.

5. The success of this inspires other studios to make kaiju movies. Legendary can't be our only source.
Always, *always* proofread, typos are Hedorah.
If you discover you have made a typo, *always* correct it.
Trust me.

Godzilla vs Kong: Kong won't die. He might win, he might lose, but he will survive.

Some netiquette:
1. If you don't want to be rude, *ask* me before you sig me.

Rhedosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Postby Rhedosaurus » Thu May 02, 2019 10:04 am

A bit of a general wish overall but...

I wish that Orochi would be the final monster in the final Godzillaverse movie. Make Ghidorah his son via cloning-think of how Solid Snake and his brothers, Liquid and Solidus were the sons of Big Boss in the Metal Gear franchise-and then he awakes his dragon army in the final battle against the Titans and mankind. Make Dagahra one his 'top generals' for the lack of a better way to describe it.

Basically, think of Godzilla meets Reign Of Fire.

MechaGoji Bro7503
E.S.P.Spy

Postby MechaGoji Bro7503 » Fri May 03, 2019 4:55 pm

Vakanai wrote:1. No Hedorah, always thought he was the worst designed kaiju next to Minya. Like a frumpy moldy rug.

I mean, Hedorah beat the crud out of Godzilla arguably more than any other monster. I found his design to be intimidating because he looks so misshapen.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

Dv-218 wrote:This is so sad, Alexa play "Bio-Wars".

Dr. Professor wrote:If I had a dollar for every "SAVE MOTHRA" joke, I'd be able to buy Legendary Pictures, renew the license for Godzilla, acquire the rights to the rest of the Toho monsters, and make a Godzilla film that totally bombs without even putting a dent in my bank account.

"Wake the fruck up Godzilla, we got a city to burn." - Goro Maki, 2016.

GodzillaFan1990's
Keizer

Postby GodzillaFan1990's » Fri May 03, 2019 4:57 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:A bit of a general wish overall but...

I wish that Orochi would be the final monster in the final Godzillaverse movie. Make Ghidorah his son via cloning-think of how Solid Snake and his brothers, Liquid and Solidus were the sons of Big Boss in the Metal Gear franchise-and then he awakes his dragon army in the final battle against the Titans and mankind. Make Dagahra one his 'top generals' for the lack of a better way to describe it.

If Orochi were to be in the MonsterVerse. I'd rather it be the opposite with him being King Ghidorah's father plus it'd be weird for an mythological monster to be created through science. :?

UltramanGoji
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby UltramanGoji » Fri May 03, 2019 5:01 pm

Vakanai wrote:1. No Hedorah, always thought he was the worst designed kaiju next to Minya. Like a frumpy moldy rug.

So...throw away any chance to redeem that design?

G2000
E.S.P.Spy

Postby G2000 » Fri May 03, 2019 5:01 pm

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:A bit of a general wish overall but...

If Orochi were to be in the MonsterVerse. I'd rather it be the opposite with him being King Ghidorah's father plus it'd be weird for an mythological monster to be created through science. :?

That's exactly what he said though
gerdzerl wrote:DONT STOP G2000 YOU SEXY BEAST

GodzillaFan1990's
Keizer

Postby GodzillaFan1990's » Fri May 03, 2019 5:13 pm

G2000 wrote:That's exactly what he said though

*Reads closer*

Poop I apparently didn't look carefully enough. :lol: :oops:

Vakanai
JXSDF Technician

Postby Vakanai » Fri May 03, 2019 10:02 pm

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:

I mean, Hedorah beat the crud out of Godzilla arguably more than any other monster. I found his design to be intimidating because he looks so misshapen.

Doesn't matter, if they use him they would either have to radically redesign him until all the Showa purists here meltdown and whine and moan about him being HINO and that they might as well have used an original creation and blah blah blah, and I just don't want to read all that. Or highly, highly, highly unlikely, but still a scary thought however slim, they stay true to that butt ugly and silly design, which would be a horrendous mistake because no way is the general audience going to take that seriously. Either way it's just not worth it to me.

UltramanGoji wrote:

So...throw away any chance to redeem that design?

There is no means in any conceivable reality to redeem that design, so therefore it's impossible to throw away such a chance to begin with. Can't throw away what doesn't exist. And you would be wasting your time trying to convince me otherwise.

Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against the film Hedorah appears in, and I don't hate the character outside his design, and frankly it works in the Showa setting. But we don't live in the Showa era anymore, and that design has no place in a modern, big, CGI spectacle of a movie. Sometimes, things are best left in the past. Hedorah is best left to his own little piece of movie history.
Last edited by Vakanai on Fri May 03, 2019 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Always, *always* proofread, typos are Hedorah.
If you discover you have made a typo, *always* correct it.
Trust me.

Godzilla vs Kong: Kong won't die. He might win, he might lose, but he will survive.

Some netiquette:
1. If you don't want to be rude, *ask* me before you sig me.

Return to “MonsterVerse (2014-Present)”