'Wishlists,' for the Legend-verse of Godzilla

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Re: 'Wishlists,' for the Legend-verse of Godzilla

Post by Vakanai »

Yonggary vs Pulgasari, a commentary on South vs North Korean tensions, kaiju style!
I unapologetically, wholeheartedly, and without a doubt hate Godzilla vs Kong.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

-Pre-colonial Canada, 2nd Century B.C., 2,200 years ago: In what is now British Columbia, the ancestors of the Coast Salish group of a few men are out hunting when suddenly they hear an high-pitch screech, before they could look up, a sound similar to the flapping of wings is heard (Rodan's sonic booms), as the thunderous sound fades away, the pair of natives looks to the sky seeing an massive form flying in the skies flying off. Awe-struck by the sight they had just seen, upon returning from hunting, the men tells their tribe of what they witnessed hence, they weren't the first as previous natives have witness Rodan, it was one of these sightings of Rodan which lead to the legends of the Thunderbird in Indigenous Canadian/Native American mythologies.

-1300, Over 700 years ago: It would be known Dante's Inferno was actually fact written as fiction as Dante Alighieri himself found himself stumbling upon and venturing into the hollow earth where he met various of the hollow earth's fauna consisting of dangerous creatures (Skull Crawlers included) which would've then lead to the inspiration for the demonic creatures in his poem as well as what he thought was Hell (The Hollow Earth itself is where the whole concept of Hell came from in the first place in the MonsterVerse by our ancestors as Dante wasn't the only one to have went down there).
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:53 pm, edited 8 times in total.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

An actual swimming battle, I don't mean floating at the surface or standing at the bottom, I wanna see Godzilla swimming underwater fighting another monster. He is a sea monster after all, and yet we see flying monsters fight each other high in the air like Rodan & King Ghidorah, Mothra & Battra, Gamera & Iris more than we see sea monsters fight.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Living Corpse wrote:An actual swimming battle, I don't mean floating at the surface or standing at the bottom, I wanna see Godzilla swimming underwater fighting another monster. He is a sea monster after all, and yet we see flying monsters fight each other high in the air like Rodan & King Ghidorah, Mothra & Battra, Gamera & Iris more than we see sea monsters fight.
Actually while I agree we need more sea fights, we could use more mid air fights too.

The only midair fights are Rodan vs KG, and that was brief, and Mothra vs Battra. Actually despite having so many winged and flight capable monsters there are more underwater fights, Godzilla vs Battra, Godzilla vs GMKGhidorah, Godzilla vs Ebirah,

If there's one thing I hope they take an advtanage of its a midair fight between Rodan and Ghidorah with Mothra joining the fray.

As I said that I realized how much I want Mothra to appear in imago form. It would help it differentiate it from the originals GTTHM film.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Shin Gabara
Monarch Researcher

Post by Shin Gabara »

I'm sure she'll appear in her adult form. The materials released so far have described a cocoon. I'd expect her larva in GvKK.
. . .

Ripper Rex
Yojimbo

Post by Ripper Rex »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:-Pre-colonial Canada, 2nd Century B.C., 2,200 years ago: In what is now British Columbia, the ancestors of the Coast Salish group of a few men are out hunting when suddenly they hear an high-pitch screech, before they could look up, a sound similar to the flapping of wings is heard (Rodan's sonic booms), as the thunderous sound fades away, the pair of natives looks to the sky seeing an massive form flying in the skies flying off. Awe-struck by the sight they had just seen, upon returning from hunting, the men tells their tribe of what they witnessed hence, they weren't the first as previous natives have witness Rodan, it was one of these sightings of Rodan which lead to the legends of the Thunderbird in Indigenous Canadian/Native American mythologies.

-1300, Over 700 years ago: It would be known Dante's Inferno was actually fact written as fiction as Dante Alighieri himself found himself stumbling upon and venturing into the hollow earth where he met various of the hollow earth's fauna consisting of dangerous creatures (Skull Crawlers included) which would've then lead to the inspiration for the demonic creatures in his poem as well as what he thought was Hell (The Hollow Earth itself is where the whole concept of Hell came from in the first place in the MonsterVerse by our ancestors as Dante wasn't the only one to have went down there).
Very interesting on the Dantes Inferno part. Also worth noting is that Satan himself is encased in an icy tomb at the very inner circle in the story. And guess who in the Monsterverse in entombed in ice....Ghidorah.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Ripper Rex wrote:Very interesting on the Dantes Inferno part. Also worth noting is that Satan himself is encased in an icy tomb at the very inner circle in the story. And guess who in the Monsterverse in entombed in ice....Ghidorah.
Yep so I know. King Ghidorah is apparently the inspiration of Satan in the MonsterVerse. Hence why I decided to throw that potential concept idea involving around Dante's Inferno.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

HeiseiGodzilla117
Xilien Halfling

Post by HeiseiGodzilla117 »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:
Ripper Rex wrote:Very interesting on the Dantes Inferno part. Also worth noting is that Satan himself is encased in an icy tomb at the very inner circle in the story. And guess who in the Monsterverse in entombed in ice....Ghidorah.
Yep so I know. King Ghidorah is apparently the inspiration of Satan in the MonsterVerse. Hence why I decided to throw that potential concept idea involving around Dante's Inferno.
Where in the world did you hear that Ghidorah was the inspiration for Satan in the Monsterverse? Wouldn't even make sense considering he's frozen FAR away from where the Abrahamic religions evolved.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

HeiseiGodzilla117 wrote:Where in the world did you hear that Ghidorah was the inspiration for Satan in the Monsterverse? Wouldn't even make sense considering he's frozen FAR away from where the Abrahamic religions evolved.
Wrong choice of words on my part I confess you're right he wasn't, what I meant to say was King Ghidorah was compared to Satan based on this.

https://www.google.ca/search?q=monarch+ ... ZJt8jCetPM:

"The Devil has three heads"
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:47 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

Which is interesting because the devil in Dante's Inferno had three faces where he chewed the three worst traitor's in history up to that point in three different mouths. Dante's devil is similar to Ghidorah at least in the three heads/faces department.
I unapologetically, wholeheartedly, and without a doubt hate Godzilla vs Kong.

charliesheenkaiju
Interpol Agent

Post by charliesheenkaiju »

I'm hoping when King Kong and Godzilla do meet up they don't just instinctively roar at each other and go at it. There has to be a reason for one monster to perceive the other as a threat, and coming off KOTM im sure Godzilla will still be recovering where he's the least interested in picking a fight with a similar sized monster. If he travels to skull island that will already put Kong on the alert as there's an intruder, but instead of immediately fighting maybe they're both clearing up a pack of mutos/skullcrawlers and Godzilla does something to piss Kong off (accidental tail swipe or atomic breath wiping out large chunks of the land), maybe its vice versa with Kong getting in his way. But I think it would be most appropriate for Kong to escalate things by challenging Godzilla or hell just going up and punching him in the jaw cue Godzilla with a nasty grin/low growl. I can't think of a better moment to show the audience that NOW its on :twisted: .
Kong better not touch my drumset!

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

I personally would not be oppose to Bagan being in the MonsterVerse. Considering his obscurity to the GA, Legendary could easily take advantage of that and use him as the GA would likely mistake Bagan for being another original monster they cooked up like M.U.T.O or Skull Crawler.

Two ideal origins I had in mind for Bagan is him perhaps being this ancient superpredator to Godzilla's kind or if you want to stick close to his origin as in the game maybe Jonah (Supposedly Monarch's opposite) collecting samples of Godzilla's and King Ghidorah's DNA to create him to get revenge on Monarch.

Would especially work great for a post-credits such as Jonah members talking about how to deal with Monarch and then one of them shows vials that has the labeled names Godzilla and King Ghidorah and when one of the others asks what the DNA of the monsters are for, the one that was showing them says "A way to getting revenge on Monarch. My friends let me introduce you to the creation we'll be get started on. Bagan, the code name of our monster.".
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

JesstrK
G-Force Personnel

Post by JesstrK »

charliesheenkaiju wrote:I'm hoping when King Kong and Godzilla do meet up they don't just instinctively roar at each other and go at it. There has to be a reason for one monster to perceive the other as a threat, and coming off KOTM im sure Godzilla will still be recovering where he's the least interested in picking a fight with a similar sized monster. If he travels to skull island that will already put Kong on the alert as there's an intruder, but instead of immediately fighting maybe they're both clearing up a pack of mutos/skullcrawlers and Godzilla does something to piss Kong off (accidental tail swipe or atomic breath wiping out large chunks of the land), maybe its vice versa with Kong getting in his way. But I think it would be most appropriate for Kong to escalate things by challenging Godzilla or hell just going up and punching him in the jaw cue Godzilla with a nasty grin/low growl. I can't think of a better moment to show the audience that NOW its on :twisted: .
This is a very good point. In real life, if a crocodile and a gorilla run across each other in the wild, they're probably not gonna fight just for the heck of it, they'd probably avoid each other and keep walking unless either the croc was extremely hungry or the gorilla felt that it or its young were directly threatened.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

If aliens are to ever be featured in the MonsterVerse. I'd like them to be like what we saw in Arrival, nothing humanoid though that way it still keeps the realism to it.

Mr. Yellow
G-Force Personnel

Post by Mr. Yellow »

I've got a serious question here....how do we fit Jet Jaguar into the MonsterVerse?
"Monsters are tragic beings. They are born too tall, too strong, too heavy. They are not evil by choice. That is their tragedy. They do not attack people because they want to, but because of their size and strength, mankind has no other choice but to defend himself. After several stories such as this, people end up having a kind of affection for the monsters. They end up caring about them." - Ishiro Honda

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Mr. Yellow wrote:I've got a serious question here....how do we fit Jet Jaguar into the MonsterVerse?
Turning out Joe Brody didn't die but rather the life support he was given had chemicals that made him look dead and then taken in to be turned into a cyborg. 8-) :P
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Mr. Yellow wrote:I've got a serious question here....how do we fit Jet Jaguar into the MonsterVerse?
Same little boy who was stuck on that train 20 years later draws an idea for a robotic kaiju..... and somehow drops the picture in some toxic waste. BOOM, Jet Jaguar is here! :P
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:Same little boy who was stuck on that train 20 years later draws an idea for a robotic kaiju..... and somehow drops the picture in some toxic waste. BOOM, Jet Jaguar is here! :P
Why doesn't this site have a like button... :lol:

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:Same little boy who was stuck on that train 20 years later draws an idea for a robotic kaiju..... and somehow drops the picture in some toxic waste. BOOM, Jet Jaguar is here! :P
Why doesn't this site have a like button... :lol:
(Grabs award) Thank you very much....... I knew it, I knew you guys loved me! (Looks into crowd, and then starts bawling) :lol:
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

charliesheenkaiju
Interpol Agent

Post by charliesheenkaiju »

Jet Jaguar should have the same presence in the Monsterverse as Robin did in the Dark Knight trilogy.
Kong better not touch my drumset!