GODZILLA VS. KONG (2020) General Discussion Thread (No Leaks, Unofficial Photos/Vids, etc.)

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Dr. Professor
Futurian

Re: GODZILLA VS. KONG (2020) General Discussion Thread

Post by Dr. Professor »

Kong could realize that humans are a threat to the earth and so he begins destroying cities and shit. Godzilla wants him to knock it off and so they fight.

I would say Godzilla should be the one to turn, but then I thought about the way Kong reacted to Skull Island being bombed and I felt that he'd be more likely to attack.
Resized Image
(Art by Lisa Naffziger)

Co-host (Nick) of G-Force: A Kaiju Podcast
Twitter | Instagram | Facebook

RIP Evan A. Baker :serizawa:

Ryguy
EDF Instructor

Post by Ryguy »

Lovely, more people insisting that Kong should be the villain....
"And now you will walk to him, and you will battle him to the death. Green and Brown. Fight night. The greatest gladiator match in the history of the world: reptile versus primate; day versus night; King of Monsters versus Kong of Skull Island!"

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Lain Of The Wired »

Kong should be the Destroyah level evil :destoroyah: :destoroyah:
A blood thirsty brute picking apart the city boy flinging helicopters at buildings :twisted:
Never forget tadpole :godzilla:

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

I love the idea of Kong as a villain. He goes rogue after a tragic event. Must be stopped by Godzilla
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Then he becomes a man eater :lol:, would be a kinda cool turn of events.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Dynomy-DX
Interpol Agent

Post by Dynomy-DX »

I was always kind of down with Kong showing a more antagonistic side. Or, at the very least, as the aggressor of the fight. I dunno, we've seen Kong as the protagonist already, it could honestly be cool to see how a pissed off Ape would be loose in the city.

If people think "oh but Kong is the underdog so what's the threat for Godzilla?" Simple. Age. Kong could still be in his prime while the story takes place. So Godzilla would have to really push himself to handle such a fast and nimble foe. I doubt they'll make Kong the more antagonistic one, but it could be done right if given a chance.
Reignited... and hopefully less weird this time around.

I'm a guy with simple interests. Mostly revolving around monsters blowing up entire cities.

Ryguy
EDF Instructor

Post by Ryguy »

It wouldn't work. Kong was already introduced as a heroic figure in KSI. Godzilla was a much more hardcore anti-hero than Kong was.

I would prefer this just be two titans going at it. Just two animals fighting for territory. Godzilla ain't no hero
"And now you will walk to him, and you will battle him to the death. Green and Brown. Fight night. The greatest gladiator match in the history of the world: reptile versus primate; day versus night; King of Monsters versus Kong of Skull Island!"

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Godzilla is going to swim to skull island and tell Kong he is the Big Dog and skull island is his yard now. (Cookies for who ever gets this).
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Dynomy-DX
Interpol Agent

Post by Dynomy-DX »

Ryguy wrote:It wouldn't work. Kong was already introduced as a heroic figure in KSI. Godzilla was a much more hardcore anti-hero than Kong was.

I would prefer this just be two titans going at it. Just two animals fighting for territory. Godzilla ain't no hero
I don't know if I'd say Godzilla was shown as an Anti-Hero specifically in G14, but still. With Kong being in a heroic light, odds are that this is a brawl between two forces of nature with no regard of who gets caught in the middle. Still. Fun to speculate.
Reignited... and hopefully less weird this time around.

I'm a guy with simple interests. Mostly revolving around monsters blowing up entire cities.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

miguelnuva wrote:Godzilla is going to swim to skull island and tell Kong he is the Big Dog and skull island is his yard now. (Cookies for who ever gets this).
I can't wait for Godzilla to be booed out of Skull Island.

Cybermat47
Interpol Agent

Post by Cybermat47 »

Why would Godzilla have a problem with someone willing Humans? He killed plenty in G2014.

Dr. Professor
Futurian

Post by Dr. Professor »

Ryguy wrote:Lovely, more people insisting that Kong should be the villain....
I'm not insisting on anything. I want the writers to do whatever they feel works best. I'm just coming up with ideas here.
Resized Image
(Art by Lisa Naffziger)

Co-host (Nick) of G-Force: A Kaiju Podcast
Twitter | Instagram | Facebook

RIP Evan A. Baker :serizawa:

godzilla5417
Terminated
Terminated

Post by godzilla5417 »

I can't wait to see Godzilla cleave Kong's ass hole apart with a tree.
I'am an atheist, and the closest thing to a god that I have is.......GODZILLAAAAAAAAA! :godzilla:

Little known fact, both Zilla and Shin Hangout at the same gay bar called GINO"S!

RamshackleRanger
Futurian

Post by RamshackleRanger »

godzilla5417 wrote:I can't wait to see Godzilla cleave Kong's ass hole apart with a tree.
I mean, whatever does it for you, man.

Kaijunator
Xilien Halfling

Post by Kaijunator »

miguelnuva wrote:Godzilla is going to swim to skull island and tell Kong he is the Big Dog and skull island is his yard now. (Cookies for who ever gets this).
Both kaiju suffer injuries that put them out of action for a few months.
If you have digital copy codes for movies you want to give away, I'll gladly take them! :)
Dillyziller wrote:Evangelion 4.0: This is (not) a joke

It opens with Shinji, Asuka, and Rei walking along the lifeless, red earth. Suddenly the ground begins to shake.
Godzilla bursts from the ground, killing the 3 pilots. Godzilla will then battle his newest opponent...
parental issues.
TitanoGoji16 wrote:"Do you think C-Rex and FeMUTO could make sweet love down by the fire and give birth to Gabara?"
Best song ever.
YouTube!

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Wait people want King Kong to be the villian? Eh, I don't really like the concept. I think just being old fashion territorial kaiju works just fine for a motivation to fight.

SonOfGorgo
G-Grasper

Post by SonOfGorgo »

Maybe Godzilla and Kong see each other as a potential threat to each other's territory and it's up to our humans characters stop them from battling one another.
Still the best, 1955... 8-)

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Lain Of The Wired »

Maybe they're fighting for Serizawa's love & affection
Never forget tadpole :godzilla:

The Octopus
G-Grasper

Post by The Octopus »

I still say they should shoot two endings. It will not only pay homage to the duel endings myth from the original film but would increase the box office enticing people to see it more than once so they can see both endings.
Every time I mention it though I get shouted down around here. That it would ruin any sequels. But WB only has the rights to do a trilogy of Godzilla films. It was a three picture deal they made with Toho back in 2012. After Godzilla 3 (Godzilla vs King Kong), WB can't make anymore Godzilla films unless they renegotiate with Toho.

So that will be the last Godzilla film why not go out with a bang?

scottzilla
Monarch Researcher

Post by scottzilla »

Shhh! The Octopus wrote:I still say they should shoot two endings. It will not only pay homage to the duel endings myth from the original film but would increase the box office enticing people to see it more than once so they can see both endings.
Every time I mention it though I get shouted down around here. That it would ruin any sequels. But WB only has the rights to do a trilogy of Godzilla films. It was a three picture deal they made with Toho back in 2012. After Godzilla 3 (Godzilla vs King Kong), WB can't make anymore Godzilla films unless they renegotiate with Toho.

So that will be the last Godzilla film why not go out with a bang?
Because it's just kind of tacky to do that. Most people except for hardcore fans wouldn't care enough to see it more than once, and even then, I wouldn't.