'Wishlists,' for the Legend-verse of Godzilla

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
LegendaryMonster
GPN Volunteer

Re: 'Wishlists,' for the Legend-verse of Godzilla

Post by LegendaryMonster »

I wonder if they weren’t confident in a War of the Gargantuas movie they could maybe roll them into a Kong movie. Like Gaira could be the antagonist and Kong is out to stop him but Sanda is still protective of him. Kong: Gargantuas, just a thought.

SonOfGorgo
G-Grasper

Post by SonOfGorgo »

Have Rodan eat little big bugs as an homage to the Meganulons.
Still the best, 1955... 8-)

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Would love to see Monarch finding an lost document from Christopher Columbus' journal about how during his voyage to the new world in 1492 that he spotted a large creature swimming on the surface which happened to be Godzilla and on top of that, having a flashback of that happening as one of the characters reads to dialogue of this lost piece of the journal.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:Would love to see Monarch finding an lost document from Christopher Columbus' journal about how during his voyage to the new world in 1492 that he spotted a large creature swimming on the surface which happened to be Godzilla and on top of that, having a flashback of that happening as one of the characters reads to dialogue of this lost piece of the journal.
Ew, god no. That sounds incredibly tacky.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

UltramanGoji wrote:Ew, god no. That sounds incredibly tacky.
Well guess you can say I'm just a fan of the idea of kaijus being part of history and all that... :lol:

SonOfGorgo
G-Grasper

Post by SonOfGorgo »

Mighty Joe Young, Rhedosaurus, and Them!

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

Rhedosaurus, Gamera and aliens!

scottzilla
Monarch Researcher

Post by scottzilla »

I like the idea of writing monsters into *some* of history's grey area's, but not forcing it. I hope they don't go overboard with it.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Well instead of Christopher Columbus, how is this?

Monarch finds a ship's log from an ancient Viking captain who reports seeing the scaly crest of the Midgard Serpent gliding through the water alongside his ship. Can you imagine the awe and terror of a Viking crew seeing the gargantuan form of Godzilla swimming alongside their boat?

It would be so eerie... Godzilla isn't aggressive towards humans (Not that he can't be based on the Spanish-American War), so G would probably just be curious but to the Vikings, this would be like meeting a god. It'd be pretty cool if Godzilla was one of the inspirations for the Midgard Serpent in the Norse Myths and perhaps even Ragnarok.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:49 am, edited 3 times in total.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

I don't want any of this stuff on-screen. I'd be perfectly fine with having it on some viral marketing site but to include a scene like that in these films would grind the pace to a halt. I also REALLY don't want to see Bayformer-esque flashbacks to those eras either is that is extremely cheesy.

HeiseiGodzilla117
Xilien Halfling

Post by HeiseiGodzilla117 »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:Well instead of Christopher Columbus, how is this?

Monarch finds a ship's log from an ancient Viking captain who reports seeing the scaly crest of the Midgard Serpent gliding through the water alongside his ship. Can you imagine the awe and terror of a Viking crew seeing the gargantuan form of Godzilla swimming alongside their boat?

It would be so eerie... Godzilla isn't aggressive towards humans (Not that he can't be based on the Spanish-American War), so G would probably just be curious but to the Vikings, this would be like meeting a god. It'd be pretty cool if Godzilla was one of the inspirations for the Midgard Serpent in the Norse Myths and perhaps even Ragnarok.
Vikings didn't have journals. They had oral traditions and rune carvings on various objects. Also, that wouldn't make sense considering the origins of Jormungandr and Norse mythology in general predate the Viking Age.

I'm okay with vague hints that the monsters have surfaced before and loosely connecting certain events to them. We got that with the first movie. But I'm with Ultramangoji on this one. It's too cheesy and waaaay too forced. Not a fan.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

HeiseiGodzilla117 wrote:Vikings didn't have journals. They had oral traditions and rune carvings on various objects. Also, that wouldn't make sense considering the origins of Jormungandr and Norse mythology in general predate the Viking Age.

I'm okay with vague hints that the monsters have surfaced before and loosely connecting certain events to them. We got that with the first movie. But I'm with Ultramangoji on this one. It's too cheesy and waaaay too forced. Not a fan.
Really then? I always thought Norse myths originated from Vikings stories and all that. Funny... :lol:

HeiseiGodzilla117
Xilien Halfling

Post by HeiseiGodzilla117 »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote: Really then? I always thought Norse myths originated from Vikings stories and all that. Funny... :lol:
Germanic tribes passed stories down through generations via oral tradition (skaldic poetry, for example). Most weren't actually written down in full until the 12th-13th centuries, well past the Viking Age.

This is off topic, though. I'll end it here.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Ryguy
EDF Instructor

Post by Ryguy »

I agree that the backstory and narration thing would be extremely cheesy. I brought the "Godzilla in history" concept up about three months ago, but I don't like the idea of a Bayformers-esque narration.

I would rather have an opening scene in a historical setting, but without a narration. I conceived an idea of a scene setting during the Middle Ages, which would be fucking dope. But none of that Bayformers shit.

Besides an overall badass incarnation of Ghidorah, I want a true kickass climax too. I want something long, brutal, and memorable. Think the climaxes of films like The Phantom Menace, Revenge of the Sith, Captain America: Civil War, Dawn of Justice, Avengers, Rogue One, Man of Steel, etc. None of that "villain gets killed in three minutes after two punches because of some ridiculous plot point" BS like in The Amazing Spiderman.

And I also want to see Godzilla and Ghidorah fight in a volcanic environment, dammit! Dougherty, if you're reading this, please update the script if this isn't the climax. I will give you an Oreo!
Last edited by Ryguy on Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"And now you will walk to him, and you will battle him to the death. Green and Brown. Fight night. The greatest gladiator match in the history of the world: reptile versus primate; day versus night; King of Monsters versus Kong of Skull Island!"

morgoth
G-Force Personnel

Post by morgoth »

Ryguy wrote:

Besides an overall badass incarnation of Ghidorah, I want a true kickass climax too. I want something long, brutal, and memorable. Think the climaxes of films like The Phantom Menace, Revenge of the Sith, Captain America: Civil War, Dawn of Justice, Avengers, Rogue One, Man of Steel, etc. None of that "villain gets killed in three minutes after two punches because of some ridiculous plot point" BS like in The Amazing Spiderman.
Yes, Fucking yes!!!!!
"The wait was not a long one."

"The Devil has three heads."

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

I want a real fight between Godzilla and the military, ie: they come at him with everything they have, it does nothing, then he blows them all the f*** away.

scottzilla
Monarch Researcher

Post by scottzilla »

I don't want them to make the same mistakes as DC and rush the hell out of this stuff. One thing I'm worried about for KOTM is having 3 brand new(for this universe) monsters on screen. Either it's going to be so cluttered you can't focus, or one is going to be killed off early(Rodan). Don't get me wrong, I'm super excited to see them on an American big screen and I'll be satisfied no matter what, but it's a worry for sure.

I also really want them to start building human characters we can follow through each movie. It seems like Serizawa is gonna be our Nick Fury and that's cool, but maybe 2 or 3 more to be weaved through these films would be fun.

And lastly, like someone else said, I want the final battle between Godzilla and Ghidorah to be apocalyptic. I loved some of the shots in G14 when he's battling the Muto's and it's just utter destruction in San Francisco, I want to see that world wide.
Last edited by scottzilla on Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

scottzilla wrote:I don't want them to make the same mistakes as DC and rush the hell out of this stuff. One thing I'm worried about for KOTM is having 3 brand new(for this universe) monsters on screen. Either it's going to be so cluttered you can't focus, or one is going to be killed off early(Rodan). Don't get me wrong, I'm super excited to see them on an American big screen and I'll be satisfied no matter what, but it's a worry for sure.
If it makes you better, there's so much potential to expand the series and continue its mythology with the following especially if they can't manage to get the rights to other Toho properties.

-50's Warner Bros. Classics such as Rhedosaurus, Them!, The Black Scorpion and the Giant Behemoth
-Journey to the Center of the Earth/At the Earth's Core type of movie especially since the Hollow Earth has been introduced
-Public Domain such as the Loch Ness Monster
-More original monsters like the M.U.T.O.'s and Skull Crawlers

Just a thought. The way I always seen this Cinematic Universe is its just full of monsters being the main theme/story/plot and that Godzilla was just the beginning and part of it. ;)
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:25 am, edited 3 times in total.

SonOfGorgo
G-Grasper

Post by SonOfGorgo »

I think a semi-remake of Atragon mayn't be far off either. Perhaps with some elements of Godzilla '94, Gamera: Guardian of the Universe, Atlantis: The Lost Empire, Kong: Skull Island, etc.

My ideas so far include:
* Title - Atragon: The Legend of Mu
* Set somewhen between the events of K:SI (1973) and the prologue of G2014 (1999), so anywhen from the late '70s to the early '90s.
* Our main character would be named Aaron Vaught.
* The Atragon ship would be 525 feet long (160.02 metres), while Manda itself would be 1050 feet long (320.04 metres).
* The people of Mu not so much antagonists this around, but rather portrayed in a rather grey moral and political area.
* Manda is revealed to be created by the founders of Mu to be a guardian, similar to Heisei Gamera and '94 Godzilla.
* It may also be revealed that Mu's disappearance was the result of a long-forgotten conflict between the ancient people of Earth and a race of alien beings dubbed the 'Mysterians'.
* The climax may involve Manda defending Mu against an alien Gryphon-esque creature (Dagahra?).

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

I would love for if it turns out in KotM that Rodan was behind the legends of various "Avian/Bat" like creatures from myths and legends worldwide like the Thunderbird by Native Americans (Rodan's sonic booms being mistaken by the natives for thunder from Rodan's wings since they wouldn't know what a sound barrier was at the time), Roc by Middle Easterns (Middle Eastern people witnessing Rodan scooping up elephants with his talons), Phoenix by the Greeks (Rodan's association with fire which the Phoenix was), Camazotz by the Mayans (Rodan causing destruction and death which Camazotz was the Mayan God of), etc.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:42 am, edited 2 times in total.