The "Rebirth" Era?

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Chrispy_G
Gotengo Officer

The "Rebirth" Era?

Post by Chrispy_G »

I am more than comfortable with the "Showa", "Heisei", and "Millennium" titles for the previous 3 Godzilla eras(Although I'd prefer "Anthology" to "Millennium")....

But does referring to this new era as the "Legendary Series" make a ton of sense? Yes Legendary absolutely kick-started this series.

But considering that we are getting the Legendary series, along with Shin Godzilla, and now a Godzilla anime film....the Godzilla franchise returning in 3 separate forms feels like maybe something a bit less specific than the "Legendary Era" is necessary?

I don't know if we have confirmation of the continuity/canon ties of the anime film, but I'm guessing it will exist in its own universe like G14 and ShinG. So...a franchise that was quite notorious for at least linking back to the original film gets what could likely be 3 100% 'reboots' in the span of a few years. One reboot is getting sequels, the other is doing well enough to expect a sequel, and the 3rd could easily do well enough tog get its own sequels....

So we could have THREE different continuities/series running within this "era".....meaning that naming it after a production company seem a little silly.

I formally propose the "Rebirth Era" as a title. Godzilla as a franchise was revived after a 10 year hiatus with a trio of reboots that seem like they are taking the property to heights of success and popularity it hasn't experienced in a long time, if ever.
"I'm saying a prayer, George. A prayer for the whole world."

BlacktimusPrime
Monarch Researcher

Re: The "Rebirth" Era?

Post by BlacktimusPrime »

I prefer "Renaissance Era" myself. Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't renaissance mean revival; if so, I feel it fits just a tad bit more than rebirth. Just my two cents, though.
Coobzilla03 wrote:
goji89 wrote:Godzilla in general sucks. Just awful. I mean a man in a suit knocking down papercraft buildings?

Turn me into a twix and give me a break.

Mutated animals that are huge that fight each other.
Here goji, have a Snickers. You're not you when you're hungry.

Ivo-goji
EDF Instructor

Post by Ivo-goji »

Don't we have like two different topics about this?
Resized Image
Kaiju-King42 wrote: Welcome to Toho Kingdom, where every conceivable opinion, no matter how outlandish or unpopular, is a possibility among the population.

Mr_Goji_and_Watch
EDF Instructor

Post by Mr_Goji_and_Watch »

The "post-humanism" era.

haha
Moogabunga wrote:Ive said it before and I'll gladly say it again, this is going to be the best Godzilla film ever and more importantly, its going to be the film that truly makes Godzilla mainstream (and cool)
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:I'm glad to be a fake fan.

Gojira18
EDF Instructor

Post by Gojira18 »

I'm actually fine with "Legendary Era