GODZILLA VS. KONG (2020) General Discussion Thread (No Leaks, Unofficial Photos/Vids, etc.)

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
GodzillavsJason
Administrator
Administrator

Re: GODZILLA VS. KONG (2020) General Discussion Thread (No Leaks, Unofficial Photos/Vids, etc.)

Post by GodzillavsJason »

KingKong2005 wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:Sorry, sport. You won't find a whitemeat babyface here. If you don't like what I'm saying you can always just block me.

Now, I'll be considerate here and drop this stupid conversation before it gets too out of hand.
You're the reason it even gets out of hand with your immediate hostility, you fucking moron :roll:
I'm giving you both a warning since this could have been handled better. If I see the two of you going at it again anywhere, the warnings handed out will be doubled.
52 wins and 27 loses
TK's Number 1 Fan of Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Evil Dead, The Thing, and Red vs Blue!

AtomicMorningBreath
Interpol Agent

Re: GODZILLA VS. KONG (2020) General Discussion Thread (No Leaks, Unofficial Photos/Vids, etc.)

Post by AtomicMorningBreath »

I can definitely see GvK being moved up. Especially considering WW84 is 2 weeks after it and I don't think WB would want two of its biggest movies being released that close together. Then again, WW84 could be the one that moves. A lot can happen between now and then.
"It's ok, they're all smoking."

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

AtomicMorningBreath wrote:I can definitely see GvK being moved up. Especially considering WW84 is 2 weeks after it and I don't think WB would want two of its biggest movies being released that close together. Then again, WW84 could be the one that moves. A lot can happen between now and then.
After Aquaman's success, I doubt WB will want to mess with their DC films more than the MonsterVerse.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

AtomicMorningBreath wrote:I can definitely see GvK being moved up. Especially considering WW84 is 2 weeks after it and I don't think WB would want two of its biggest movies being released that close together. Then again, WW84 could be the one that moves. A lot can happen between now and then.
Didn't the other 2 Monsterverse films end up moved up too? Or was it just Godzilla 2?
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

AtomicMorningBreath
Interpol Agent

Post by AtomicMorningBreath »

_JNavs_ wrote:
Didn't the other 2 Monsterverse films end up moved up too? Or was it just Godzilla 2?
I believe the G14 release date remained the same in the long run (not counting the original intent of being released in 2012, as that's what they were aiming for but never established a release date).

KSI was announced for November 4, 2016, but then was pushed back to March 10, 2017.
"It's ok, they're all smoking."

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

AtomicMorningBreath wrote:KSI was announced for November 4, 2016, but then was pushed back to March 10, 2017.
Which was a good call on Legendary's part. It would had endured competition with Doctor Strange (Releasing on the same day), Moana, Arrival and Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them which would had probably prove to be bigger competition then Logan and BatB were.

November would had been a very terrible time honestly...
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:16 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Gojira2K
EDF Instructor

Post by Gojira2K »

I could see them moving GvK, although I don't think they will. I don't see Spongebob giving GvK much box office trouble. They both have two very different demographics.
Twelfth Brother, Jedi Killer
Brazilian Moviegoers
Spoiler:
G2000 wrote:
KinoKaiser wrote:Is the Brazil market big or something?
Definitely, there's like a Brazilian moviegoers there
TK Park
Spoiler:
_JNavs_ wrote:
goji89 wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote: Dun dun
dun dun
dah dah dah
da da
da dunnnnnnnnn

*Giant BARAGONBREH comes out of the woods and roars*

*A bunch of Goji89s run across the screen in packs" :lol:
Go faster! *Baragonbreh in mirror is closer than he appears*
*Baragonbreh sneaks up on 3 unsuspecting New TK user raptors and just mauls them before disappearing*

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Gojira2K wrote:I could see them moving GvK, although I don't think they will. I don't see Spongebob giving GvK much box office trouble. They both have two very different demographics.
Competition it'll endure if it doesn't move is A Stupid Place 2, Maleficent 2 and Wonder Woman 1984 (Comes out early June and two weeks after Godzilla vs. Kong comes out). A part of me actually kind of hopes they move it where there will be less competition...

Also

>Spongebob movie being competition

LMAO!!!! :lol:
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Gojira2K
EDF Instructor

Post by Gojira2K »

They could move it to August. There's literally nothing coming out in August. It could have the whole month to itself.
Brazilian Moviegoers
Spoiler:
G2000 wrote:
TK Park
Spoiler:
_JNavs_ wrote:
goji89 wrote:
dun dun
dah dah dah
da da
da dunnnnnnnnn

*Baragonbreh sneaks up on 3 unsuspecting New TK user raptors and just mauls them before disappearing*

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

Post by PitchBlackProgress »

I wonder what would happen around here if Kong got pushed back…
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

Gojira2K
EDF Instructor

Post by Gojira2K »

PitchBlackProgress wrote:I wonder what would happen around here if Kong got pushed back…
Probably the same thing that happened when KOTM got pushed back multiple times. We would complain.
Brazilian Moviegoers
Spoiler:
G2000 wrote:
TK Park
Spoiler:
_JNavs_ wrote:
goji89 wrote:
dun dun
dah dah dah
da da
da dunnnnnnnnn

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

PitchBlackProgress wrote:I wonder what would happen around here if Kong got pushed back…
Honestly? I'm kind of all for it. A push back to avoid any (serious) competition and some breathing room for KOTM would be nice.

Gojira2K
EDF Instructor

Post by Gojira2K »

UltramanGoji wrote:
Honestly? I'm kind of all for it. A push back to avoid any (serious) competition and some breathing room for KOTM would be nice.
Same here. A push back would give them even more time to make it the best it can be.
Brazilian Moviegoers
Spoiler:
G2000 wrote:
TK Park
Spoiler:
_JNavs_ wrote:
goji89 wrote:
dun dun
dah dah dah
da da
da dunnnnnnnnn

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

Post by PitchBlackProgress »

UltramanGoji wrote:
I feel like it could probably benefit a pushback too. But I think it’s fine where it is, solely because this Spongebob doom and gloom is gonna be really funny to read through.

And if GvK bombs, I can always say…
“Twas Spongebob who killed the beast”
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

KingKong2005
EDF Instructor

Post by KingKong2005 »

Has GvK filmed/will film in India, or was that some sick joke? :lol:
Last edited by KingKong2005 on Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image

Dr. Professor
Futurian

Post by Dr. Professor »

KingKong2005 wrote:Has GvK filmed/will film in India, or was that some sick joke? :lol:
If it was a joke, I don't get it.
Resized Image
(Art by Lisa Naffziger)

Co-host (Nick) of G-Force: A Kaiju Podcast
Twitter | Instagram | Facebook

RIP Evan A. Baker :serizawa:

HeiseiGodzilla117
Xilien Halfling

Post by HeiseiGodzilla117 »

KingKong2005 wrote:Has GvK filmed/will film in India, or was that some sick joke? :lol:
What's wrong with filming in India?
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

KingKong2005
EDF Instructor

Post by KingKong2005 »

HeiseiGodzilla117 wrote:
Godzilla Vs Kong should take place in New York and or Tokyo, and Skull Island. India?? Come on!
Image Image

HeiseiGodzilla117
Xilien Halfling

Post by HeiseiGodzilla117 »

KingKong2005 wrote:
HeiseiGodzilla117 wrote:
Godzilla Vs Kong should take place in New York and or Tokyo, and Skull Island. India?? Come on!

Filming in a location has nothing to do with where the movie itself takes place. G14 filmed parts in Vancouver. Nothing in the movie took place in Vancouver.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

KingKong2005 wrote:
HeiseiGodzilla117 wrote:
I agree. It should start in Skull Island, Stay in New York, and end in Tokyo. It just seems right and respectful of the lore that's come before it.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira