Ford Brody: What To Do With Him

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Lolitra
Monsterland Worker

Re: Ford Brody: What To Do With Him

Post by Lolitra »

Make him a 400 lb SJW who internalized white guilt after G'14 not being diverse enough and swallowed his pain with "cake every night," once a euphemism for getting mad pussy, now a literal American-style binge.

Or cut him out entirely. I can't see a third option.
Waterproof

CyberZilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by CyberZilla »

Biggest thing for Ford: MAKE HIM INTERESTING. Give him a personality, DANGIT! Perhaps he'll have some PTSD stuff from his service as a soldier, or he'll have panic attacks from giant monster paranoia, which would make him want to pursue help. This would lead him to facing the fears and eventually overcoming it. This is just me on the top of my head, though, so it's not all fleshed out, but still.

Hopefully, though, he'll be replaced with a more fleshed-out/interesting character.
“You gave me strength. So did the others. No life is worthless. I believe you now."
Resized Image Resized Image :shingodzillapurple:Resized ImageResized Image:KingGhidorah64: Resized Image :godzilla2021blue: :kingkong1962:

Is your war… finally over?
Resized Image

Gojira18
EDF Instructor

Post by Gojira18 »

CyberZilla wrote:Biggest thing for Ford: MAKE HIM INTERESTING. Give him a personality, DANGIT! Perhaps he'll have some PTSD stuff from his service as a soldier, or he'll have panic attacks from giant monster paranoia, which would make him want to pursue help. This would lead him to facing the fears and eventually overcoming it. This is just me on the top of my head, though, so it's not all fleshed out, but still.

Hopefully, though, he'll be replaced with a more fleshed-out/interesting character.

Hopefully.

Man of Steel
Gotengo Officer

Post by Man of Steel »

Huh; I must be one of the only ones who actually kinda liked Ford... :lol:
"Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. But I rather believe
that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every
moment - because they'll never come again."
- Captain Jean-Luc Picard (Star Trek: Generations)

:godzilla: :gigan: :mechagodzilla: :spacegodzilla:
GO AND FOLLOW MY TUMBLR
http://trexgoesroar.tumblr.com

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Man of Steel wrote:Huh; I must be one of the only ones who actually kinda liked Ford... :lol:
You should be ashamed of yourself. Even his mom probably said he sucked........ :blackeye: .

Whoa, whoa, where the hell is the rimshit smiley......NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! My stupid jokes won't be the same. I mean they still won't be funny but still.

BlacktimusPrime
Monarch Researcher

Post by BlacktimusPrime »

Man of Steel wrote:Huh; I must be one of the only ones who actually kinda liked Ford... :lol:
There are others; we're not alone, pal (or random internet stranger, whatever). Ford was basically just a decent dude trying to save his family. How is he unlikeable? Uninteresting, I can understand, but unlikeable? And ATJ played a believable military man, kept a cool head (though that could also feed the uninteresting complaint, though).
Coobzilla03 wrote:
goji89 wrote:Godzilla in general sucks. Just awful. I mean a man in a suit knocking down papercraft buildings?

Turn me into a twix and give me a break.

Mutated animals that are huge that fight each other.
Here goji, have a Snickers. You're not you when you're hungry.

KaijuFiend
Rainbowzilla

Post by KaijuFiend »

I liked Ford.

Still, his arc feels complete. The only thing they can really do with him, is have him join MONARCH; then maybe him having a central role in G2 would make sense. I really don't know what else they could do with him, outside of perhaps giving us small scenes with him? That feels a bit pointless, though. I feel like Serizawa and Graham are better characters to keep around if Legendary wants to give these films a sense of continuity, and I'd like to see what they can give us in terms of a new protagonist - something like a scientist or even a firefighter could make for a different and interesting point of view.

BlacktimusPrime
Monarch Researcher

Post by BlacktimusPrime »

KaijuFiend wrote:
I liked Ford.

Still, his arc feels complete. The only thing they can really do with him, is have him join MONARCH; then maybe him having a central role in G2 would make sense. I really don't know what else they could do with him, outside of perhaps giving us small scenes with him? That feels a bit pointless, though. I feel like Serizawa and Graham are better characters to keep around if Legendary wants to give these films a sense of continuity, and I'd like to see what they can give us in terms of a new protagonist - something like a scientist or even a firefighter could make for a different and interesting point of view.
I like that idea of a firefighter. That would be new and have a potentially useful skill to use in the plot.
Coobzilla03 wrote:
goji89 wrote:Godzilla in general sucks. Just awful. I mean a man in a suit knocking down papercraft buildings?

Turn me into a twix and give me a break.

Mutated animals that are huge that fight each other.
Here goji, have a Snickers. You're not you when you're hungry.