Other films we could possibly see (read desc.)

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Cookson
Futurian

Re: Other films we could possibly see (read desc.)

Post by Cookson »

I reread the Godzilla/Kong announcement from October of 2015(holy crap time is flying by). It does say the INITIAL trio of films are KSI, G2 and GvsKong. So, I think they do plan on expanding the franchise if these films are financially successful.

Like I said before, I doubt they're going to venture forward without Godzilla or Kong. I think they can do a War of the Gargantua's film(starring Brad Pitt ;) ) but it has to include one of our two main kaiju. Rather than War of the Gargantua's, think of the title as KONG: WAR OF THE GARGANTUA'S.

These stories will most likely include Godzilla and Kong. It'll be how they tell the stories that'll separate them from each other.
"We knew the world would not be the same. Few people laughed, few people cried, most people were silent."~Robert Oppenheimer

GargantuaTarantula
Samurai

Post by GargantuaTarantula »

Cookson wrote:I reread the Godzilla/Kong announcement from October of 2015(holy crap time is flying by). It does say the INITIAL trio of films are KSI, G2 and GvsKong. So, I think they do plan on expanding the franchise if these films are financially successful.

Like I said before, I doubt they're going to venture forward without Godzilla or Kong. I think they can do a War of the Gargantua's film(starring Brad Pitt ;) ) but it has to include one of our two main kaiju. Rather than War of the Gargantua's, think of the title as KONG: WAR OF THE GARGANTUA'S.

These stories will most likely include Godzilla and Kong. It'll be how they tell the stories that'll separate them from each other.
I'd honestly be super disappointed if we got a War of the Gargantuas without Sanda or Gaira, unless you're saying add Kong or Godzilla to the films and not replacing those two.

HeiseiGodzilla117
Xilien Halfling

Post by HeiseiGodzilla117 »

I would love to have a new War of the Gargantuas movie. I'd also like to see stuff like Matango and Atragon. But I just don't see it happening unless the Legendary universe starts hitting on some serious successes in the next few movies (which very well could happen). Legendary needs to be comfortable with their big stars before trying to do some of the more obscure stuff.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Pkmatrix
Futurian

Post by Pkmatrix »

GargantuaTarantula wrote:
Cookson wrote:I reread the Godzilla/Kong announcement from October of 2015(holy crap time is flying by). It does say the INITIAL trio of films are KSI, G2 and GvsKong. So, I think they do plan on expanding the franchise if these films are financially successful.

I'd honestly be super disappointed if we got a War of the Gargantuas without Sanda or Gaira, unless you're saying add Kong or Godzilla to the films and not replacing those two.
Oh no, I think he means that instead of just doing "Sanda vs. Gaira" Legendary would probably instead do something like "Kong vs. Sanda vs. Gaira" and title it "Kong: War of the Gargantuas". And of all the monsters they haven't discussed which they could bring in, the Gargantuas make the most sense if you're going to draw from the Toho library for Kong opponents IMO.

Of course, the alternative is that they don't bring in any further Toho monsters besides Rodan, Mothra, and King Ghidorah meaning any other monsters we see would be new creations. And as much as I wanted to see Rodan in K:SI, I'm liking the monsters we're seeing instead (although I'm still hoping Rodan gets at least a cameo of some sort).