'Wishlists,' for the Legend-verse of Godzilla

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Gojira18
EDF Instructor

Re: 'Wishlists,' for the Legend-verse of Godzilla

Post by Gojira18 »

I'd love to see Rokmutul and Pteradactyl be in later films

Showa Gyaos
Keizer

Post by Showa Gyaos »

I'm okay if the pterodactyl were never brought in. We're sort of getting flying critters in Kong: Skull Island.

But I'd be down for a monster like Rokmutul being brought in, if only to act as cannon fodder for Godzilla or another monster. Curb-stomp battles are fun.
ScrumpBump wrote:
BARAGONBREH wrote:What a crap "theory". It's a great time to be alive though, I guess. Buy yourself a MacBook, spout some BS and post it on YouTube and you can make a buncha money.
Kong is Ness and Skull Island is apart of Undertale.

Gib money.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

That Water Buffalo growing up. We need more mammal monster.

Skull Island becoming Monster Island.

Or just Monster Island existing in some form at all in this universe.

Gojira18
EDF Instructor

Post by Gojira18 »

Showa Gyaos wrote:I'm okay if the pterodactyl were never brought in. We're sort of getting flying critters in Kong: Skull Island.

But I'd be down for a monster like Rokmutul being brought in, if only to act as cannon fodder for Godzilla or another monster. Curb-stomp battles are fun.
Maybe a mate or a rival for Anguirus if he ever comes in?

Tyrant28
JXSDF Technician

Post by Tyrant28 »

Would like Rokmutul and Shinomura to be brought in somewhat. Like Monarch has a piece of Shinomura's cell in containment or something.
MrRockett wrote: They are a sticky bunch for sure. In 2014 all the guys were gathered around the Gravity booth to get a glimpse and maybe an autograph from Sandra Bullock. Some ass jockey decided to not crop dust the crowd, dude let off some straight napalm and cleared a 20 ft radius and didn’t flinch, he just moved up closer. I prayed Sandra wouldn’t catch a whiff, talk about Endgame....just gross.

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Hedorah

Biollante

Shinomura (or at the very least, acknowledge he exists outside of the prequel comic)

Other film monsters aside from Godzilla and Kong. Rhedosaurus? Black Scorpion? THEM? The former they could feasibly do, because Beast from 20,000 Fathoms is owned by Warner Bros.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

That centipede monster from the G2014 teaser. Yes I know it was made for the teaser and not canon, but no reason they can't make it canon later on. ;)

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

The general public would find the Rhedosaurus to be too similar to Godzilla. He wouldn't be able to hold his own movie.

The ants from THEM could work. They're famous enough and their movie would be unique enough to stand out.

... Okay, bear with me... what if they brought Moby Dick into the MonsterVerse? That's the only other giant famous monster I can think of that might be in the public domain. XD
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

Gojira18
EDF Instructor

Post by Gojira18 »

And have Godzilla's roar from the 2012 teaser. I love the current roar, but it would add some variety to it.

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Kaiju-King42 wrote:The general public would find the Rhedosaurus to be too similar to Godzilla. He wouldn't be able to hold his own movie.

The ants from THEM could work. They're famous enough and their movie would be unique enough to stand out.

... Okay, bear with me... what if they brought Moby Dick into the MonsterVerse? That's the only other giant famous monster I can think of that might be in the public domain. XD
Eh, I disagree with the Rhedosaurus. He's distinctly different looking from Godzilla, being a quadruped carnivore with no projectile weapon or anything. They could slightly revise his origin to further separate him from Godzilla.

Also I would totally be down for Moby Dick being in the MonsterVerse :lol:
ImageImage

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

Breakdown wrote: Eh, I disagree with the Rhedosaurus. He's distinctly different looking from Godzilla, being a quadruped carnivore with no projectile weapon or anything. They could slightly revise his origin to further separate him from Godzilla.
I would also disagree, but the thing is the general public is kind of stupid and wouldn't be able to tell the difference between them anyway. :lol:
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Kaiju-King42 wrote:
Breakdown wrote: Eh, I disagree with the Rhedosaurus. He's distinctly different looking from Godzilla, being a quadruped carnivore with no projectile weapon or anything. They could slightly revise his origin to further separate him from Godzilla.
I would also disagree, but the thing is the general public is kind of stupid and wouldn't be able to tell the difference between them anyway. :lol:
Ain't that the truth, hahaha. What exactly did you have in mind for your MonsterVerse Moby Dick? I'm not gonna lie, I genuinely like the idea lol.
ImageImage

SpanishBulldog63
Administrator
Administrator

Post by SpanishBulldog63 »

I don't know if it's been said yet in this thread, and I ain't digging through it, but a Rodan on par with Godzilla a la 1964.
NSZ wrote:Well thanks, GVJ, now I can't not picture Sal being voiced by Geoff Ramsey. :lol:
"-what they don't know won't hurt 'em... until they're dead."
Resized Image

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Speaking of Moby Dick. I feel they should have potential in making a Whale kaiju as an original monster. Whales are already big animals with the Blue Whale being the biggest, so just imagine a kaiju version of a Whale. Actually honestly surprised that hasn't been done...

Technically speaking though as unlikely as it is, I'd actually be up for Moby Dick and that the so called novel by Herman Meville was actually based on fact covered up by Monarch (The Frankenstein Theory ring a bell :P).

RamshackleRanger
Futurian

Post by RamshackleRanger »

I kind of want rodan to go full seabird, diving into the ocean and then flying out with Godzilla's tail in his beak and pulling him out of the water.

EDIT: Maybe rodan could eat moby dick. He does like whales after all. :lol:

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Kaiju-King42 wrote:The general public would find the Rhedosaurus to be too similar to Godzilla. He wouldn't be able to hold his own movie.
Rhedosaurus might of been one of the inspirations (The other being King Kong) of Godzilla but very sure they would find him different rather then similar since for one he's four-legged and doesn't have the signature dorsal spikes, even their faces seem different. If you ask me I've found Rhedosaurus more similar to Zilla aka G'98 which I think was more of a remake of that then Godzilla.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
So similar amirite?
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:
Rhedosaurus might of been one of the inspirations (The other being King Kong) of Godzilla but very sure they would find him different rather then similar since for one he's four-legged and doesn't have the signature dorsal spikes, even their faces seem different. If you ask me I've found Rhedosaurus more similar to Zilla aka G'98 which I think was more of a remake of that then Godzilla.
I can see where he is coming from because people kept saying Godzilla was in Lego Batman.

It was the Kraken from Clash of the Titans. The four arms gave it away, people were just confused because he shot blue fireballs in that movie.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Living Corpse wrote:I can see where he is coming from because people kept saying Godzilla was in Lego Batman.

It was the Kraken from Clash of the Titans. The four arms gave it away, people were just confused because he shot blue fireballs in that movie.
Touche...

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Speaking of firballs...Gamera. So far these movies have been going

GODZILLA - Godzilla is the last of his kind and must fight the MUTO species from reproducing and becoming a plague.

Kong: Skull Island - King Kong is the last of his kind and must fight the Skullcrwaler plague which has reproduced out of crazy.

They can do a similar formula with Gamera, just make a movie called GAMERA and have him fight the Gyaos, later make Godzilla vs Gamera. It's not likely I know but Toho has been surprisingly liberal with crossovers and taking risks lately, with several crossover happening with their Godzilla and other franchises from other companies in City Shrouded in Shadow. Hell that game is survival horror, so they are taking a chance just putting Godzilla in a game of that nature.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Living Corpse wrote:They can do a similar formula with Gamera, just make a movie called GAMERA and have him fight the Gyaos, later make Godzilla vs Gamera. It's not likely I know but Toho has been surprisingly liberal with crossovers and taking risks lately, with several crossover happening with their Godzilla and other franchises from other companies in City Shrouded in Shadow. Hell that game is survival horror, so they are taking a chance just putting Godzilla in a game of that nature.
To top that off, heard rumors Gamera could even be in City Shrouded in Shadow, making the chances more likely to see Godzilla vs. Gamera be a reality in the future at some point. Keep in mind Toho is no longer run by the same people as they were in the 90's and early 2000's. ;)