Kaiju Cinematic Universe

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Pkmatrix
Futurian

Re: Kaiju Cinematic Universe

Post by Pkmatrix »

DaddlerTheDalek wrote:Kaiju Cinematic Universe... Still so unbelievable!
I remember people discussing this idea back in 2013 before Godzilla came out and some people just outright saying, "Impossible!" If they hadn't decided to toss in King Kong, maybe they'd have been right. But, it looks like history is smiling on the hopeful and optimistic this time around. :D

Mechagigan
Futurian

Post by Mechagigan »

It's exciting to see this already falling into effect with the upcoming Kong and KKvG films. My personal dream is for an eventual crossover between Japan and America's takes on Godzilla - even in a passing comment, as in acknowledgement, that'd be pretty awesome. Plus, it'd be free advertising for both ends of the spectrum.

I wonder if Ghidorah, Mothra and Rodan (those were the three confirmed monsters, correct?) will get their own solo movies?

ernesth100
E.S.P.Spy

Post by ernesth100 »

For Ghidorah maybe, Rodan however probably not. If we're building a Cinematic Universe here's Kaiju Legendary should take a stab at recreating.

Mechagodzilla(First as a villain, then more of an Anti-Hero(controlled like a Jaeger))
Jet Jaguar(As a hero, should get his own solo as well)
Mothra(As a hero, should get her own solo with Battra as villain)
Hedorah and Biollante(I like the Earth theme these two have obviously villains)
Anguirus(As a villain first, but then as an ally)

Then we'll have the dream Avengers style team up on a kaiju sized scale Godzilla, King Kong, Mothra, Jet Jaguar and either MechaG or Anguirus(or both) against someone like Megaguirus or a revived Shinomura, maybe a bunch of MUTO clones and army like villain that requires them to team up. It could be a giant reboot of All Out Monsters Attack! Of course speaking honestly I will be well into my 70s to 80s and maybe dead before they consider that but Imma keep dreaming!

A Toho they should be making all new and original monsters. From the drawing board with the 2016 series, if it turns into a series.
Follow The #MoreMonsterVerse Twitter Movement!

Link: https://twitter.com/ExpandtheMV?s=09

We Can Make A Difference! Fans Have A Voice!

Ryguy
EDF Instructor

Post by Ryguy »

Dig the enthusiasm, but there is no way in hell we will ever see this go down
"And now you will walk to him, and you will battle him to the death. Green and Brown. Fight night. The greatest gladiator match in the history of the world: reptile versus primate; day versus night; King of Monsters versus Kong of Skull Island!"

Gojira18
EDF Instructor

Post by Gojira18 »

Ryguy wrote:Dig the enthusiasm, but there is no way in hell we will ever see this go down
Never say never!

Pkmatrix
Futurian

Post by Pkmatrix »

Gojira18 wrote:
Ryguy wrote:Dig the enthusiasm, but there is no way in hell we will ever see this go down
Never say never!
That's pretty much the lesson of the last couple of years, honestly. ^_^()

G2000
Xilien Halfling

Post by G2000 »

Pkmatrix wrote:
Gojira18 wrote:
Never say never!
That's pretty much the lesson of the last couple of years, honestly. ^_^()
This is true, both in the kaiju fandom and in real life
gerdzerl wrote:DONT STOP G2000 YOU SEXY BEAST

ernesth100
E.S.P.Spy

Post by ernesth100 »

I find truth in that as well. Which is why I always remain hopeful regardless of the situation. :D

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Monsters I'm hoping that gets added is Anguirus, Baragon, Titanosaurus, Ebirah, Battra, Varan, Kamacuras, Kumonga and Gorosaurus. Considering this is suppose to be basically a realistic Godzilla verse, it's best to use what are pretty much use the kaijus who are pretty much the closest thing to natural animals.

The way they can do Mothra in realistic terms is that she's actually a gigantic species of prehistoric butterfly from the insect/amphibian age (Carboniferous) and the last of her kind that is worshipped as a god by her native people. Same can go for Battra too if he gets in that he's another prehistoric species of giant butterfly and the last of his kind too.

They could work around Megaguirus and Zilla (In Rulers of Earth, rather than being a mutated marine iguana, it heavily hints Zilla is actually an ancient species of prehistoric reptile) too, but I don't think they'll have any chance of getting in, could be wrong though.

Ivo-goji
EDF Instructor

Post by Ivo-goji »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:Monsters I'm hoping that gets added is Anguirus, Baragon, Titanosaurus, Ebirah, Battra, Varan, Kamacuras, Kumonga and Gorosaurus. Considering this is suppose to be basically a realistic Godzilla verse, it's best to use what are pretty much use the kaijus who are pretty much the closest thing to natural animals.
I agree with this very much, which is part of the reason I'd prefer to see the more fantastic/alien looking kaiju (viz Gigan, Biollante, Orga) brought back in the Resurgence verse instead of the Legendary verse.

However, I do think Mothra should definitely remain a supernatural being, rather than just being another animal. The mythical aspect is far too important to her character to do away with; it just wouldn't be Mothra otherwise.
Resized Image
Kaiju-King42 wrote: Welcome to Toho Kingdom, where every conceivable opinion, no matter how outlandish or unpopular, is a possibility among the population.

ernesth100
E.S.P.Spy

Post by ernesth100 »

I like the idea. But I agree that Mothra should remain a more mystical/magical type of creature.

ernesth100
E.S.P.Spy

Post by ernesth100 »

Okay so updated plan

-2017: Kong-Skull Island
-2018: Pacific Rim 2
-2019: Godzilla 2
-2020: Godzilla vs King Kong
-2021: Kong Sequel
-2022: Godzilla 3
-2025: Pacific Rim/Godzilla Crossover(I know two different universes, but thats why mutliverse theroy exists)

I would also like a Mothra Solo somewhere in between there as well. But yeah that's me.

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Lain Of The Wired »

I think anyone suggesting a non mythical Mothra doesnt understand the character well enough :roll:
Last edited by Lain Of The Wired on Fri Jun 03, 2016 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Never forget tadpole :godzilla:

SomeknowmeasXeno
Terminated
Terminated

Post by SomeknowmeasXeno »

Yeah, Mothra's entire thing is that she's not just another kaiju: she's revered and shrouded in myth and each Mothra is born as a guardian of Earth. Making Mothra just another natural kaiju would be stupid to say the least. I'd like to see Leo though, I always found Leo to be the more interesting of the two.
"Tonight, when the blood moon finishes rising, I will summon my brother Yuul'syqpoth into this sphere of existence, and that's absolutely fantastic."

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Legendary might as well buy the rights to Ultraman and incorporate him into this cinematic universe so everything can come full circle.

SomeknowmeasXeno
Terminated
Terminated

Ohh yeah... a modern Arstron and Ultraman duking out on the big screen.
"Tonight, when the blood moon finishes rising, I will summon my brother Yuul'syqpoth into this sphere of existence, and that's absolutely fantastic."

ernesth100
E.S.P.Spy

Post by ernesth100 »

LegendZilla wrote:Legendary might as well buy the rights to Ultraman and incorporate him into this cinematic universe so everything can come full circle.
Oh yes, a man could dream. :D

But we've seen what reaction CGI Ultraman gets from that CGI trailer a while back. Then again American CGI is commonly leagues ahead of Japanese CGI

SomeknowmeasXeno
Terminated
Terminated

Too be fair Japan should just stick to practical effects and only have CGI spruce up a few things here and there, like what they're doing with Resurgence. Japan has always focused on practical effects, it's no surprise they're not as good at CGI as America. Really both sides should take a page out of each other's books.

Gojira18
EDF Instructor

Post by Gojira18 »

For Mothra, I agree that she can't just be another giant animal like Godzilla. Or at least not without some myth to her. Maybe if we see worshipers, they could have their own "religion", with Mothra as the God of the Sky, Kong as the God of the Land, and Godzilla as the God of the Sea.

ernesth100
E.S.P.Spy

Post by ernesth100 »

SomeknowmeasXeno wrote:Too be fair Japan should just stick to practical effects and only have CGI spruce up a few things here and there, like what they're doing with Resurgence. Japan has always focused on practical effects, it's no surprise they're not as good at CGI as America. Really both sides should take a page out of each other's books.
Yeah, imagine a practical effect G2014....actually nvm I don't think such a complicated eesign could be done practically.