GODZILLA VS. KONG (2020) General Discussion Thread (No Leaks, Unofficial Photos/Vids, etc.)

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
KotM311
Monarch Researcher

Re: GODZILLA VS. KONG (2020) General Discussion Thread

Post by KotM311 »

GvsK is the battle of the two biggest icons.
Glad they will produce a clear winner!

One side at least will be left in tears.

So, much action, brilliant cgi a fitting story and the experience from G14, KSI, KotM - that´s the perfect time to set on the biggest Fight in Kaiju history.
Last edited by KotM311 on Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

ernesth100
E.S.P.Spy

Post by ernesth100 »

Another reason I'm hoping Kong grows is so he can hit Godzilla with a building. I just want him to hit Godzilla with whatever he can get his hands on. Really use some tools.
Follow The #MoreMonsterVerse Twitter Movement!

Link: https://twitter.com/ExpandtheMV?s=09

We Can Make A Difference! Fans Have A Voice!

SuperPawnageGigan
G-Force Personnel

Post by SuperPawnageGigan »

Let's Go the Rematch of the Century! The 8th Wonder of the world vs the king of the monsters! I am So HYPED!!!
8-BIT MADNESS
2 Friends having a good time.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:Well honestly........ if this really is the last MV film it shouldn't end on a low depressing note.

Plus, it's skreeonking Godzilla and King Kong fighting. How edgy can it get? The crew and director should do what the original did and not take it too seriously, let the film have fun. The anime universe is already depressing as heck.

KOTM can have a hopless feeling until Godzilla flies in and saves the day.
It's only the last one planed currently. How well it does will determine if they decide to continue, and frankly four films seems short for a shared cinematic universe.

The Octopus
G-Grasper

Post by The Octopus »

^ The deal was for 3 films. If they want to continue they will have to renegotiate the rights from Toho.

ernesth100
E.S.P.Spy

Post by ernesth100 »

Shhh! The Octopus wrote:^ The deal was for 3 films. If they want to continue they will have to renegotiate the rights from Toho.
When you think about it, they handled it well. Instead of making Godzilla 2 then 3, they decided to just make a crossover and maximize profit off pop culture icon hype. While also making the last film the biggest. A great business strategy.
Follow The #MoreMonsterVerse Twitter Movement!

Link: https://twitter.com/ExpandtheMV?s=09

We Can Make A Difference! Fans Have A Voice!

Cookson
Futurian

Post by Cookson »

ernesth100 wrote:
Shhh! The Octopus wrote:^ The deal was for 3 films. If they want to continue they will have to renegotiate the rights from Toho.
When you think about it, they handled it well. Instead of making Godzilla 2 then 3, they decided to just make a crossover and maximize profit off pop culture icon hype. While also making the last film the biggest. A great business strategy.
Yup, that's exactly what it is. Of course I'm on board if they go beyond that, but I think Toho has other plans for the character... Like Toho/China co Productions.
"We knew the world would not be the same. Few people laughed, few people cried, most people were silent."~Robert Oppenheimer

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

Assuming the nex two films do well with critics and financial, I hope Legendary renews to do more
Last edited by Godzillian on Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Moogabunga
EDF Instructor

Post by Moogabunga »

Delete
Last edited by Moogabunga on Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Cookson wrote:
ernesth100 wrote:
Yup, that's exactly what it is. Of course I'm on board if they go beyond that, but I think Toho has other plans for the character... Like Toho/China co Productions.
If Toho does anything it will be to make sure they can make live action films during off years for legendary, their making too much money to just kill the monsterverse.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

KingKong2005
EDF Instructor

Post by KingKong2005 »

Cookson wrote:
ernesth100 wrote:
That'd be the worst thing. The Monsterverse is the best and only real good thing to happen to Godzilla.
Image Image

TheSecondComing
Futurian

Post by TheSecondComing »

#12. I expect this to be untrue, as Mr. Lee and Mr. Lin were attached to Godzilla for a time, then were removed from it because of back and forth lawsuits with Legendary. Both men also were added to KOM today.

executive producer Roy Lee http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0498175/

executive producer Dan Lin http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1469853/

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

KingKong2005 wrote:The Monsterverse is the best and only real good thing to happen to Godzilla.
This is objectively wrong.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

KingKong2005 wrote:That'd be the worst thing. The Monsterverse is the best and only real good thing to happen to Godzilla.
So what you're saying too is that the 1954 film was bad?

Or Mothra vs. Godzilla (1964) and GMK?

All of which are considered the best Godzilla films by both fans and audience alike?
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RamshackleRanger
Futurian

Post by RamshackleRanger »

KingKong2005 wrote:
Cookson wrote:
ernesth100 wrote: When you think about it, they handled it well. Instead of making Godzilla 2 then 3, they decided to just make a crossover and maximize profit off pop culture icon hype. While also making the last film the biggest. A great business strategy.
That'd be the worst thing. The Monsterverse is the best and only real good thing to happen to Godzilla.
What the fresh fuck are you even talking about?

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

KingKong2005 wrote:
Cookson wrote:
ernesth100 wrote: When you think about it, they handled it well. Instead of making Godzilla 2 then 3, they decided to just make a crossover and maximize profit off pop culture icon hype. While also making the last film the biggest. A great business strategy.
So he says on TOHO KINGDOM, a forum primarily Godzilla-based...

This is why people give you shiit for "fan-boying".
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

The Octopus
G-Grasper

Post by The Octopus »

ernesth100 wrote:When you think about it, they handled it well. Instead of making Godzilla 2 then 3, they decided to just make a crossover and maximize profit off pop culture icon hype. While also making the last film the biggest. A great business strategy.
Yeah. Of course that was never the original plan. You can thank LP for that. They brought the King Kong project from Universal to WB to do this. Universal didn't care because they were too busy building that Dark Universe with their classic monsters and focusing on the Fast and the Furious and Jurassic World franchises.

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

Cookson wrote:
ernesth100 wrote:
The only thing that gives me pause/concern about this is China's censorship laws/what it allows to be put on film

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

Godzillian wrote:
Cookson wrote:
The only thing that gives me pause/concern about this is China's censorship laws/what it allows to be put on film
I could see a potential dulling of anti-nuclear themes, but other than I don’t think there’s much that is typically in a Godzilla film they would need to censor. Just don’t expect a film where Godzilla fights and defeats communism :lol:

Cookson
Futurian

Post by Cookson »

Toho/China co production is the next step in a healthy FINANCIAL future for the character. China is such easy box office money... I'm sure Toho is looking at that option.
"We knew the world would not be the same. Few people laughed, few people cried, most people were silent."~Robert Oppenheimer