Who do yo want to see

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Ryguy
EDF Instructor

Re: Who do yo want to see

Post by Ryguy »

-Pull an Agents of Shield and bring back Bryan Cranston.
No
Make the movies a half hour shorter,
No
or pack it with things people will care about.
Yes
-Perhaps a lack of continuity?
What fan in their right mind would desire this?
or just use the monsters from the 1998 cartoon if they have the rights to them. Then they don't have to rely on the Japanese monsters as much while broadening the universe.
Why would this be a solid and/or logical idea? Monsters from an obscure Godzilla 1998 spin-off television show that's at least a decade and a half old by now? Plus, Legendary doesn't even rightfully own those creations, nor would they even consider purchasing them, so it's a lost cause anyway.

If Legendary is sought to purchase more TOHO creations for this franchise alongside Mothra, Rodan, and Ghidorah, Anguirus is truly the only character remaining that would make any sense.

Just let them illustrate more original kaiju.
"And now you will walk to him, and you will battle him to the death. Green and Brown. Fight night. The greatest gladiator match in the history of the world: reptile versus primate; day versus night; King of Monsters versus Kong of Skull Island!"

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Lain Of The Wired »

^ no thank you :lol:
Never forget tadpole :godzilla:

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

-King Ghidorah's origin explained as in with flashback's shown of him how he was born and wiping out entire civilizations across the stars
-More screentime for monsters especially Godzilla
-No cutaways on fights
-Longer fights
-More backstory on Godzilla

morgoth
G-Force Personnel

Post by morgoth »

1. Better character development
2. More Godzilla/monster fights
3. Zero cutaways/teasing.
4. If there is a big name actor/actress in this movie, don't kill them 40 minutes in, if you have to kill them do it at the end of the film.
5. Some comic relief would be cool, but not over the top.
6. A lot more backstory on Monarch
7. Dear lord give us a better script.
"The wait was not a long one."

"The Devil has three heads."

KManX89
Gotengo Officer

Post by KManX89 »

Bigdog wrote: -Make the movies a half hour shorter, or pack it with things people will care about.
You really think an hour and a half is enough screentime to fully flesh out the appearance of at least 2, if not 3 other monsters besides Godzilla? Which, though it's not by any means a given, it's looking more and more like it will have all 3. I just don't see how you can go from Godzilla fighting Mothra and Rodan to fighting Kong and THEN Ghidorah appearing and have it work without at least one of the two monsters dying in G2. I can't figure it out my-damn-self, and I write/head-canonize on a daily basis (see my sig), not to mention it would literally be copying BvS if they did that, so IDK.
My Game Ideas Page | My Blu-Ray Collection

~"Now I Am Become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds"

Bigdog
JXSDF Technician

Post by Bigdog »

KManX89 wrote:
Bigdog wrote: -Make the movies a half hour shorter, or pack it with things people will care about.
You really think an hour and a half is enough screentime to fully flesh out the appearance of at least 2, if not 3 other monsters besides Godzilla? Which, though it's not by any means a given, it's looking more and more like it will have all 3. I just don't see how you can go from Godzilla fighting Mothra and Rodan to fighting Kong and THEN Ghidorah appearing and have it work without at least one of the two monsters dying in G2. I can't figure it out my-damn-self, and I write/head-canonize on a daily basis (see my sig), not to mention it would literally be copying BvS if they did that, so IDK.
You're assuming that they need to explain everything. This is the problem with Hollywood. The writers are so pathetic because they explain every detail about a character and take away all the mystery that takes away the threat and excitement of the monsters or slashers. That's the biggest reason why the Halloween reboot was mediocre. IT explained things no one needed to know, and it takes a ton of moral relativism to try justifying the actions of a fictional mass murderer by feeding into tired stereotypes and cliches of what people think they are instead of subverting them. Same thing for GODZILLA 2014. They didn't need to explain anything about the monsters in order to make it enjoyable. The same goes for any "monster" movie.It's poor story-telling if you have to explain it, instead of showing it. Godzilla movies didn't need more than that amount of time, and the one that did? That added too many monsters and tried too many plot lines to be a coherent movie. Tokyo SOS wasn't the best Godzilla film, however, it handled Mothra and Kiryu pretty well. Also, you're assuming that they should keep on constantly retelling origin stories when none of these classic characters need them. Sure many people may not know them, but in this era where they reboot and tell Every. Single. Character. over and over again? Why not open the movie with the monsters fighting, explain exactly nothing about what they are, and let the movie naturally explain them minimally? Allow the actions of the creatures explain themselves? If I at four years old didn't need explanation of why Mothra or Godzilla came into existence in Mothra vs. Godzilla, why would the general audience, who are much older than 4, need it?

The public knows what the core monsters are. Just tell the stories that they want to tell and let people actually enjoy the bloody movie. If the movie sucks, people won't see it. But honestly, I don't like origin stories and not many people care for them any longer unless it's an original character like Hellboy. And hell, they didn't spend an entire movie covering Hellboy's puberty and other minor journeys. No. Del Toro made it a point to get to the action and tell by showing the film. Besides, if people don't know what a monster is, there's this thing called Google. I found out the entire character of the Winter Soldier by just searching for it. Or just making people interested in the actual mystery of what the creature is.

Like how it was in the past when the movies started out.

Added in 10 minutes 26 seconds:
No
His part was the only good part of the human aspect. Ken Watanabe was a poor replacement in my opinion, because he just was cringeworthy. At least try to get rid of the godawful accent that made his lines' delivery subpar.

Not like they shown him actually dead.

No
Worked for most Godzilla movies.
Yes
What fan in their right mind would desire this?
The Heisei series was burdened by it. And I'm getting tired of having to be strung into several other movies just to make a single movie make sense. That's poor writing and filmmaking if they cannot make movies stand by themselves as well as pushing it along.
Why would this be a solid and/or logical idea? Monsters from an obscure Godzilla 1998 spin-off television show that's at least a decade and a half old by now? Plus, Legendary doesn't even rightfully own those creations, nor would they even consider purchasing them, so it's a lost cause anyway.Just let them illustrate more original kaiju.
Godzilla as a serious character is mostly obscure, but now we got it.
Why not? They're already designed and have the aesthetic fit for the movies. At the very least, they got the designer from the show to work on Rim 2. I would take that as a fair compromise if he designed more of the monsters for Godzilla because I really like how the monsters from the show were done.

g2vd
Xilien Halfling

Post by g2vd »

Bigdog wrote:Not like they shown him actually dead.
They show him being zipped into a body-bag.
Bigdog wrote:The Heisei series was burdened by it.
Burdened by it? The Heisei Series rarely acknowledged it post 89 outside of a few things like having Miki sit in a corner doing nothing, the Mechas and Space-Godzilla.
Godzilla