'Wishlists,' for the Legend-verse of Godzilla

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
LegendZilla
Sazer

Re: 'Wishlists,' for the Legend-verse of Godzilla

Post by LegendZilla »

A War of the Gargantuas remake with Brad Pitt.

G2000
Xilien Halfling

Post by G2000 »

Most everyone including "absolute must-haves" on their wishlists will come away disappointed. That being said:

- Clear-cut Godzilla victory in Godzilla vs Kong, ending with the two monsters teaming up against a greater threat.

- Monsterverse animated series. From what we know about KoTM and GvK, it seems as if all the ingredients for an animated series are there (a cast of eclectic characters employed by a super organization, cool transports in the form of the giant VTOL and the nuclear submarine, a means to communicate with monsters, and some more things that I will not go into at the risk of spoilers). Ideally, it would revolve around the men and women of MONARCH (largely consisting of the returning characters from KoTM and GVK; so far that looks like the characters portrayed by MBB, Kyle Chandler, etc.) travelling around the world researching and fighting monsters with the aid of Godzilla, Kong, Rodan, Mothra and other "good" monsters, with an overarching plot each season. Ideally you'd have a mix of original monsters as well as some Toho monsters.

- Monsterverse/Pacific Rim crossover. I'm usually not much one for crossovers, but this could easily work thanks to there already being an established means for traveling between alternate dimensions in the PR universe. It would probably work best as a comic series, or perhaps an animated spinoff. I've posted about my ideas for such a crossover (namely the "proxy war" concept) a few times on this site and others. Ideally it would take place shortly after the original Pacific Rim and retcon the events of Uprising. Mako and Raleigh would still be alive and probably leading a PPDC "expeditonary force" to train and fight alongside the MONARCH-piloted Jaegers. You'd also have things like factions within MONARCH; one who sees Godzilla and the other friendly Titans as valuable allies of humanity, and another that wants to use the Jaegers to eliminate them once and for all.
gottatalktothefake wrote:
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:Since most of us agree that G14 will probably get a DVD re-release around the time KOTM comes out, all I want is for Legendary to release that deleted scene with Akira Takarada. That's all, I just wanna see his cameo.
Also they need to fix the fucking lighting they screwed up, I'm sick of having to adjust my TV settings every time I want to watch it.
These too.
Last edited by G2000 on Sun Dec 23, 2018 8:01 pm, edited 4 times in total.
gerdzerl wrote:DONT STOP G2000 YOU SEXY BEAST

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

G2000 wrote:- Clear-cut Godzilla victory in Godzilla vs Kong, ending with the two monsters teaming up against a greater threat.
*Trying to resist urge to add Destoroyah picture*

Grievous
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Grievous »

Guys...try not to set your own expectations too high...

That's how you become disappointed even when the
films you see are actually pretty good.

Honestly...I'm happy for the MonsterVerse to end with
Godzilla vs. Kong & the rights to revert to Toho.

I'm just trying to be realistic here.
The A.D.F Needs You! Join The Anguirus Defense Force via Private Message Today!

Tyler Kuykendall
Ronin

Post by Tyler Kuykendall »

I want the King of the Monsters to beat Kong, and here's my wish-list of Toho monsters.

#1- Anguirus

The first monster Godzilla fought, who'd go on to be his ally in as many movies as Mothra and Rodan. After KotM, he deserves to be the next Toho kaiju in the MonsterVerse more than anyone.

#2- Gigan (Final Wars-esque)

He's fun to watch in his original form as far as rubber suit-clashing, but after Final Wars, he's the Godzilla foe I want most to appear in the MonsterVerse next. If he's depicted in this fashion, he'd be best as naturally armor-plated instead of cybernetic: without his eye laser ability (maybe?), his arm blades changed from metal to another sharp substance, his buzzsaw made into 'belly spikes' that can still make Godzilla bleed, and portrayed as an aquatic monster given his fin-like spines. Could that work?

Here's a figure combining his original coloring with his Final Wars look. That's a way to mix the old with the awesome, but I prefer a combo of the gold in the photo with the dark blue in Final Wars.

#3- Destoroyah / Monster X (non-Ghidorah form)

I'd say that Monster X is underrated, but I don't know for sure. I find his skeletal appearance as representative of death as Destoroyah's demonic appearance is of deviance, especially in the figure below (though I'd remove the wings), and can't decide who'd look more awesome sauce. If Ghidorah lives and gets spin-off movies, it's tough to choose if I'd rather see these two and Gigan fight him or Godzilla.

#5- King Caesar

If Kong gets a sequel, how would a movie with King Kong *and* King Caesar not excite you? I'm aware that maybe not all, and maybe none, of these wish-list entries will be reality in the MonsterVerse; but this is merely a wish-list thread. I loved the M.U.T.O. and the Skullcrawlers and am excited to see more original monsters. If not the MonsterVerse, there'll be the TohoVerse.

#6- Orga / Varan

Orga's more distinct as a kaiju than Varan, who looks sort of like a titanic carnivorous iguana (removing his gliding ability for believability purposes, making him much like in the picture below); but Varan's also a cool dude, and he deserves justice in a 'monster clash' movie that he didn't get in Destroy All Monsters - ideally as an ally of Godzilla like he was in that movie, or of Kong... if not both in Godzilla vs. Kong. I want them both in the MonsterVerse.

#8- Kiryu MechaGodzilla

You may be surprised that MechaG comes in second-to-last place, but if this makes sense, I give the others the edge for being kaiju with distinct appearances instead of a giant robot with the same form as Godzilla (at least as I kind of view him)... Not that MechaG wouldn't be awesome, and I very much hope to see him in the MonsterVerse as an attempt by M.O.N.A.R.C.H. to create their own Godzilla - whether that turns out to be a freak turn of events or not.

#9- Zilla

Since Toho now owns the rights to this dude, Legendary may as well make good out of the bad situation that was the '98 Godzilla. His design was bad for Godzilla, but it's really not a bad monster design. Some people would compare Godzilla's form to a T-rex's, but it's actually more comparable to an upright-standing iguanadon's; while Zilla actually has a T-rex build... Well, more like a raptor's given his longer arms, but close enough: permitting him to climb, to jump and to move a lot faster, as if adjusting Godzilla's appearance to give him Kong's abilities. He obviously looks too much like Godzilla for him to be the only other monster in a movie with him, but if Godzilla vs. Kong does have more monsters in it given its synopsis mentioning them, he'll fit in fine. Just don't name him 'Zilla' in this universe.

Some people have expressed interest in seeing the Cloverfield monster in the MonsterVerse, but... why? Its physiology is VERY similar to the M.U.T.O.'s, only with a round head, a tail and a hideously pale look. Others have mentioned Gorosaurus, but a kangaroo-kicking non-atomic Godzilla sounds best (to me) as a rubber suit. I don't know about you, but I'd 100% rather see this guy - as non-existent as I think the chance of that is.

Last edited by Tyler Kuykendall on Wed Dec 26, 2018 3:58 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Grievous
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Grievous »

Tyler Kuykendall wrote:Here's my wish-list of Toho monsters.

#1- Anguirus

The first monster Godzilla fought, who'd go on to be his ally in as many movies as Mothra and Rodan. After KotM, he deserves to be the next Toho kaiju in the MonsterVerse more than anyone.
I second this...

Although the others you listed maybe a stretch...

Except Varan...I want Angurius & Varan in the MonsterVerse...
mainly because they were both dropped from GMK.
Last edited by Grievous on Wed Dec 26, 2018 3:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

ultrazilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by ultrazilla »

Why it's taking so long for them to release 4k UHD G14? The HDR and wide color gamut would really bring out the nuances of the movie.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

1 Anguirus. i'm just gonna be repeating everyone else .

2: Varan. because why not? he fits in just fine and he hasn't gotten any big roles .

3:Gamera. unfortunately, i can't see this one happening seeing as how Toho and Kadokawa have a massive hate boner for one another. still can dream right?

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Grievous
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Grievous »

tyrantgoji wrote:1 Anguirus. i'm just gonna be repeating everyone else .

2: Varan. because why not? he fits in just fine and he hasn't gotten any big roles .

3:Gamera. unfortunately, i can't see this one happening seeing as how Toho and Kadokawa have a massive hate boner for one another. still can dream right?
HA!

Hate Boner!

Just like Me & my Ex...
Last edited by Grievous on Sun Dec 30, 2018 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

I don't want Destoroyah to be the "big bad" or antagonist in GvK , he's just....... eh. Sure he looks cool but all he did was kill Godzilla's second son, and even then he got his ass handed to him by Godzilla. Destoroyah ends up flying away and getting blasted apart by the military. People hype him up for no reason, he was underutilized in a sub-par movie.
Or wait a minute..... Godzilla, King Kong, and Destoroyah have all gotten killed my humans. So that's why people want them to fight :lol:
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Post by gottatalktothefake »

It would be amazing if we could get a small scale War of the Gargantuas directed by Guillermo Del Toro. Keep it dark with the subject matter of Gaira specifically hunting and eating people
GojiSquid wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:58 am TBF if a movie has a sex scene without a monster mash, then is it really a graveyard smash?

Grievous
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Grievous »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:I don't want Destoroyah to be the "big bad" or antagonist in GvK , he's just....... eh. Sure he looks cool but all he did was kill Godzilla's second son, and even then he got his ass handed to him by Godzilla. Destoroyah ends up flying away and getting blasted apart by the military. People hype him up for no reason, he was underutilized in a sub-par movie.
Or wait a minute..... Godzilla, King Kong, and Destoroyah have all gotten killed my humans. So that's why people want them to fight :lol:
Personally...I think Destoroyah is WAY overrated...much like Ghidorah...
but a lot of fans like him...so I get the "appeal" of him returning.
gottatalktothefake wrote:It would be amazing if we could get a small scale War of the Gargantuas directed by Guillermo Del Toro. Keep it dark with the subject matter of Gaira specifically hunting and eating people
YES!

ALL OF THIS! IN MY FACE! RIGHT NOW!
Last edited by Grievous on Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gojira18
EDF Instructor

Post by Gojira18 »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:I don't want Destoroyah to be the "big bad" or antagonist in GvK , he's just....... eh. Sure he looks cool but all he did was kill Godzilla's second son, and even then he got his ass handed to him by Godzilla. Destoroyah ends up flying away and getting blasted apart by the military. People hype him up for no reason, he was underutilized in a sub-par movie.
I hesitate to say he "got his ass kicked". He held a sizable advantage. He survived more Hyper Spiral rays than Mechagodzilla OR Spacegodzilla, overpowered Burning Godzilla physically, brought him down with a few Oxygen Destroyer blasts, and dragged and threw him around like a rag doll with his tail. Not to mention slicing Godzilla up into ribbons.

Grievous
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Grievous »

Maybe they could introduce a "Varan-like" kaiju based in Australia based on the Megalania?

That would make me smile.

:D

KillCrites
Interpol Agent

Post by KillCrites »

I think that Destoroyah would work for GvK BECAUSE he was underutilized in his debut film. Maybe someone could finally do the character justice.
why did i have to be the chosen one?

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

KillCrites wrote:
I think that Destoroyah would work for GvK BECAUSE he was underutilized in his debut film. Maybe someone could finally do the character justice.
Yeah, when you put it that way , it sounds better.
Gojira18 wrote: I hesitate to say he "got his ass kicked". He held a sizable advantage. He survived more Hyper Spiral rays than Mechagodzilla OR Spacegodzilla, overpowered Burning Godzilla physically, brought him down with a few Oxygen Destroyer blasts, and dragged and threw him around like a rag doll with his tail. Not to mention slicing Godzilla up into ribbons.
Those are fair points. Still, people hype him up more than ever.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Grievous
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Grievous »

But...isn't Destoroyah just a crab version of Hedorah with a forced connection to the Oxygen Destroyer?

I've honestly never really seen his appeal & there are many more kaiju I would rather see in the MonsterVerse...
but again...these are just my opinions.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Grievous wrote:
Personally...I think Destoroyah is WAY overrated...much like Ghidorah...
but a lot of fans like him...so I get the "appeal" of him returning.
I don't really see King Ghidorah as overrated, more overused than anything. If anything I hear more fans say Ghidorah's a punching bag than ZOMG HE IS THE DESTROYER OF WORLDS!!!111112 that movies said he is but never really showed (thankfully KOTM looks like it's gonna back it up by showing, and not just telling us).

Grievous
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Grievous »

Living Corpse wrote:I don't really see King Ghidorah as overrated, more overused than anything. If anything I hear more fans say Ghidorah's a punching bag than ZOMG HE IS THE DESTROYER OF WORLDS!!!111112 that movies said he is but never really showed (thankfully KOTM looks like it's gonna back it up by showing, and not just telling us).
I guess he's overused because he's overrated?

I agree that it will be great to see Ghidorah FINALLY live up
to his reputation & potential...BUT...he's never been one of
my personal favorites.

Maybe KotM will change that? I can only wait & see...

KingKong2005
EDF Instructor

Post by KingKong2005 »

Grievous wrote:
Living Corpse wrote:I don't really see King Ghidorah as overrated, more overused than anything. If anything I hear more fans say Ghidorah's a punching bag than ZOMG HE IS THE DESTROYER OF WORLDS!!!111112 that movies said he is but never really showed (thankfully KOTM looks like it's gonna back it up by showing, and not just telling us).
I guess he's overused because he's overrated?

I agree that it will be great to see Ghidorah FINALLY live up
to his reputation & potential...BUT...he's never been one of
my personal favorites.

Maybe KotM will change that? I can only wait & see...
Him and Destroyah are seen as overrated because there was no way for Toho to show them as unstoppable forces/end of the world the way they can be shown in the Monsterverse.
Image Image