Other iconic kaiju Universe

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
miguelnuva
Justiriser

Re: Other iconic kaiju Universe

Post by miguelnuva »

Living Corpse wrote:I've heard a theory they could be trying to make a shared cinematic universe with Godzilla, Kong and Pacific Rim. PR is easy since all you need is a portal to different realities, and that was pretty much where the PR monsters came from and got to PR Earth.

While I doubt it will happen or ever be a shared universe, I would love to see Gamera vs Godzilla. I wouldn't even mind if Gamera won. And Gaemra's name should be first in the title so it clues people in this is it's own monster, like Kong, not just another enemy from the Godzilla verse. Still Toho seems to be more open and taking more risks than it has in years, so who knows.
Pacific Rim while it has a lot of potential could be rebooted to take place in the Godzilla universe. It might confuse some people but half of those confused would just get past it as long as the monster fights and story were good.

As for Gamera. I really feel if were ever getting him fighting Godzilla it has to be legendary.

1. If Gamera 2017 and Phase one both do well and Legendary makes Toho a lot of money I can see Legendary bringing Gamera in. Godzilla and Kong can hold a universe on their own but if Gamera is brought in that is another monster that can hold his own film. I think once Toho starts collecting more and more money and the fact that is's an American Godzilla the crossover with Gamera could happen.

2. Godzilla needs top building. Godzilla gave Kong top billing in their fight and while Gamera vs Godzilla does roll of my tongue better it is right for Godzilla vs Gamera to be it's own film. Gamera becomes mainstream and joins this universe then people will understand after the fact he's not a Godzilla monster and maybe they want, the fans will know the truth.

As long as these films are profitable and make money I don't care if people Gamera is a Godzilla spin off.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Giga Kaiju
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Giga Kaiju »

I don't think that a reboot is going to happen, that is something to farfetched to even discuss if GDT is not considering it with PacRim2 on his mind aside from other projects. (Unless he changes something in that one...)
UNSTOPPABLE FURY. UNTHINKABLE POWER. UNBREAKABLE WILL.
tymon wrote:Man, it really makes me laugh when I remember that all this drama is centered around a fictional, giant atomic monster. Damn you, Godzilla!
Gawdziller wrote:Doesn't matter what's moot or not. We'll just move onto the next thing to bitch about, then tangent onto something unrelated and bitch about that, and get trollbaited back on topic so we can bitch some more. It's the circle of life.

Cookson
Futurian

Post by Cookson »

Giga Kaiju wrote:I don't think that a reboot is going to happen, that is something to farfetched to even discuss if GDT is not considering it with PacRim2 on his mind aside from other projects. (Unless he changes something in that one...)
I agree. I think adding forcing Pacific Rim into this would just leave people scratching their heads. Honestly, like I said before, why reuse these giant robots or kaiju that were all destroyed or killed? LP and WB will just create BRAND NEW kaiju etc. for the Godzilla/Kong universe.
"We knew the world would not be the same. Few people laughed, few people cried, most people were silent."~Robert Oppenheimer

Giga Kaiju
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Giga Kaiju »

Besides, there's too MANY FAR-OUT things to cross over with Godzilla and Kong. I mean, robots, parallel worlds, mind-melding situations, etc.

In crossovers, I know that kind of things get thrown away, but still.
UNSTOPPABLE FURY. UNTHINKABLE POWER. UNBREAKABLE WILL.
tymon wrote:Man, it really makes me laugh when I remember that all this drama is centered around a fictional, giant atomic monster. Damn you, Godzilla!
Gawdziller wrote:Doesn't matter what's moot or not. We'll just move onto the next thing to bitch about, then tangent onto something unrelated and bitch about that, and get trollbaited back on topic so we can bitch some more. It's the circle of life.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Well I'll be starting something new, I'll be reviewing the other classic monsters that may or may not join this universe.

The Giant Behemoth

Review: For a 1950's monster flick this was all right. It follows the basic giant monster formula and there isn't really anything new here. Monster had a decent design and it fit in very well. All in all I enjoyed the the film. I rate it a 3/5.

How Likely would he fit in

Behemoth could fit in very well considering he is very much a Quadruped Godzilla. He was woken up by a nuclear explosion and was basically going into a nuclear meltdown. He could fit in as a distant relative of Godzilla's race and it severs as a good foreshadowing part. As I said before the Behemoth is going into Meltdown when we see it which is sped up by the humans fighting it so the monster could be used to tie into Godzilla himself going into Meltdown later.

The Behemoth also can work as a fodder monster or even as a serious opponent to both Kong and Godzilla, but more likely Godzilla himself. Due to their similar nature a Kong fight make seem like a rip off of Godzilla vs Kong but this in turns works with Godzilla as both monsters could be rivals and even have breath immunity to each other. It may even be able to work as a reboot. The angle of Behemoth vs the Leviathan can also be played with if the Behemoth fights Godzilla.

Will it make it in?

I don't think the Behemoth will make this universe. He's too similar to Godzilla and unlike the Beast of 20,000 fathoms Warner Bros might not own the rights to the Behemoth.

My likelihood of Behemoth making it in: 1/5.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Legendary Gojira
Monarch Researcher

Post by Legendary Gojira »

Haven't read through the whole thread yet, but anyone bring up Gorgo? Always thought Gorgo (or his mom, really) had potential. An update with today's SFX would be cool.

master_of_monsters
EDF Instructor

Post by master_of_monsters »

I'm probably going to be hung for this but... megashark :lol:
your source of self destruction

M.o.g.u.e.r.a14
EDF Instructor

Post by M.o.g.u.e.r.a14 »

This is the Legendary Godzilla and King Kong universe, NOT the Gamera or any other random monster universe. There is no way Gamera is going to possibly be in this universe. Sure the new Gamera movie looks badass but still. Toho's Shin-Goji has a better chance of being in it.
Fan of Godzilla, Pacific Rim, Sailor Moon, and Transformers.
Dezerb wrote: buenos ding dong didily dias senor.
http://i.imgur.com/PpE0DEQ.gif

Moguera14 X Sailor Moon

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Pacific Rim actually does have a decent chance simply by being owned by Legendary Pictures. Doesn't mean it will.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

M.o.g.u.e.r.a14 wrote:This is the Legendary Godzilla and King Kong universe, NOT the Gamera or any other random monster universe. There is no way Gamera is going to possibly be in this universe. Sure the new Gamera movie looks badass but still. Toho's Shin-Goji has a better chance of being in it.
This is the Legendary kaiju universe which means who ever they want is getting in this.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

master_of_monsters
EDF Instructor

Post by master_of_monsters »

miguelnuva wrote:
M.o.g.u.e.r.a14 wrote:This is the Legendary Godzilla and King Kong universe, NOT the Gamera or any other random monster universe. There is no way Gamera is going to possibly be in this universe. Sure the new Gamera movie looks badass but still. Toho's Shin-Goji has a better chance of being in it.
This is the Legendary kaiju universe which means who ever they want is getting in this.
Godzilla vs. The iron giant anyone
your source of self destruction

M.o.g.u.e.r.a14
EDF Instructor

miguelnuva wrote:
No, it is not. It is a Godzilla and Kong universe. I don't want harryhausen monsters in a series that can bring unique Godzilla kaiju to the big screen here.

Moguera14 X Sailor Moon

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

M.o.g.u.e.r.a14 wrote:
miguelnuva wrote:
No, it is not. It is a Godzilla and Kong universe. I don't want harryhausen monsters in a series that can bring unique Godzilla kaiju to the big screen here.
I'm sorry, I didn't know you were Tull and you were in charge of the Legendaryverse.

THIS IS THE LEGENDARY KAIJU UNIVERSE! Right now the two big focus on the universe are Kong and Godzilla but in till the universe is finished we don't know who is in the universe. Legendary could create their own Monster and spin it off which would make it apart of the universe. Same with Pacific Rim.

Don't confuse Godzilla and Kong being top billing with this being their universe.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

M.o.g.u.e.r.a14
EDF Instructor

How do you know if it is or not?

Moguera14 X Sailor Moon

Cookson
Futurian

Post by Cookson »

Godzilla and Kong will be the "top billing" for this universe. I'm more inclined to call this "Legendary's Godzilla and Kong cinematic universe".
"We knew the world would not be the same. Few people laughed, few people cried, most people were silent."~Robert Oppenheimer

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Them!

Review: Released in America the same year that Godzilla was released in Japan, Them! deals with FBI agents and two doctors teaming up to defeat several colonies of mutated ants. I rate it a 4/5 and a must see for sci fi or even kaiju fans. The ants were only about 10 feet long but the movie was suspenseful and I was never bored. Also had good acting.

How Likely would he fit in

Them! Would fit right in with this universe anywhere you want to put them. They have nearly the same origin as Godzilla and can either be a form of Ant long gone, or everyday Ants exposed to Godzilla. Make the soilders about 50 feet and the Queen close to the Male Muto in height would also allow a group assault on either Kong or Godzilla. They can also work as inhabits of Skull Island. Them! due in part to it's original popularity should in theory be able to work in it's own Solo film or due to the larger number work against a Kaiju team up similar to an Avengers film.

Will it make it in?

Warner Bros has the rights and Them! is a cult classic leading me to believe that if this universe takes off a reboot could be called into order. Them! can work in anyway you want Them! to fit into this universe as opponents for Kong or Godzilla or even in a solo film. They could even challenge Rodan or Mothra or all 4 kaiju together due to their strength in numbers. You also don't need them bigger than 50 feet due to their large numbers make them easier to sell.

My likelihood of Them! making it in: 4/5.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image