Kong: Skull Island Enemy Monster Speculation

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Re: Kong: Skull Island Enemy Monster Speculation

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Maybe Rodan will be the enemy monster Kong is fighting perhaps. It honestly makes sense considering most movies of King Kong and its setting involves an uncharted island deeming with prehistoric life. That way it can tie into Legendary's Godzilla along with Godzilla 2 coming out which could explain why Rodan will end up in that movie along with Mothra and King Ghidorah.

master_of_monsters
EDF Instructor

Post by master_of_monsters »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:Maybe Rodan will be the enemy monster Kong is fighting perhaps. It honestly makes sense considering most movies of King Kong and its setting involves an uncharted island deeming with prehistoric life. That way it can tie into Legendary's Godzilla along with Godzilla 2 coming out which could explain why Rodan will end up in that movie along with Mothra and King Ghidorah.
your source of self destruction

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

King Kong's ultimate enemy will be...Green Flare from the poster! With the side enemy being Red Flare from Godzilla 2014.

And also gust staring the 1984 Super-X flares and the 1958 Varan flares and 1955 flares.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

master_of_monsters wrote:Image
Honestly though. I actually won't be surprised if Rodan is the enemy monster King Kong faces or at least makes a small appearance similar to Wolverine in X-Men: Apocalypse doing something to build up for Godzilla 2.

ernesth100
E.S.P.Spy

Post by ernesth100 »

master_of_monsters wrote:
GodzillaFan1990's wrote:Maybe Rodan will be the enemy monster Kong is fighting perhaps. It honestly makes sense considering most movies of King Kong and its setting involves an uncharted island deeming with prehistoric life. That way it can tie into Legendary's Godzilla along with Godzilla 2 coming out which could explain why Rodan will end up in that movie along with Mothra and King Ghidorah.
That looks hella realistic. Props to the prop desiigners back them.
Follow The #MoreMonsterVerse Twitter Movement!

Link: https://twitter.com/ExpandtheMV?s=09

We Can Make A Difference! Fans Have A Voice!

KotM311
Monarch Researcher

Post by KotM311 »

Rodan would be great.
Alien would be nice too, but I think it´s to early in the series to introduce extraterrestrial.
Something like Biollante, but without G-Cells of course, a gigantic carnivorous plant.
Ebirah or another seamonster like Megalodon...
obligatory kind of T-Rex/Gorosaurus
Anguilas, Kamacuras
Giant Bug "Megalon" but with a better design

But my favourite is another giant ape like an Orang Utan or baboon, or something like Gorax from Ewoks

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

I say either Rodan or Varan suits the best. Especially Varan considering like I said. Similar to King Kong, he's viewed as a god by native people and it also fits very well considering Skull Island was based on an expedition to Komodo Island.

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

When would Walrus' live on tropical islands?
He was considered for DAM at one point, remember?
Imagine getting angry your out of date and obsolete stats for rubber suit monsters were 'stolen'.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

LamangoKaijura wrote:He was considered for DAM at one point, remember?
True...But then again that was back in the 60's where logic didn't make sense like how Godzilla could defy gravity and slide his tail. :P

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:
LamangoKaijura wrote:He was considered for DAM at one point, remember?
True...But then again that was back in the 60's where logic didn't make sense like how Godzilla could defy gravity and slide his tail. :P
And it makes less sense now that Godzilla's a giant amphibian made up of dead life, shits lazer beams and has tiny hands that will never play the piano again.
Imagine getting angry your out of date and obsolete stats for rubber suit monsters were 'stolen'.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

LamangoKaijura wrote:And it makes less sense now that Godzilla's a giant amphibian made up of dead life, shits lazer beams and has tiny hands that will never play the piano again.
Touche.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:I say either Rodan or Varan suits the best. Especially Varan considering like I said. Similar to King Kong, he's viewed as a god by native people and it also fits very well considering Skull Island was based on an expedition to Komodo Island.
The wind blowing whenever Varan is in the area would help him feel more mystical and give a sense of why the islanders would see him as a wind god and not just another big dinosaur King Kong kills for a living.

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

The wind blowing whenever Varan is in the area would help him feel more mystical
It was explained in a book that Varan created natural helium or something....So Varan's just farting dude.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Living Corpse wrote:The wind blowing whenever Varan is in the area would help him feel more mystical and give a sense of why the islanders would see him as a wind god and not just another big dinosaur King Kong kills for a living.
I would love that idea actually. :D

The more I think about it. The more I feel Varan is the best choice for Kong's enemy monster in the movie. Sadly though as it was said before. The chances of it happening is slim to none.

Coobzilla03
EDF Instructor

Post by Coobzilla03 »

How about Gorosaurus and Rodan and Manda? Just like the T-rex, Pterodactyl and giant Snake from the 1933 movie.
Resized Image

Ivo-goji
EDF Instructor

Post by Ivo-goji »

Still deeply skeptical about there being any Toho kaiju in Skull Island.

But, if I had to pick one I'd really want to see, I'd go with Mothra. Skull Island could give her character some early development before Godzilla 2 and save that film the trouble of introducing all of the complex elements of her background. It would be easy to weave the mythos of Mothra with that of Kong, having her be the deity of a rival religion to that of Kong's worshippers. Plus I've always wanted to see Kong and Mothra in a movie together, they're like cultural counterparts.

Also from the trailer it seems like Kong himself is the actual antagonist to the human cast- I could see Mothra playing the hero in this movie.
Resized Image
Kaiju-King42 wrote: Welcome to Toho Kingdom, where every conceivable opinion, no matter how outlandish or unpopular, is a possibility among the population.

Anguirus
Gotengo Officer

Post by Anguirus »

Coobzilla03 wrote:How about Gorosaurus and Rodan and Manda? Just like the T-rex, Pterodactyl and giant Snake from the 1933 movie.
That's a great idea!! That would be awesome!!

Coobzilla03
EDF Instructor

Post by Coobzilla03 »

Thanks!
Resized Image

Godzilla2000Zero
Gotengo Officer

Post by Godzilla2000Zero »

So thoughts on the Skullcrawlers
I never worked this hard all my life since the time I lost my virginity.-Gareth Edwards SDCC 2012

Ryguy
EDF Instructor

Post by Ryguy »

Meh. Too generic. They look too much like Otachi, but far more bland

Would've rather had a solitary skull crawler than an entire colony of them
"And now you will walk to him, and you will battle him to the death. Green and Brown. Fight night. The greatest gladiator match in the history of the world: reptile versus primate; day versus night; King of Monsters versus Kong of Skull Island!"