'Wishlists,' for the Legend-verse of Godzilla

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
master_of_monsters
EDF Instructor

Re: 'Wishlists,' for the Legend-verse of Godzilla

Post by master_of_monsters »

M.U.T.O. wrote:
master_of_monsters wrote:more made up kaiju
In other words, just more kaiju.
more non toho kaiju anyway
your source of self destruction

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

I think other good candidates for kaiju to being in would be ones that Warner Bros already owns. For example the giant ants from THEM! And the Rhedosaurus from The Beast from 20,000 Fathoms. Mothers could be pitted up against the former if Legendary were to hypothetically give her own solo film.

Underworld54
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Underworld54 »

Mastergodzilla wrote:Here's mine:
Phase One:
Godzilla 2014
Kong: Skull Island 2017: Has 2 Kongs, Gorosaurus, Kumgona, Kamacras, and other generic Kong Kajiu.
Godzilla 2 2019: Mothra, Rodan, King Ghidorah
Godzilla vs Kong 2020

Phase 2:
Untitled King Kong sequel 2021
Hedorah spin-off 2021: Hedorah
Godzilla 3 2022: Angurius, Gigan, Hedorah, MechaGodzilla, Destroyah
Mothra spin-off 2022: Mothra, Battra, Rodan, King Ghidorah
Matango 2023

Phase 3:
Godzilla 4: Armageddon 2024: Gigan, SpaceGodzilla, Hedorah,
Mothra 2nd spinoff 2024: Mothra, King Ceaser
Some unknown movies that introduce the following kaiju 2024-2028: Baragon, Varan, Manda, Ebirah,
Destroy All Monsters Remake 2029: Every monster introduced, and find some way to bring back the dead ones.

What are yours? If you have posted them in other topics, copy and paste a link here, please! Thank You!
We'll never see even close to that many movies, and what's with the phases? This isn't Marvel.
Sadly, I must make you aware that anything I say is my opinion.

Contrary to popular belief, I did like Godzilla 2014

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

LegendZilla wrote:I think other good candidates for kaiju to being in would be ones that Warner Bros already owns.
I think this is less likely than the whole "phases" thing.

g2vd
Xilien Halfling

Post by g2vd »

-Keep making New Monsters! I love all the Toho Monsters but this franchise needs to continue having some new blood but keep bringing in the Toho Monsters make their appearances when they do pop up a big deal.

-Please for the love of God don't bring in MechaGodzilla he needs a serious break at least for a few more Godzilla films.

Rodan being a equal to Godzilla like was in the original Showa films.

-I need my Angurius and Gigan those are the only guys I really need to see outside of Ghidorah and Rodan

-What Gerd said on Human Characters we need GOOD characters Godzilla films are far from just about the monsters fighting. the best films in the franchise have had the best characters and that's another reason why the Heisei films are so weak because you can't even remember the name of the characters a day after watching the movie if not while watching the movie because they are so bland and unmemorable most of the time. Joe Brody and Serizawa were a good start and I hope Serizawa continues to play a major part in the upcoming movies.
Godzilla

M.o.g.u.e.r.a14
EDF Instructor

Post by M.o.g.u.e.r.a14 »

-Anguirus to appear
-Godzilla 3.
Fan of Godzilla, Pacific Rim, Sailor Moon, and Transformers.
Dezerb wrote: buenos ding dong didily dias senor.
http://i.imgur.com/PpE0DEQ.gif

Moguera14 X Sailor Moon

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

Anyone who says an Anguirus solo film is silly, btw. Anguirus CAN'T have a solo film. He's not solo material.

What other's have said. Maybe have a 'Fantastic Beast and where to find them' Prequel starring Monarch, showing them hunting down kaiju like Varan, Baragon, Gaira, Gezora?
Imagine getting angry your out of date and obsolete stats for rubber suit monsters were 'stolen'.

GargantuaTarantula
Samurai

Post by GargantuaTarantula »

LamangoKaijura wrote:Anyone who says an Anguirus solo film is silly, btw. Anguirus CAN'T have a solo film. He's not solo material.

What other's have said. Maybe have a 'Fantastic Beast and where to find them' Prequel starring Monarch, showing them hunting down kaiju like Varan, Baragon, Gaira, Gezora?
I'm into this based on Gaira be in it alone

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

GargantuaTarantula wrote:
LamangoKaijura wrote:Anyone who says an Anguirus solo film is silly, btw. Anguirus CAN'T have a solo film. He's not solo material.

I'm into this based on Gaira be in it alone
Hell if that stuff doesn't work, always a Netflix series can be used. Hour long episode hunting monsters.
Imagine getting angry your out of date and obsolete stats for rubber suit monsters were 'stolen'.

Gerdzerl

Post by Gerdzerl »

While Anguirus having a solo film is indeed unlikely and I don't ever expect him to get one, I honestly don't see why he couldn't in theory. I mean, if Rodan, Varan, Dogora, the Gotengo, Frankenstein, Baragon, and Gargantuas can be focuses of their own films, what makes Anguirus any significantly less qualified for his own film? They aren't really "solo material" by most standards either yet here we are. You could easily just give Anguirus new powers, have him fight another monster, or make the human characters and/or the plot interesting. You just have to be creative and put thought into it is all.

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

I dunno, the first issue of Godzilla: Legends was pretty well done as an adventure starring Anguirus. I think it can work, provided he became popular enough with audiences. Introduce him in a Godzilla film first.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

Ryguy
EDF Instructor

Post by Ryguy »

LamangoKaijura wrote:What other's have said. Maybe have a 'Fantastic Beast and where to find them' Prequel starring Monarch, showing them hunting down kaiju like Varan, Baragon, Gaira, Gezora?
Damn, this idea ain't actually half-bad.

Of course none of those kaiju you listed will ever exist on the big screen again most likely, and it would likewise require great investment into the franchise by the GA, but I can envision this
"And now you will walk to him, and you will battle him to the death. Green and Brown. Fight night. The greatest gladiator match in the history of the world: reptile versus primate; day versus night; King of Monsters versus Kong of Skull Island!"

GargantuaTarantula
Samurai

Post by GargantuaTarantula »

Ryguy wrote:
LamangoKaijura wrote:What other's have said. Maybe have a 'Fantastic Beast and where to find them' Prequel starring Monarch, showing them hunting down kaiju like Varan, Baragon, Gaira, Gezora?

Of course none of those kaiju you listed will ever exist on the big screen again most likely, and it would likewise require great investment into the franchise by the GA, but I can envision this
I'm still holding out for a War of the Gargantuas remake. Come on Brad Pitt!

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

Ryguy wrote:

That's why you lump them together. Look how many new kaiju the Kong trailer introduced. More monsters = More butts in seats.

g2vd
Xilien Halfling

Post by g2vd »

Ryguy wrote:2. NO CYBORGS

Gigan is pissed.
Godzilla

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Also another thing for my wishlist for this verse is since its suppose to stick to realism as close as possible and the whole nature thing. The only Toho monsters that should get in are ones close to real life or work things around it such as Battra, Gaira, Sanda and Zilla.

Any monsters like Mechagodzilla, Destoroyah, Gigan, SpaceGodzilla and Biollante should stay out of this verse due to obvious reasons I stated above. I don't have any problem with King Ghidorah being in the series or the possibility of Orga getting in because I find it too unlikely for earth to be the only planet in the whole wide universe to have life.
All of my yes. Don't forget Battra, Ebirah, Gorosaurus, Manda, Megaguirus, Kamacuras, Kumonga, Sanda, Titanosaurus and Zilla (Make him an ancient species of reptile like in Rulers of Earth). They all would fit in perfectly as well.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Fri Nov 18, 2016 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ivo-goji
EDF Instructor

Post by Ivo-goji »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:The only Toho monsters that should get in are ones close to real life or work things around it such as Battra, Gaira, Sanda and Zilla.
How are any of them 'close to real life'?

Skull Island's creatures introduced so far are already as out-there as they can be. I'm all for fantastic and otherworldly kaiju being in this universe.
Resized Image
Kaiju-King42 wrote: Welcome to Toho Kingdom, where every conceivable opinion, no matter how outlandish or unpopular, is a possibility among the population.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Ivo-goji wrote:How are any of them 'close to real life'?

Skull Island's creatures introduced so far are already as out-there as they can be. I'm all for fantastic and otherworldly kaiju being in this universe.
Based it on the fact they're really just "natural" giant animals like giant dinosaurs (Titanosaurus, Gorosaurus, Baragon, Anguirus), giant insects (Battra, Megaguirus, Kamacuras) and so on. Meanwhile they could change Gaira's and Sanda's origins to giant primitive hominid's and Zilla being an ancient species of reptile (Which he was in Rulers of Earth).

They can all relate to being from prehistory or ancient times as a result. No mutations or science going wrong required. On the other hand ones like Destoroyah, SpaceGodzilla, Gigan, Mechagodzilla and Biollante are far from reality based on their origins and I couldn't see how they would even work with the Man vs. Nature theme especially Mechagodzilla.

HeiseiGodzilla117
Xilien Halfling

Post by HeiseiGodzilla117 »

Ivo-goji wrote:
GodzillaFan1990's wrote:The only Toho monsters that should get in are ones close to real life or work things around it such as Battra, Gaira, Sanda and Zilla.
How are any of them 'close to real life'?

Yeah, I want them to embrace the sci-fi and fantasy aspects of different kaiju as well. I don't give a fuck about 'realism.' Godzilla has always been the monster that opened Pandora's Box. He starts off on his own in a pretty grounded (by kaiju standards) way. That inevitably leads to fantastical monsters like Mothra and genetic freaks like Biollante showing up. I'm down for all of these kaiju making appearances. If they want to tweak their origins a bit to fit the universe they're working with, go for it. But there's no need to rule them out.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

tbeasley
EDF Instructor

Post by tbeasley »

Well so far we have Godzilla, Kong: Skull Island, Godzilla 2 and Godzilla vs. Kong. That's Kong and Godzilla with Mothra, Ghidorah and Rodan tagging along. I don't think we'll be seeing solo films with any other monsters. Kong has never really been a franchise character so they'll really have to try and get that going. If more Toho monsters are brought in for Godzilla, I think Mechagodzilla (if Pacific Rim doesn't already have mechs covered for Legendary), a Baby Godzilla eventually, big bad enemy monsters like Hedorah and Gigan and simple to introduce monsters like Baragon and Anguirus are safe bets.

Shin Godzilla has antagonistic Godzilla covered, so I'm fine with Legendary continuing with a protagonist (but still destructive) version.