'Wishlists,' for the Legend-verse of Godzilla

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
SonOfGorgo
G-Grasper

Re: 'Wishlists,' for the Legend-verse of Godzilla

Post by SonOfGorgo »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:I would love for if it turns out in KotM that Rodan was behind the legends of various "Avian/Bat" like creatures from myths and legends worldwide like the Thunderbird by Native Americans (Rodan's sonic booms being mistaken by the natives for thunder from Rodan's wings since they wouldn't know what a sound barrier was at the time), Roc by Middle Easterns (Middle Eastern people witnessing Rodan scooping up elephants with his talons), Phoenix by the Greeks (Rodan's association with fire which the Phoenix was), Camazotz by the Mayans (Rodan causing destruction and death with Camazotz was the Mayan God of), etc.
Sounds interesting, especially if there were many individual Rodans over the centuries.
Still the best, 1955... 8-)

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

If the Gargantuas are to be featured in the MonsterVerse. I think the most potential origin behind it would be they were a pair of Bigfoots/Sasquatches minding their own business in the forests of California until exposure to radiation left behind by Godzilla and the M.U.T.O.'s during the events of G14 causing them to slowly mutate and grow larger reaching kaiju size until leading to the supposed events of an MonsterVerse War of the Gargantuas. It'd be a great tie-in. ;)

This idea also came to me mainly because of Sanda's Bigfoot/Sasquatch like appearance in the original War of the Gargantuas.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:12 am, edited 2 times in total.

MothraRocks
Futurian

Post by MothraRocks »

1) I really want Rodan to not only demolish cities/ towns that he comes across, but I really don't want him to die in the fight against Ghidorah. Not only do I think it would be a waste to kill him off in the same movie he's introduced, but I think poor Rodan needs to get back in the spotlight and remind people why he's part of the Famous Four. I mean the poor guy hasn't had a proper victory since 1965 :|

2) This might be shocking coming from me of all people ( :P ), but I really don't want Mothra to die in this. Do I want her beaten up and tossed around like a rag doll at times against Ghidorah? Hell yes I do. But I gerneally want Godzilla, Mothra and Rodan to finish the fight alive, but just horribly weakened. If Mothra does die though, I think it would be appropriate for it to be when she's trying to defend Godzilla or Rodan or something that's really within her character of being selfless. On top of that, it'd be neat if there was an egg that hatched and came to continue the fight, giving us a true remake of GTTHM.

3) I want KG to be truly menacing, but that's been repeated by enough people on the forum so I'll leave it at that; we all want the Devil incarnate :P

4) Expand on the hollow Earth theory using Kaiju like Baragon and Anguirus, possibly even Megalon (though the latter would be a bit of a stretch).

5) Biollante to go with teh whole FloraFauna from Skull Island -- she'd look badass beyond belief in modern day.

6) I'd like for monsters like Varan to be explored a bit more; now that we've been introduced to Kong and the Iwi, having another island with natives that live life around a giant monster that's seen as a god isn't too far fetched.
"And if something good can come from bad, the past can Rest In Peace."

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

MothraRocks wrote:4) Expand on the hollow Earth theory using Kaiju like Baragon and Anguirus, possibly even Megalon (though the latter would be a bit of a stretch).
Exactly why I'd love to the an MonsterVerse type At the Earth's Core/Journey to the Center of the Earth like movie. I mean just imagine new original kaijus being featured along with Skull Crawlers returning as recurring monsters along with Baragon making his debut as not only the top predator of the hollow earth ecosystem but of Skull Crawlers as well.

Imagine a scene where an Ramarak sized Skull Crawler lunges out towards one of the characters or group only to get grabbed by something bigger as it then slowly zooms over to who grabbed it showing Baragon with the Skull Crawlers lifeless body limping in his mouth. :D

MothraRocks
Futurian

Post by MothraRocks »

^That's exactly how I picture Baragon or Angy making their entrance, completely diminishing the threat of the other monster :D

Additionally, if Angy does make it into the MV, I'd love it if his spikes would actually DO SOMETHING this time around :P
"And if something good can come from bad, the past can Rest In Peace."

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Personally I think Baragon would be more fitting due to his subterranean nature but I wouldn't mind Anguirus and understand why considering his popularity here in the west thus being more likely. Granted I'd rather Anguirus be introduced in another installment then an At the Earth's Core/Journey to the Center of the Earth type movie but again would still be fine with it.

Added in 5 hours 12 minutes 13 seconds:
Decided to update my list of wanted Toho monsters for the MonsterVerse.

-Anguirus
-Baragon
-Battra
-Biollante
-Desghidorah
-Ebirah
-Gargantuas (Gaira and Sanda)
-Gorosaurus
-Hedorah
-Kumonga
-Manda
-Mechagodzilla
-Titanosaurus
-Varan
-Zilla

For some of them. This is how I'd do their origins in the MonsterVerse.

Baragon: Top apex predator of hollow earth ecosystem especially towards Skull Crawlers.
Biollante: Native carnivorous plant from Skull Island where during supposed fight between Godzilla and King Kong on Skull Island, radiation left behind by Godzilla caused said plant to slowly grow bigger and mutate.
Desghidorah: Species related to King Ghidorah in the same sense how gorillas/orangutans/chimpanzees and crocodiles/alligators are.
Gargantuas (Gaira and Sanda): Mutated Kongs that were exiled from King Kong's troop long before he was born.
Hedorah: Ancient microbes that feeds off of pollution (radiation).
Mechagodzilla: Organic metal like lifeform from space that absorbs various earth metals before taking on the form of Godzilla which it'd view as the dominant species on the planet.
Titanosaurus: Ancient prehistoric species like Godzilla whose kind were rival competitors to Godzilla's species back during their time.
Zilla: Distinctly related species to Godzilla's kind like how great apes and monkeys are.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

SonOfGorgo
G-Grasper

Post by SonOfGorgo »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:Mechagodzilla: Organic metal like lifeform from space that absorbs various earth metals before taking on the form of Godzilla which it'd view as the dominant species on the planet.
I'm rather intrigued by your take on Mechagodzilla. Reminds me of the scrapped Godzilla vs. Berserk concept.

Mr. Yellow
G-Force Personnel

Post by Mr. Yellow »

I literally want to take every Toho, and American monster for that matter, and give them a viable place and origin in the MonsterVerse.
"Monsters are tragic beings. They are born too tall, too strong, too heavy. They are not evil by choice. That is their tragedy. They do not attack people because they want to, but because of their size and strength, mankind has no other choice but to defend himself. After several stories such as this, people end up having a kind of affection for the monsters. They end up caring about them." - Ishiro Honda

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

SonOfGorgo wrote:I'm rather intrigued by your take on Mechagodzilla. Reminds me of the scrapped Godzilla vs. Berserk concept.
Yeah that's the idea I was exactly going for.

SonOfGorgo
G-Grasper

Post by SonOfGorgo »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:Yeah that's the idea I was exactly going for.
Cheers m8.

Another idea of mine is a pseudo-reboot of Atragon, where Manda would have a more major role (and was created by the people of Mu, similar to de Bont's Godzilla '96), Mu itself would be depicted in a more positive/sympathetic light, Manda gets to fight another monster in the climax, etc. Think a mix of Rossio's/Elliott's Godzilla '94, Gamera: Guardian of the Universe, Atlantis: The Lost Empire, Kong: Skull Island, etc.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

SonOfGorgo wrote:Cheers m8.

Another idea of mine is a pseudo-reboot of Atragon, where Manda would have a more major role (and was created by the people of Mu, similar to de Bont's Godzilla '96), Mu itself would be depicted in a more positive/sympathetic light, Manda gets to fight another monster in the climax, etc. Think a mix of Rossio's/Elliott's Godzilla '94, Gamera: Guardian of the Universe, Atlantis: The Lost Empire, Kong: Skull Island, etc.
And considering Manda's length at his longest being 300 meters in Final Wars. He could easily of been behind the legends of the the Leviathan that was said to be miles long. ;)

SonOfGorgo
G-Grasper

Post by SonOfGorgo »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:And considering Manda's length at his longest being 300 meters in Final Wars. He could easily of been behind the legends of the Leviathan that was said to be miles long. ;)
Sounds plausible.

Satchmo
Young Farmer

Post by Satchmo »

Someone else mentioned Atragon, and that K:SI opened the door to other lost world films, so here's a list of potential ideas for other mythological settings for some potential kaiju spin-offs.
Spoiler:
The Bermuda Triangle
no brainer, self explanatory

Atlantis
Plato's story describes it as an island nation that fell out of favor with the gods and "disappeared into the sea". This can be pretty easily explained away as being Kaiju related, and then have that Kaiju remain in the ruins of said Island nation. It's also described as mountainous and protected/owned by "Poseidon" in Plato's works. So that gives some more ideas for potential monsters to in habit on/around the island.

Shangri-La
legendary paradise-esque valley in Tibet

Shambala
this one is a stretch to base it on it's original myth (it's just a holy city/kingdom ruled by the next bhudda) but you could prolly use the name for something as it would be more recognizable than some of the others below.

El Dorado
El Dorado as a myth is pretty interesting. Originally it was the story of a tribal chief who covered himself in gold and swam in a lake. The myth in the 14th and 15th century evolved from a sole man to an entire city (or more) of gold. But the importance of it has always been place on a lake (the fabled Lake Parima) and the search for gold/wealth. So hypothetically speaking they can pose this as a large gold deposit. Setting the film near a lake in the Columbian jungle would allow for a whole host of ideas for monsters and characters. They can even ride on the success of Netflix's Narcos and set it during the South American drug war and communist rebels, which had a ton of American involvement. This one is probably my favorite one to explore

Agartha
a civilization/continent at the center of the earth, related to the REAL LIFE hollow earth theory. This is actually just free set up for a hollow earth film some of you want, and something that tangibly ties into existing canon.

Kumari Kandam/Lemuria
this is a much more recent psuedo-science, it's a lost submerged continent connecting africa/madagascar/india to explain geological similarities between the 3 locations, founded before the idea of Pangaea existed. There's a lot of theories even from just a century ago on this on so I didn't research it too deeply, but there's probably a lot to pull from because of it.

Jötunheimr
this one is a little interesting, in norse mythology this is the land of the Jotnar. Jotnar are very vaguely defined creatures, but are often referred to as giants (though, not always). So there is a possible way to spin it to refer to ancient depictions of Kaiju. Alternatively Jotnar could be used as a possible origin for a War of the Gargantuas remake.

Other Shit
there's a lot of mythical places and things I skipped because they didn't seem functional. But that's not to say it can't be done. Example, they could spin the concept of Mt Olympus into non-humanoid Kaiju worshipped by ancient greeks. Among other religious lore to draw from. But I left most of those off the table because it'd take a large amount of work to have say, zeus as some flying lightning kaiju, well received.
I'm not super married to any one idea in particular, but I certainly do love the idea of more "lost worlds", and I'm hopeful they'll explore it a bit.

Dawsbfiremind
EDF Instructor

Post by Dawsbfiremind »

Satchmo wrote:Someone else mentioned Atragon, and that K:SI opened the door to other lost world films, so here's a list of potential ideas for other mythological settings for some potential kaiju spin-offs.
Spoiler:
The Bermuda Triangle
no brainer, self explanatory

Atlantis
Plato's story describes it as an island nation that fell out of favor with the gods and "disappeared into the sea". This can be pretty easily explained away as being Kaiju related, and then have that Kaiju remain in the ruins of said Island nation. It's also described as mountainous and protected/owned by "Poseidon" in Plato's works. So that gives some more ideas for potential monsters to in habit on/around the island.

Shangri-La
legendary paradise-esque valley in Tibet

Shambala
this one is a stretch to base it on it's original myth (it's just a holy city/kingdom ruled by the next bhudda) but you could prolly use the name for something as it would be more recognizable than some of the others below.

El Dorado
El Dorado as a myth is pretty interesting. Originally it was the story of a tribal chief who covered himself in gold and swam in a lake. The myth in the 14th and 15th century evolved from a sole man to an entire city (or more) of gold. But the importance of it has always been place on a lake (the fabled Lake Parima) and the search for gold/wealth. So hypothetically speaking they can pose this as a large gold deposit. Setting the film near a lake in the Columbian jungle would allow for a whole host of ideas for monsters and characters. They can even ride on the success of Netflix's Narcos and set it during the South American drug war and communist rebels, which had a ton of American involvement. This one is probably my favorite one to explore

Agartha
a civilization/continent at the center of the earth, related to the REAL LIFE hollow earth theory. This is actually just free set up for a hollow earth film some of you want, and something that tangibly ties into existing canon.

Kumari Kandam/Lemuria
this is a much more recent psuedo-science, it's a lost submerged continent connecting africa/madagascar/india to explain geological similarities between the 3 locations, founded before the idea of Pangaea existed. There's a lot of theories even from just a century ago on this on so I didn't research it too deeply, but there's probably a lot to pull from because of it.

Jötunheimr
this one is a little interesting, in norse mythology this is the land of the Jotnar. Jotnar are very vaguely defined creatures, but are often referred to as giants (though, not always). So there is a possible way to spin it to refer to ancient depictions of Kaiju. Alternatively Jotnar could be used as a possible origin for a War of the Gargantuas remake.

Other Shit
there's a lot of mythical places and things I skipped because they didn't seem functional. But that's not to say it can't be done. Example, they could spin the concept of Mt Olympus into non-humanoid Kaiju worshipped by ancient greeks. Among other religious lore to draw from. But I left most of those off the table because it'd take a large amount of work to have say, zeus as some flying lightning kaiju, well received.
I'm not super married to any one idea in particular, but I certainly do love the idea of more "lost worlds", and I'm hopeful they'll explore it a bit.
I just quoted this to say: "You've been here two years and you've only posted twice?"

C'mon now, we need other people posting 'round here.=, especially those with different ad intriguing ideas.
goji89 wrote:
Dawsbfiremind wrote:People have asked me how I can want to be a writer
With skills like this......I wonder too.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:Holy mother of Bagan we actually are stuck in limbo.
TK drinking game official rules.
https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... 0#p1564587

Shin Gabara
Monarch Researcher

Post by Shin Gabara »

Ok, hold my beer . . . how y'all doin?

All right

I want KoM to be a stealth Mothra movie. That the first bit of kibble we got was Mothra related gives me great hope.

She must be psychic/clairvoyant . . . some people are sensitive to her . . . Kong is definitely sensitive to her. Not Godzilla or Rodan, though, they are psychically dull. Keep it subtle, but incredibly wide spread . . . where other monsters cause death and destruction locally, Mothra's psionic attacks affect everywhere. Nearly everyone 'hears' her.

Keep Rodan the main villain in KoM. Leave Ghidorah as the villain in GvK.

Make Mothra responsible for keeping Ghidorah asleep. When she dies (and she will die) Ghidorah wakes. Giving him similar powers as Mothra could go a long way towards explaining why Kong and Godzilla fight.

I don't just want Ghidorah to be an alien, but an alien bio weapon.

Either Kong or Godzilla sacrifice themselves to destroy Ghidorah.
Last edited by Shin Gabara on Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
. . .

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Shin Gabara wrote:Ok, hold my beer . . . how y'all doin?

All right

I want KoM to be a stealth Mothra movie. That the first bit of kibble we got was Mothra related gives me great hope.

She must be psychic/clairvoyant . . . some people are sensitive to her . . . Kong is definitely sensitive to her. Not Godzilla or Rodan, though, they are psychically dull. Keep it subtle, but incredibly wide spread . . . where other monsters cause death and destruction locally, Mothra's psionic attacks affect everywhere. Nearly everyone 'hears' her.

Keep Rodan the main villain in KoM. Leave Ghidorah as the villain in GvK..
Woah woah woah, Rodan as the main villain?! :dizzy: Sorry but im not at all for that idea. KG is already set to be the villain in KotM.
Last edited by MechaGoji Bro7503 on Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Shin Gabara
Monarch Researcher

Post by Shin Gabara »

I know, I know . . . Rodan is not typically shown as a villain (my familiarity is mostly with Showa). However, I think that structurally it works better if the focus in KoM is on Mothra/Rodan, and then shifting in GvK to Ghidorah. I can see a situation where the relationship between Rodan and Mothra is similar to the one between Godzilla and the MUTOs. Otherwise . . . the only 'bad guys' in this incarnation of the franchise are the MUTOs and Ghidorah (I don't want to hear anything about the Skullcrawlers, they are like the buzzing of flies to Vigo) and that's not enough to form the Kaijustice League.

The release dates being only a year apart and the recent remarks about 'returning characters' leads me to think that in a way KoM is Godzilla 2 pt. 1 (Raids Again + The Thing) and GvK is Godzilla 2 pt. 2 (M0 + Astro Monster) and that Ghidorah will remain a presence throughout both flicks. Or, at least that is my hope.
Last edited by Shin Gabara on Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
. . .

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

Post by PitchBlackProgress »

Hmmm, cameos. It was a real shame Akira Takarada's scene in Godzilla 2014 was cut, would have made for the perfect fan service. I'm hoping someone like Akira or someone else who's appeared in a multitude of the Godzilla movies is casted for one of the sequels down the line.

Personally, I'd make Akira Takarada a member of Monarch.
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

Dr. Professor
Futurian

Post by Dr. Professor »

I'd really like Henry Jackman to return to do the soundtrack for the next two movies.
Resized Image
(Art by Lisa Naffziger)

Co-host (Nick) of G-Force: A Kaiju Podcast
Twitter | Instagram | Facebook

RIP Evan A. Baker :serizawa:

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

So I know how some people doesn't like the idea of Bayformers-esque flashbacks in the movies considering one of the reasons is that it'd halt the pacing of them so I thought about another way how it could be brought in. Through comics similar to Birth of Kong and Awakening which are prequels except focusing on historic and prehistoric events.

Ones I'd love to see are these five.

Spoiled to avoid taking up space.
Spoiler:
-Permian-Triassic Extinction Event, Over 250 million years ago: This sees the arrival of King Ghidorah from space who begins laying waste on the planet as mammal-like reptiles and other animals around this time flees in terror. Soon Godzilla's species arises to stop King Ghidorah before he can wipe out the last of life on earth, despite their best efforts, both sides suffer. It took all of Godzilla's species to stop King Ghidorah who in turn gets weakened from the enduring fight and war, with little no energy left, he doesn't risk wiping out the rest of life in case there's more of Godzilla's kind before retreating into space to eventually return when he's truly restored unknown to him though an lone young Godzilla we all know from the movie watches on as the last of his kind vowing revenge if King Ghidorah ever returns.

-Last Ice Age Extinction Event, Over 10,000 years ago: After hundreds of millions of years since what resulted in the Permian-Triassic Extinction Event. King Ghidorah returns to full strength and glory and aims to finish off where he left off to wipe out all life on earth, as he ravages the land with prehistoric Ice Age megafauna such as Mammoths, Saber-toothed cats and Ground sloths fleeing in horror trying to escape King Ghidorah's wrath whom the golden three-headed terror successfully wipes out of existence hence why they aren't here to this day, before he can process any further. His actions are interrupted by the arrival of an now fully grown Godzilla who had since been awaiting the day King Ghidorah would return along with Mothra joining in and an Rodan pair who sees King Ghidorah as a threat to their territory which King Ghidorah happens to be in, eventually the enduring battle leads to Antarctica where King Ghidorah is "defeated" (Putting him into suspended animation) by Godzilla, Mothra and the Rodan pair who gets buried in an enormous avalanche of snow and ice but not before killing Rodan's mate (Hence why Rodan is involved in KotM). With the cosmic terror seemingly defeated. Godzilla, Mothra and Rodan (Who is mourning the loss of his mate) parts their ways. Earlier or during the middle of the fight before it got to Antarctica, an tribe of early humans experienced the intense fight and creates the cave paintings we all saw in the post-credits of K:SI.

-Maya civilization, 1000 B.C, 3000 years ago: Chaos endures as citizens of the Maya flees in terror from an unknown cause that's causing wind storms tearing multiple blocks apart and as survivors try to find sanctuary, an ear-pitching shriek from the skies is overheard as survivors sees the flying form of Rodan up in the air who came to feed on the citizens who at this point is leaving due to his hunger being satisfied. Due to this chain of events, this is what leads to the legends and inspiration of the Mayan death god known as Camazotz and to this day forward to prevent such an incident ever happening again offers sacrifices to Rodan (Camazotz) that happens to be living in an nearby volcano which will be seen in KotM.

-850 A.D., 1150 years ago: An group of vikings are sailing in the frigid waters of the Atlantic when suddenly something large emerges from the waves none other then Godzilla swimming next to and close to their boat. The Viking chief and his crew watches in awe and terror seeing the gargantuan form of Godzilla swimming alongside their boat for the next few minutes before diving back down into the oceans depths. Upon this experience, they end up making oral traditions and rune carvings on various objects

-1492, Over 500 years ago: Christopher Columbus is snailing to the New World (Who thinks its India) only as he's looking out his telescope, he spots an rather large creature swimming on the surface, awe shocked at the sight of this. The explorer takes a closer look and continues to watch until Godzilla dives down into the oceans depths. From such the experience, Christopher Columbus writes it all down in his journal with the next panel cutting to the present day where members of Monarch discovers this lost document from his journal.
Got more ideas coming way but this is it for the time being.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:57 am, edited 11 times in total.