Watched Godzilla '14 upscaled to 4K

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
mschenk
Samurai

Watched Godzilla '14 upscaled to 4K

Post by mschenk »

We just got a 4K TV and blu ray player with upscaling, and last night I watched Godzilla '14 upscaled to 4K. It looks GORGEOUS. It's a huge upgrade from watching it in regular HD. I thought the blu ray had a nice sharp transfer but wasn't anything amazing like Avatar. Upscaled to 4K the people were popping out of the screen. It's like you're there. The monster scenes at the end in particular look really great. I already liked the movie, but watching it in upscaled 4K actually took my enjoyment up a notch because I thought it added more spectacle.

Mr. Xeno
Futurian

Re: Watched Godzilla '14 upscaled to 4K

Post by Mr. Xeno »

I remember years ago when my brother once said that his blu-ray player automatically upscaled all his DVDs to HD, saying that made them look just as good as blu-rays. Ah, the ignorance.

Although, if the 4K medium does well, I'm betting we'll see a G'14 4K disc within a year.
Castellan Zilla wrote:What? No dots on SHMA Mothra?! In the trash she goes.