What do you think should be the origins for the new kaiju?

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Re: What do you think should be the origins for the new kaij

Post by Vakanai »

ernesth100 wrote:Dont you think Ghidorah destroying a planet is a bit extreme? Even if it is pluto, thatd put his power level far above Godzillas. And Godzilla had trouble taking on the MUTOs.
This is what happens when I type too fast and don't bother thinking about clarity and crap. Imagine me flailing my arms a little bit and going "like" a bunch with the implication being I'm half-assing my vocabulary and exaggerating/hyping a lot but it's understood I don't literally mean he destroys a dwarf planet but you get the "general idea" of him causing some noticeable "oh shit he's bad" damage out there, but I'm too hyper/tired/rushed to bother listing something more plausible so you get the overblown broad brush strokes version.
So yeah, I didn't mean he actually blows up Pluto, but he shows he's super powerful somehow and there's no need to bring up he's what made the dinosaurs extinct or Godzilla's species extinct or that he's destroyed alien civilizations and all that other hyperbole.
I'd have to explain myself less if I actually bothered writing with the whole "They can't see my flailing or hear my tone of voice to get this is just a general idea" in mind, but I am what I am.
I unapologetically, wholeheartedly, and without a doubt hate Godzilla vs Kong.

g2vd
Xilien Halfling

Post by g2vd »

Vakanai wrote:
ernesth100 wrote:Dont you think Ghidorah destroying a planet is a bit extreme? Even if it is pluto, thatd put his power level far above Godzillas. And Godzilla had trouble taking on the MUTOs.
This is what happens when I type too fast and don't bother thinking about clarity and crap. Imagine me flailing my arms a little bit and going "like" a bunch.
So basically Heisei Godzilla :lol: .
Godzilla

Ryguy
EDF Instructor

Post by Ryguy »

I think Ghidorah should be of alien origin, but it would need to be done in a more credible way. No alien humanoids, no UFOs, and no killing for fun. I am more concerned about the appearance, though. He needs to be frightening, and in the Godzilla 2016 kind of way, not the Godzilla 2001 kind of way.

I honestly don't care about Mothra or Rodan. As long as they are still retain the general traits of their original characters, Legendary can whatever the hell they want with them.
And Godzilla had trouble taking on the MUTOs.
Only when they teamed-up against him. They stood no chance by themselves. The female had nothing going for her save for speed/agility, while the male could obviously go airborne.
"And now you will walk to him, and you will battle him to the death. Green and Brown. Fight night. The greatest gladiator match in the history of the world: reptile versus primate; day versus night; King of Monsters versus Kong of Skull Island!"

ernesth100
E.S.P.Spy

Post by ernesth100 »

Yeah, true. Anyone would have trouble taking on multiple opponents at once...except for FW Godzilla. :lol:

All jokes aside. Agreed about Ghidorah needing to be imposing. When I thing Ghidorah in Legendary. I think of a 3 headed Smaug. With Golden scales that can blind those who stare. Also Godzilla is what 300 ft? I assume Ghidorah should be atleats 20 to 50 feet taller than him. I want Godzilla to have to look up to Ghidorah.
Follow The #MoreMonsterVerse Twitter Movement!

Link: https://twitter.com/ExpandtheMV?s=09

We Can Make A Difference! Fans Have A Voice!

Ryguy
EDF Instructor

Post by Ryguy »

When I thing Ghidorah in Legendary. I think of a 3 headed Smaug.
Well according to a few of the reactions from the first teaser for Godzilla 2, the silhouette of Ghidorah's heads apparently displayed something akin to Smaug. The next step would be to incorporate a rugged tooth arrangement like in the G16 design and give him non-sympathetic eyes; that would be my perfect head sculpt for Ghidorah 2018.
With Golden scales that can blind those who stare
Eh, I don't think they should follow this route. I want him to possess darker, more realistic colors than those bright gold snake-like scales. Think more like Keizer Ghidorah's color-scheme.
"And now you will walk to him, and you will battle him to the death. Green and Brown. Fight night. The greatest gladiator match in the history of the world: reptile versus primate; day versus night; King of Monsters versus Kong of Skull Island!"

Mr. X
Keizer

Post by Mr. X »

Agreed that Ghidorah needs to be truly terrifying and imposing. Don't think I'd mind if they tweaked him a bit to make him look more "alien" than usual.
ernesth100 wrote:Yeah, true. Anyone would have trouble taking on multiple opponents at once...except for FW Godzilla. :lol:

All jokes aside. Agreed about Ghidorah needing to be imposing. When I thing Ghidorah in Legendary. I think of a 3 headed Smaug. With Golden scales that can blind those who stare. Also Godzilla is what 300 ft? I assume Ghidorah should be atleats 20 to 50 feet taller than him. I want Godzilla to have to look up to Ghidorah.
Make him bigger than that. The Showa and Heisei Ghidorahs were much larger than Goji.

G2000 wrote:
2004Zilla wrote:May God have mercy on this site.
He's given up
2009MECHAGODZILLA wrote:
G2000 wrote:What about leeks? Can we post leeks?

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... 3/Leek.jpg
http://orig02.deviantart.net/f900/f/201 ... 9nqjrv.png

Tyrant28
JXSDF Technician

Post by Tyrant28 »

Ryguy wrote:
When I thing Ghidorah in Legendary. I think of a 3 headed Smaug.
Well according to a few of the reactions from the first teaser for Godzilla 2, the silhouette of Ghidorah's heads apparently displayed something akin to Smaug. The next step would be to incorporate a rugged tooth arrangement like in the G16 design and give him non-sympathetic eyes; that would be my perfect head sculpt for Ghidorah 2018.
Ghidorah with eyes of a viper such as a rattlesnake would work to counter Godzilla's majestic eagle eyes.
MrRockett wrote: They are a sticky bunch for sure. In 2014 all the guys were gathered around the Gravity booth to get a glimpse and maybe an autograph from Sandra Bullock. Some ass jockey decided to not crop dust the crowd, dude let off some straight napalm and cleared a 20 ft radius and didn’t flinch, he just moved up closer. I prayed Sandra wouldn’t catch a whiff, talk about Endgame....just gross.

Ryguy
EDF Instructor

Post by Ryguy »

It would, but I was thinking more like the eyes of the Mutos: lacking pupils/majesty altogether, except not compound. Like GMK Ghidorah, Monster X, or Destoroyah

ernesth100
E.S.P.Spy

Post by ernesth100 »

Just fully red eyes that glow with evil. Thats my opinion of whatd be good
Follow The #MoreMonsterVerse Twitter Movement!

Link: https://twitter.com/ExpandtheMV?s=09

We Can Make A Difference! Fans Have A Voice!