'Wishlists,' for the Legend-verse of Godzilla

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
SonOfGorgo
G-Grasper

Re: 'Wishlists,' for the Legend-verse of Godzilla

Post by SonOfGorgo »

Mighty Joe Young, Rhedosaurus, and Them! FTW
Still the best, 1955... 8-)

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

We don't need Joe. We have Kong. There's your gorilla.

Rhedo? Maybe as a throwaway monster, but not a main character.

The Gi-Ants would be cool to see again, but I'd rather they avoid remaking the original.

SonOfGorgo
G-Grasper

Post by SonOfGorgo »

UltramanGoji wrote:We don't need Joe. We have Kong. There's your gorilla.

Rhedo? Maybe as a throwaway monster, but not a main character.

The Gi-Ants would be cool to see again, but I'd rather they avoid remaking the original.
It was moreorless a joke.
Still the best, 1955... 8-)

Mr. Yellow
G-Force Personnel

Post by Mr. Yellow »

Didn’t we wager THEM! ants are already on Skull Island?
"Monsters are tragic beings. They are born too tall, too strong, too heavy. They are not evil by choice. That is their tragedy. They do not attack people because they want to, but because of their size and strength, mankind has no other choice but to defend himself. After several stories such as this, people end up having a kind of affection for the monsters. They end up caring about them." - Ishiro Honda

RamshackleRanger
Futurian

Post by RamshackleRanger »

Mr. Yellow wrote:Didn’t we wager THEM! ants are already on Skull Island?
legit all we know is that there are ants. We have no idea if it's THEM.

Mr. Yellow
G-Force Personnel

Post by Mr. Yellow »

If giant ants are seen, people are going to assume it’s THEM.
"Monsters are tragic beings. They are born too tall, too strong, too heavy. They are not evil by choice. That is their tragedy. They do not attack people because they want to, but because of their size and strength, mankind has no other choice but to defend himself. After several stories such as this, people end up having a kind of affection for the monsters. They end up caring about them." - Ishiro Honda

vibramrunner
JXSDF Technician

Post by vibramrunner »

SenseiTeriyakiV wrote:
Mr. Yellow wrote:Didn’t we wager THEM! ants are already on Skull Island?
legit all we know is that there are ants. We have no idea if it's THEM.
The ants actually weren't in the script; it was an improvised line from John C. Reilly. It was obviously well received, though, since it made the film -- and there's no reason why they can't become canon.

Mr. Yellow
G-Force Personnel

Post by Mr. Yellow »

That’s interesting, and awesome. One of the best lines of the movie.

vibramrunner
JXSDF Technician

Post by vibramrunner »

Absolutely. Reilly was the glue that held that movie together for me. He was great.

orga_000
Yojimbo

Post by orga_000 »

I hope that King Ghidorah's origin is shrouded in mystery. I like to hear fan theories and then like 5 years later we get the real answer.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

orga_000 wrote:I hope that King Ghidorah's origin is shrouded in mystery. I like to hear fan theories and then like 5 years later we get the real answer.
At most I hope they at least imply he's from space, he's not King Ghidorah without being the space dragon we all grown to known and love unlike say GMK Ghidorah.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

The only origin I want from KG is that he's a space monster. I don't want any revisionist history ("HE WAS THE INSPIRATION FOR THE DEVIL!!!!!") or "HE WAS A PREHISTORIC THREE-HEADED PERMIASAURUS" or whatever.

Just give me my space menace.
Last edited by UltramanGoji on Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Other then that yeah I want that too. No need for any backstory except maybe being responsible for a few historic events such as the Permian-Triassic Extinction hence Godzilla's vendetta towards him because as said mystery is good, that's why I like how they never had shown Krampus' face in the 2015 movie it leaves you wondering what he might look like underneath that mask. :)
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Mr. Yellow
G-Force Personnel

Post by Mr. Yellow »

I have a feeling KG's origin will stay unexplained. I don't think they're ready to introduce aliens into the MonsterVerse yet. I'M ready, but I don't think Legendary is.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Mr. Yellow wrote:I have a feeling KG's origin will stay unexplained. I don't think they're ready to introduce aliens into the MonsterVerse yet. I'M ready, but I don't think Legendary is.
Even then as I said, I'd be find with them just implying he's from space but doesn't have to explain outright that he is from it. ;)

Cybermat47
Interpol Agent

Post by Cybermat47 »

As long as King Ghidorah isn't a creation of man like he was in GvKG, I'm good. Space is definitely the best origin, though.

And please, don't make him a mind control bitch again...
Last edited by Cybermat47 on Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Cybermat47 wrote:As long as King Ghidorah isn't a creation of man like he was in GvKG, I'm good. Space is definitely the best origin, though.
Actually if you get deep down into it that King Ghidorah was an carbon-based copy of the real one. The novelization of the movie reveals the Dorats were genetically engineered and created from samples of this King Ghidorah body found on Venus, on top of that there was going to be another King Ghidorah in Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah II where Godzilla would've fought an monster resembling the King Ghidorah he fought a year ago coming from space likely having been the real one the Futurians used DNA of from to create the Dorats.

Head-canon wise too that meteor that Mothra eventually went off into space to stop that's the real King Ghidorah heading for earth, in the continuing Heisei timeline, the real King Ghidorah kills Mothra and reaches earth becoming Godzilla Junior's first true foe.

Feel better now? ;)
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:
Cybermat47 wrote:As long as King Ghidorah isn't a creation of man like he was in GvKG, I'm good. Space is definitely the best origin, though.
Actually if you get deep down into it that King Ghidorah was an carbon-based copy of the real one. The novelization of the movie reveals the Dorats were genetically engineered and created from samples of this King Ghidorah body found on Venus, on top of that there was going to be another King Ghidorah in Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah II where Godzilla would've fought an monster resembling the King Ghidorah he fought a year ago coming from space likely having been the real one the Futurians used DNA of from to create the Dorats.
inb4 some smark goes "WASN'T IN THE FILM IT ISN'T CANON"

Cybermat47
Interpol Agent

Post by Cybermat47 »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:Head-canon wise too that meteor that Mothra eventually went off into space to stop that's the real King Ghidorah heading for earth, in the continuing Heisei timeline, the real King Ghidorah kills Mothra and reaches earth becoming Godzilla Junior's first true foe.

Feel better now? ;)

Considerably :D

HeiseiGodzilla117
Xilien Halfling

Post by HeiseiGodzilla117 »

UltramanGoji wrote:
inb4 some smark goes "WASN'T IN THE FILM IT ISN'T CANON"
"Smark" here. That's true, though. A film is not beholden to stories adapted from it. Supplementary material could help fill in details, but it is subject to change.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.