'Wishlists,' for the Legend-verse of Godzilla

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=26327&p=1472505
User avatar
master_of_monsters
G-Grasper
Posts: 1469
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:57 am

Re: 'Wishlists,' for the Legend-verse of Godzilla

Postby master_of_monsters » Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:59 pm

UltramanGoji wrote:
Destorogoji wrote:MORE FIGURES!
How in the world we only have two articulated Godzillas and a Kong line which doesn't even try to match in scale?
I'm crossing my fingers for some NECA (or SHMA, whatever) figures of the three kaiju in KoTM and a two-pack of Godzilla and Kong in 2020.


NECA isn’t doing the KOTM kaiju.


skreeonk
your source of self destruction

User avatar
SonOfGorgo
JXSDF Technician
Posts: 984
Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2016 6:44 am

Re: 'Wishlists,' for the Legend-verse of Godzilla

Postby SonOfGorgo » Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:48 am

I'd like to see Warner Bros revive soon monster films they've the rights to: like Them! and The Black Scorpion.

Or alternatively, since Universal now own Legendary, they could help revive and improve their Dark Universe; heck, even do a crossover in the form of a Frankenstein Conquers the World/War of the Gargantuas reboot.
Image
Image
Still the best... 8-)

User avatar
SenseiTeriyakiV
EDF Soldier
Posts: 3209
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:37 pm
Location: Prancing in a field of goats

Re: 'Wishlists,' for the Legend-verse of Godzilla

Postby SenseiTeriyakiV » Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:39 am

SonOfGorgo wrote:Or alternatively, since Universal now own Legendary, they could help revive and improve their Dark Universe; heck, even do a crossover in the form of a Frankenstein Conquers the World/War of the Gargantuas reboot.

... wat

Doesn't Wanda own legendary?

User avatar
GodzillaFan1990's
Keizer
Posts: 9709
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2016 1:11 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: 'Wishlists,' for the Legend-verse of Godzilla

Postby GodzillaFan1990's » Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:03 pm

SonOfGorgo wrote:I'd like to see Warner Bros revive soon monster films they've the rights to: like Them! and The Black Scorpion.

Don't forget The Beast from 20,000 Fathoms, The Giant Behemoth or even The Valley of Gwangi. :D

SonOfGorgo wrote:Or alternatively, since Universal now own Legendary, they could help revive and improve their Dark Universe; heck, even do a crossover in the form of a Frankenstein Conquers the World/War of the Gargantuas reboot.

With Frankenstein's monster they wouldn't even need Universal's approval as he's an public domain character.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
SonOfGorgo
JXSDF Technician
Posts: 984
Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2016 6:44 am

Re: 'Wishlists,' for the Legend-verse of Godzilla

Postby SonOfGorgo » Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:41 pm

SenseiTeriyakiV wrote:... wat

Doesn't Wanda own legendary?

True, I guess. I meant that since Universal pretty distribute any Legendary non-Godzilla film onwards.

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:Don't forget The Beast from 20,000 Fathoms, The Giant Behemoth or even The Valley of Gwangi. :D

Is The Black Behemoth owned by Warner Bros? I'm not sure tbh. The rest go without saying though.

SonOfGorgo wrote:With Frankenstein's monster they wouldn't even need Universal's approval as he's an public domain character.

True, so surely they could easily take this opportunity if Universal do plan to make a Frankenstein reboot anyway. After all, Legendary helped co-produce Dracula Untold, right?
Image
Image
Still the best... 8-)

User avatar
GodzillaFan1990's
Keizer
Posts: 9709
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2016 1:11 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: 'Wishlists,' for the Legend-verse of Godzilla

Postby GodzillaFan1990's » Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:44 pm

SonOfGorgo wrote:Is The Black Behemoth owned by Warner Bros? I'm not sure tbh. The rest go without saying though.

It is.

User avatar
SonOfGorgo
JXSDF Technician
Posts: 984
Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2016 6:44 am

Re: 'Wishlists,' for the Legend-verse of Godzilla

Postby SonOfGorgo » Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:22 am

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:
SonOfGorgo wrote:Is The Black Behemoth owned by Warner Bros? I'm not sure tbh. The rest go without saying though.

It is.

Really?
Image
Image
Still the best... 8-)

User avatar
LockBite
Interpol Agent
Posts: 604
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:21 am

Re: 'Wishlists,' for the Legend-verse of Godzilla

Postby LockBite » Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:35 pm

Get Akira Takarada to cameo in at least one of these films. Dude’s old. Get him in there, while you can.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Keizer
Posts: 9466
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:57 am
Location: The Planet Trade HQ
Contact:

Re: 'Wishlists,' for the Legend-verse of Godzilla

Postby Tyrant_Lizard_King » Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:02 pm

A stronger focus on destruction and it's effects on people and the world.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983
Image
Image

User avatar
GodzillaFan1990's
Keizer
Posts: 9709
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2016 1:11 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: 'Wishlists,' for the Legend-verse of Godzilla

Postby GodzillaFan1990's » Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:34 am

Bit of an timeline idea for my ideal MonsterVerse.

Permian-Triassic Extinction Event, 250 million years ago: King Ghidorah arrives on earth and begins leaving waste killing off nearly 90-96% percent of all life but not without Godzilla's species fighting back which leads to the extinction of their race. Severely weakened and injured. The wounded King Ghidorah retreats into space leaving the earth devastated not knowing though a young creature (Godzilla) watches the three-headed dragon flying off swearing revenge for the extinction of his race if he ever returns.

Cretaceous–Paleogene Extinction Event, 65 million years ago: A younger and weaker Ghidorah species related to the one that arrived 250 million years ago comes to earth in the form of the asteroid that struck off the coast of Mexico and drives the dinosaurs into extinction. Because of Desghidorah's resemblance to the King Ghidorah that Godzilla watched flying off millions of years ago back into space. He engages Desghidorah ending in a stalemate leaving both almost fatally injured. Godzilla retreats back into the ocean to recover while Desghidorah is too severely wounded to leave earth and goes into a state of suspended animation to fully recover that will take millions of years.

Younger Dryas impact hypothesis, 12,900 years ago: Earth sees the return of King Ghidorah who arrives in the form of what would become the Younger Dryas impact hypothesis. King Ghidorah once more begins attacking the earth only for an now fully grown Godzilla to engage along with the help of Mothra and Rodan. Their battle leading them to Antarctica where they defeat King Ghidorah and supposedly kills him after being covered by an avalanche during the fight. With King Ghidorah supposedly dead. The three parts their ways. During their fight. A group of human hunters had experienced the earth-shattering fight leading the the cave paintings seen in the post-credits of Kong: Skull Island.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:40 am, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Vakanai
JXSDF Technician
Posts: 802
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:27 am

Re: 'Wishlists,' for the Legend-verse of Godzilla

Postby Vakanai » Tue May 01, 2018 9:22 pm

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:Bit of an timeline idea for my ideal MonsterVerse.

Permian-Triassic Extinction Event, 250 million years ago: King Ghidorah arrives on earth and begins leaving waste killing off nearly 90-96% percent of all life but not without Godzilla's species fighting back which leads to the extinction of their race. Severely weakened and injured. The wounded King Ghidorah retreats into space leaving the earth devastated not knowing though a young creature (Godzilla) watches the three-headed dragon flying off swearing revenge for the extinction of his race if he ever returns.

Cretaceous–Paleogene Extinction Event, 65 million years ago: A younger and weaker Ghidorah species related to the one that arrived 250 million years ago comes to earth in the form of the asteroid that struck off the coast of Mexico and drives the dinosaurs into extinction. Because of Desghidorah's resemblance to the King Ghidorah that Godzilla watched flying off millions of years ago back into space. He engages Desghidorah ending in a stalemate leaving both almost fatally injured. Godzilla retreats back into the ocean to recover while Desghidorah is too severely wounded to leave earth and goes into a state of suspended animation to fully recover that will take millions of years.

Younger Dryas impact hypothesis, 12,900 years ago: Earth sees the return of King Ghidorah who arrives in the form of what would become the Younger Dryas impact hypothesis. King Ghidorah once more begins attacking the earth only for an now fully grown Godzilla to engage along with the help of Mothra and Rodan. Their battle leading them to Antarctica where they defeat King Ghidorah and supposedly kills him after being covered by an avalanche during the fight. With King Ghidorah supposedly dead. The three parts their ways. During their fight. A group of human hunters had experienced the earth-shattering fight leading the the cave paintings seen in the post-credits of Kong: Skull Island.


Eh, I'm not fond of making Ghidorah the killer of Godzilla's species and family, seems too cliche, a little campy giving animals vengeance stories, and killing a whole species of Godzilla makes Ghidorah too powerful to be bothered by one Godzilla, a Mothra, and a Rodan.
Always, *always* proofread, typos are Hedorah.
If you discover you have made a typo, *always* correct it.
Trust me.

Godzilla vs Kong: Kong won't die. He might win, he might lose, but he will survive.

Some netiquette:
1. If you don't want to be rude, *ask* me before you sig me.

User avatar
GodzillaFan1990's
Keizer
Posts: 9709
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2016 1:11 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: 'Wishlists,' for the Legend-verse of Godzilla

Postby GodzillaFan1990's » Tue May 01, 2018 9:45 pm

Vakanai wrote:Eh, I'm not fond of making Ghidorah the killer of Godzilla's species and family, seems too cliche, a little campy giving animals vengeance stories, and killing a whole species of Godzilla makes Ghidorah too powerful to be bothered by one Godzilla, a Mothra, and a Rodan.

I guess. Thought it'd be a good reason for why Godzilla would fight him in KotM and I wouldn't say its as campy as you make it out to be. There are cases of elephants who never forgets things certain people does. I heard one story where an man abused this elephant as a baby and 20 years later said elephant encountered that man again remembering him before attacking him. In this case I'd picture Godzilla being an intelligent animal more so then an elephant which are considered some of the most intelligent animals on earth.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Tue May 01, 2018 9:52 pm, edited 3 times in total.

User avatar
Vakanai
JXSDF Technician
Posts: 802
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:27 am

Re: 'Wishlists,' for the Legend-verse of Godzilla

Postby Vakanai » Tue May 01, 2018 9:51 pm

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:
Vakanai wrote:Eh, I'm not fond of making Ghidorah the killer of Godzilla's species and family, seems too cliche, a little campy giving animals vengeance stories, and killing a whole species of Godzilla makes Ghidorah too powerful to be bothered by one Godzilla, a Mothra, and a Rodan.

I guess. Thought it'd be a good reason for why Godzilla would fight him in KotM and I wouldn't say its as campy as you make it out to be. There are cases of elephants who never forgets things certain people does. I heard one story where an man abused this elephant as a baby and 20 years later said elephant encountered that man again remembering him before attacking him. In this case I'd picture Godzilla being an intelligent animal more so then an elephant which are considered some of the most intelligent animals on earth.

Still, makes Ghidorah far, far too powerful for the other three kaiju to beat, still an over used vengeance cliche. Godzilla will want to fight him because he's wrecking up his home.
Always, *always* proofread, typos are Hedorah.
If you discover you have made a typo, *always* correct it.
Trust me.

Godzilla vs Kong: Kong won't die. He might win, he might lose, but he will survive.

Some netiquette:
1. If you don't want to be rude, *ask* me before you sig me.

User avatar
GodzillaFan1990's
Keizer
Posts: 9709
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2016 1:11 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: 'Wishlists,' for the Legend-verse of Godzilla

Postby GodzillaFan1990's » Wed May 02, 2018 4:22 pm

Vakanai wrote:Still, makes Ghidorah far, far too powerful for the other three kaiju to beat, still an over used vengeance cliche. Godzilla will want to fight him because he's wrecking up his home.

Fair enough. Still nothing wrong with having a little canon world building for fun. :lol:

User avatar
Vakanai
JXSDF Technician
Posts: 802
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:27 am

Re: 'Wishlists,' for the Legend-verse of Godzilla

Postby Vakanai » Wed May 02, 2018 4:31 pm

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:
Vakanai wrote:Still, makes Ghidorah far, far too powerful for the other three kaiju to beat, still an over used vengeance cliche. Godzilla will want to fight him because he's wrecking up his home.

Fair enough. Still nothing wrong with having a little canon world building for fun. :lol:

Nope speculation, ideas, and personal head canons (cannons?) are fun.
Always, *always* proofread, typos are Hedorah.
If you discover you have made a typo, *always* correct it.
Trust me.

Godzilla vs Kong: Kong won't die. He might win, he might lose, but he will survive.

Some netiquette:
1. If you don't want to be rude, *ask* me before you sig me.

User avatar
PitchBlackProgress
G-Force Lieutenant
Posts: 2189
Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:15 pm

Re: 'Wishlists,' for the Legend-verse of Godzilla

Postby PitchBlackProgress » Mon May 07, 2018 8:10 am

* A MonsterVerse anime series based on Monarch.

* Anguirus, Hedorah, and Mechagodzilla to return.

* MonsterVerse tie-in video game where you play as Monarch, containing and exterminating mega fauna.

* A G:KOTM prequel comic about Mothra, Rodan, and Ghidorah.

* Godzilla to preform a “nuclear bite” on an enemy

* Godzilla taking on the military

* NECA King Ghidorah 2019
Last edited by PitchBlackProgress on Mon May 07, 2018 8:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

User avatar
UltramanGoji
Seatopian Daikaiju
Posts: 14178
Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:40 am
Location: Western New York
Contact:

Re: 'Wishlists,' for the Legend-verse of Godzilla

Postby UltramanGoji » Mon May 07, 2018 8:17 am

PitchBlackProgress wrote:* NECA King Ghidorah 2019


Sorry, but this ain’t happening. NECA doesn’t have the licenses.
Image

User avatar
PitchBlackProgress
G-Force Lieutenant
Posts: 2189
Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:15 pm

Re: 'Wishlists,' for the Legend-verse of Godzilla

Postby PitchBlackProgress » Mon May 07, 2018 8:26 am

UltramanGoji wrote:
PitchBlackProgress wrote:* NECA King Ghidorah 2019


Sorry, but this ain’t happening. NECA doesn’t have the licenses.

Has there been any direct word on this? It’s only 2018, still a year away from the film. I feel there’s a lot of time for NECA to negotiate with Toho for at least rights to do the 2019 incarnations.

It made sense for NECA to opt out of doing MUTO, what with them being unrecognizable enough to sell and all, but this is Ghidorah, Mothra, and Rodan we’re talking about, the most familiar faces in the Godzilla franchise, I just don’t see them passing up the chance (if it’s presented to them of course)

I’m not arguing with you that it will for sure happen, because I know how tricky dealing with rights are, all I’m saying is I feel it’s a tad bit too early to say with 100% certainty that it wont happen… less this has already been addressed by Randy that NECA will not be perusing their rights, no matter what. Then yeah, that’d put the nail in the coffin for sure.
Last edited by PitchBlackProgress on Mon May 07, 2018 8:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

User avatar
UltramanGoji
Seatopian Daikaiju
Posts: 14178
Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:40 am
Location: Western New York
Contact:

Re: 'Wishlists,' for the Legend-verse of Godzilla

Postby UltramanGoji » Mon May 07, 2018 8:29 am

Yeah it was 100% confirmed by Randy himself on Twitter. I can’t bother searching through thousands of tweets and hundreds of pages in the NECA thread, but it’s true. No Mothra, Rodan, or KG from NECA.
Last edited by UltramanGoji on Mon May 07, 2018 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image

User avatar
PitchBlackProgress
G-Force Lieutenant
Posts: 2189
Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:15 pm

Re: 'Wishlists,' for the Legend-verse of Godzilla

Postby PitchBlackProgress » Mon May 07, 2018 8:49 am

Oh well, this is still the wish-list thread, right? Other than Mechagodzilla appearing, I don’t truly foresee anything I listed coming true.
Last edited by PitchBlackProgress on Mon May 07, 2018 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking


Return to “MonsterVerse (2014-Present)”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests