Character Predictions

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Gojira18
EDF Instructor

Character Predictions

Post by Gojira18 »

All right, since besides Joe Brody and arguably Dr Serizawa, the lack of depth in the human characters were probably the biggest con in the 2014 film. Now, with Rogue One about to get under his belt, I'm sure Edwards will learn from that mistake and give us more interesting characters that we can actually be invested in. Now, that's where you all come along. Besides Dr. Serizawa, what new characters would you like to see? Here's a little template:
Name:
Played by:
Background:

LegendZilla
Sazer

Re: Character Predictions

Post by LegendZilla »

Can we speculate what could be in store for existing characters? For example if they they will be killed off?

Gojira18
EDF Instructor

Post by Gojira18 »

Sure. Do both though, please :)

TheSecondComing
Futurian

Post by TheSecondComing »

I'd like more of Admiral Stenz. Maybe some of the drama of the story could come from the fallout (both literally, and military legal procedure) from the botched mission in San Francisco. It detonated too close to the city for all the radioactivity to simply get lost in nature, and since he ordered the strike, he'd have responsibility for whatever the resulting action wound up being.

It'd be easy, then, to have some returning characters and plenty of new ones.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Im almost positive Serizawa will return. I'd love a much bigger focus on the inner workings of Monarch. For all the early focus on them in the marketing stages of the first film I was both shocked and disappointed they were barely focused on in the film. Hey maybe the main protagonists being the offspring of Hiddleston or Larson's character from Skull Island would be a neat way of linking Kong and Godzilla before their big showdown.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

KManX89
Gotengo Officer

Post by KManX89 »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:Im almost positive Serizawa will return. I'd love a much bigger focus on the inner workings of Monarch. For all the early focus on them in the marketing stages of the first film I was both shocked and disappointed they were barely focused on in the film. Hey maybe the main protagonists being the offspring of Hiddleston or Larson's character from Skull Island would be a neat way of linking Kong and Godzilla before their big showdown.
OMG, I never thought of that. That's a splendid idea, one I could actually see happening. As for who could potentially wind up playing them, I really like Rebecca Ferguson to play the sister. She was great in MI:RN and her stock is on the rise, so she would be a wise casting choice.

We could also use at least one big name actor to draw in audiences. Cranston was G14's saving grace, and they blew it. I get the feeling they'll need another big-time draw to get audiences to come back for a second one after the misleading advertising for the first film, Hiddleston could be that guy for Skull Island, G2 could certainly use at least one, especially with the size and scope they're aiming for.

Oh wait, I just had an epiphany just now typing this: they'll cast Ben Affleck as the lead actor. G14 was Godzilla vs. Walter White, G2 will be hyped as Godzilla vs. Batman. #MarkItDown
My Game Ideas Page | My Blu-Ray Collection

~"Now I Am Become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds"