'Wishlists,' for the Legend-verse of Godzilla

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Jeff-Goldblum1
G-Force Personnel

Re: 'Wishlists,' for the Legend-verse of Godzilla

Post by Jeff-Goldblum1 »

Mechagodzilla

Bryan Cranston resurrected as Jet Jaguar

LegendaryMonster
GPN Volunteer

Post by LegendaryMonster »

Jeff-Goldblum1 wrote:Mechagodzilla

Bryan Cranston resurrected as Jet Jaguar
Oh my god this will never happen but that's amazing lol

The One and Only
Futurian

Post by The One and Only »

Around 2010, there was a bit of news that sadly didn't bear fruit that the SHOGUN WARRIORS were looking at getting a full on, live action theatrical debut(http://www.aintitcool.com/node/44426), starting off with GAIKING. A test trailer was even made to pimp out the feature to drum up interest.

Probably a lot of people's here first Godzilla toy, like me, was the Godzilla toy that was part of Mattel's stateside release of the SHOGUN WARRIORS. And the line was even licensed by Marvel in a short lived comic series by the same creative team as Marvel's GODZILLA:King of the Monsters, Doug Moench and Herb Trimpe.

I was thinking that after nearly forty years Legendary could be the ones to bring the Shogun Warriors(Gaiking, Raydeen, Mazeenga/Tranzor-Z, Dangard Ace), and have them battle it out with Godzilla finally in the Monsterverse.
"All literature is one of three stories: a man goes on a journey, a stranger comes to town, and Godzilla Vs. Megashark. "-Leo Tolstoy.

ZinK
Interpol Agent

Post by ZinK »

-I want LP to remake some of the lesser-known kaiju films like War of The Gargantuas or Space Amoeba. (Even though it's highly unlikely)

-Mothra and Rodan standalone film.
c a k e e v e r y n i g h t

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

ZinK wrote:-I want LP to remake some of the lesser-known kaiju films like War of The Gargantuas or Space Amoeba. (Even though it's highly unlikely)
Space Amoeba I agree is unlikely but I wouldn't say War of the Gargantuas isn't too out of the question considering its increasing popularity due to Rulers of Earth. I'd say there's a good shot in it being put into the verse especially since Brad Pitt is a fan of the movie and would probably express interest in having a role if such a remake were to happen.

Out of the non-related Godzilla films (Space Amoeba, Dogora, Half-Human, etc). War of the Gargantuas is the most likely to be added to the MonsterVerse.

ZinK
Interpol Agent

Post by ZinK »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:
ZinK wrote:-I want LP to remake some of the lesser-known kaiju films like War of The Gargantuas or Space Amoeba. (Even though it's highly unlikely)
Space Amoeba I agree is unlikely but I wouldn't say War of the Gargantuas isn't too out of the question considering its increasing popularity due to Rulers of Earth. I'd say there's a good shot in it being put into the verse especially since Brad Pitt is a fan of the movie and would probably express interest in having a role if such a remake were to happen.

Out of the non-related Godzilla films (Space Amoeba, Dogora, Half-Human, etc). War of the Gargantuas is the most likely to be added to the MonsterVerse.
I'm trying to think of a way they could do the origins without including Frankenstein.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

ZinK wrote:I'm trying to think of a way they could do the origins without including Frankenstein.
Maybe Legendary could make a deal with Universal (Similar to Marvel Studios and Sony with Spider-Man) to have Frankenstein be added to the verse which could eventually lead to Frankenstein vs. King Kong (A concept that was actually going to happen involving Doctor Frankenstein's descendant creating his own Frankenstein's Monster from various animal body parts) and War of the Gargantuas.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:10 am, edited 2 times in total.

Coobzilla03
EDF Instructor

Post by Coobzilla03 »

ZinK wrote:
GodzillaFan1990's wrote:

I'm trying to think of a way they could do the origins without including Frankenstein.
Fallout from the 1954 bombs could have mutated two brothers, creating the Gargantuas. Or something like that.
Resized Image

Dawsbfiremind
EDF Instructor

Post by Dawsbfiremind »

ZinK wrote:
GodzillaFan1990's wrote:

Have them be subspecies of Kong.
goji89 wrote:
Dawsbfiremind wrote:People have asked me how I can want to be a writer
With skills like this......I wonder too.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:Holy mother of Bagan we actually are stuck in limbo.
TK drinking game official rules.
https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... 0#p1564587

ZinK
Interpol Agent

Post by ZinK »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:
ZinK wrote:I'm trying to think of a way they could do the origins without including Frankenstein.
Maybe Legendary could make a deal with Universal (Similar to Marvel Studios and Sony with Spider-Man) to have Frankenstein be added to the verse which could eventually lead to Frankenstein vs. King Kong (A concept that was actually going to happen involving Doctor Frankenstein's descendant creating his own Frankenstein's Monster from various animal body parts) and War of the Gargantuas.
That's actually an awesome idea. I'm not sure how the general audience would react to King Kong vs Frankenstein though, it would sound ridiculous to non-fans.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

ZinK wrote:That's actually an awesome idea. I'm not sure how the general audience would react to King Kong vs Frankenstein though, it would sound ridiculous to non-fans.
And I honestly wouldn't think it'd be too hard to do since like Frankenstein's Monster. King Kong too is Universal property so some deal had to have already happened or something for Godzilla's and King Kong's shared cinematic universe to be done...

But if they can't manage to, maybe have Sanda and Gaira be the result of illegal genetic experiments on humans gone wrong perhaps or change their origins to unknown primates related to King Kong or what Coob said. I don't know just throwing out possibilities.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

Hedorah could easily fit into the Monsterverse, could be made awe-inspiring and terrifying with CGI, and would all around be an amazing villain. I wouldn't be opposed to Hedorah being the final foe of the Monsterverse.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

Ivo-goji
EDF Instructor

Post by Ivo-goji »

I'd really dig it if Frankenstein's monster could be worked into the MonsterVerse somehow. All of the most iconic movie monsters together in the same universe for the first time since the Showa series- it would be a dream come true. I could see Monarch obtaining the remains of the original Creature during World War II and using it's DNA to create their own humanoid kaiju. This could even be the plot for a third 'stand alone' entry in the franchise, not just as the story of a Kong/Godzilla movie. I'd love to see that.

I'm thoroughly opposed to changing Sanda and Gaira's origin however. That would take away too much of their uniqueness.
Resized Image
Kaiju-King42 wrote: Welcome to Toho Kingdom, where every conceivable opinion, no matter how outlandish or unpopular, is a possibility among the population.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Ivo-goji wrote:I'd really dig it if Frankenstein's monster could be worked into the MonsterVerse somehow. All of the most iconic movie monsters together in the same universe for the first time since the Showa series- it would be a dream come true. I could see Monarch obtaining the remains of the original Creature during World War II and using it's DNA to create their own humanoid kaiju. This could even be the plot for a third 'stand alone' entry in the franchise, not just as the story of a Kong/Godzilla movie. I'd love to see that.

I'm thoroughly opposed to changing Sanda and Gaira's origin however. That would take away too much of their uniqueness.
That's...Actually pretty brilliant and speaking of which how about better yet resurrect his remains due to doing something to the corpse like injecting it with some unknown substances or something which not only brings Frankenstein's Monster back to life but also causes him to grow to kaiju size along with being given super regeneration as well (Hence Gaira's and Sanda's origins eventually).

To add onto that in the novel, Frankenstein's Monster retreated into the arctic, maybe Monarch could find his remains there. ;)

xenotactics
Monarch Researcher

Post by xenotactics »

Frankenstein's monster is public domain. No deal would be required.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

xenotactics wrote:Frankenstein's monster is public domain. No deal would be required.
Really then? If that's the case, they can just go ahead and do it which I hope they do or maybe we should catch Legendary's attention by bringing up the idea to them or start a petition because lets be honest, this is a concept idea that'd be very intriguing especially since it'd be a good way to built up for a War of the Gargantuas remake thus keeping Gaira's and Sanda's origins intact. :D

LegendaryMonster
GPN Volunteer

Post by LegendaryMonster »

I think it is likely that War of Gargantuas would be remade I don't think it's very likely that they'll keep the origins the same. I honestly don't expect any mention of Frankenstein if it happens.

Ivo-goji
EDF Instructor

Post by Ivo-goji »

I think the odds are vastly in favor of an iconic public domain character like Frankenstein's monster being introduced in this continuity compared to the odds of Legendary shilling out more money to Toho for using two of their monsters that are bearly recognized outside of the daikaiju fandom.
Resized Image
Kaiju-King42 wrote: Welcome to Toho Kingdom, where every conceivable opinion, no matter how outlandish or unpopular, is a possibility among the population.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Since Megalon is a pretty well-known kaiju amongst the mainstream audiences outside of Godzilla, I wouldn't be surprised if he makes it in a future film.

Cookson
Futurian

Post by Cookson »

LegendZilla wrote:Since Megalon is a pretty well-known kaiju amongst the mainstream audiences outside of Godzilla, I wouldn't be surprised if he makes it in a future film.
An updated Megalon would actually make for a good MUTO "boss".
"We knew the world would not be the same. Few people laughed, few people cried, most people were silent."~Robert Oppenheimer