GODZILLA VS. KONG (2020) General Discussion Thread (No Leaks, Unofficial Photos/Vids, etc.)

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
TheInfiniteAeon
Monarch Researcher

Re: GODZILLA VS. KONG (2020) General Discussion Thread (No Leaks, Unofficial Photos/Vids, etc.)

Post by TheInfiniteAeon »

You guys have any ideas how the "human conspiracy" in the synopsis is going to wipe out the Titans? I mean, judging from it alone it sounds like they wanna go straight to an actual Destroy All Monsters operation.
In a post-Shin Godzilla world, the kaiju genre should, more than ever before, be held to standards of quality that are more than just "big monster go rawr". Don't act surprised when you get trash movies when your core audience asks for nothing but the bare minimum.

Rokmutul
Yojimbo

Re: GODZILLA VS. KONG (2020) General Discussion Thread (No Leaks, Unofficial Photos/Vids, etc.)

Post by Rokmutul »

TheInfiniteAeon wrote:You guys have any ideas how the "human conspiracy" in the synopsis is going to wipe out the Titans? I mean, judging from it alone it sounds like they wanna go straight to an actual Destroy All Monsters operation.
I think this human conspiracy could be that many governments around the world don’t see Godzilla as a savior as G KOTM seems to portray and want him eliminated as well as all the other Titans.

Ben Shapiro
Interpol Agent

Post by Ben Shapiro »

Rokmutul wrote:governments around the world don’t see Godzilla as a savior as G KOTM seems to portray and want him eliminated as well as all the other Titans.
If we stop this “Godzilla”, we stop them all.
Facts don't care about your feelings

KingKaiju
Futurian

Post by KingKaiju »

They harvest Ghidorah cells, realize that it stores tons of energy, and then combine them with Godzilla cells... Reaching back to 1993.

BAM!!!!!

KingKong2005
EDF Instructor

Post by KingKong2005 »

Image Image

Kinggoji1962
Monarch Researcher

Post by Kinggoji1962 »

^ When will manlets ever learn?

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

here's how I think it should go

http://www.mrinitialman.com/OddsEnds/Si ... tml?Figure 1~male~11887.2_Figure 2~male~11277.6_Figure 3~male~27035.8

blue is Godzilla, purple is Kong, and red is the villain of GVK
Spoiler:
The Giant Condor, who is as big as a battle ship

RIP Evan.

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:here's how I think it should go

http://www.mrinitialman.com/OddsEnds/Si ... tml?Figure 1~male~11887.2_Figure 2~male~11277.6_Figure 3~male~27035.8

blue is Godzilla, purple is Kong, and red is the villain of GVK
Spoiler:
This is the best explanation on height that we have had in this thread.
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

Manuelito Canelito
G-Grasper

Post by Manuelito Canelito »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Does it have an antimatter shield, too?
All houses have the same. Roof. Floor. Walls. People yelling at you that they're calling the police because you broke into their house. It's only when you give them love that they truly become Home

Moogabunga
EDF Instructor

Post by Moogabunga »

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

That last quote is exactly what I want to see.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Sounds like to me Godzilla and Kong fight over humanity. Godzilla can be the hero like he has been and simply not care about collateral where as Kong will get upset that humans are being killed in Godzilla's saving attempts.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Xx_The_Masquerade_xX
Futurian

Post by Xx_The_Masquerade_xX »

Damn I love how Mike speaks about the Monsterverse in general.. I really hope he sticks around if there are any future installments after Godzilla vs Kong.

TheInfiniteAeon
Monarch Researcher

I just woke up from an awful dream of seeing a Godzilla vs. Kong teaser trailer. The actual reveal of Kong and Godzilla looked like they were done in Garry's Mod with terrible off-base WIP models but shot from a handheld camera on the ground. Like, Godzilla was painted brown and had a short tail and Kong looked like an giant ugly human, not a bipedal primate. And the actual fight animation was so bad that Kong's uppercut caused the Godzilla model to do a back flip.
In a post-Shin Godzilla world, the kaiju genre should, more than ever before, be held to standards of quality that are more than just "big monster go rawr". Don't act surprised when you get trash movies when your core audience asks for nothing but the bare minimum.

Hokmuto
EDF Instructor

Post by Hokmuto »

TheInfiniteAeon wrote:I just woke up from an awful dream of seeing a Godzilla vs. Kong teaser trailer. The actual reveal of Kong and Godzilla looked like they were done in Garry's Mod with terrible off-base WIP models but shot from a handheld camera on the ground. Like, Godzilla was painted brown and had a short tail and Kong looked like an giant ugly human, not a bipedal primate. And the actual fight animation was so bad that Kong's uppercut caused the Godzilla model to do a back flip.
I think I might've filmed your dream somehow. Was it this?
Long Live The King

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Post by gottatalktothefake »

Oh god I remember that video, it's been so long
GojiSquid wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:58 am TBF if a movie has a sex scene without a monster mash, then is it really a graveyard smash?

TheInfiniteAeon
Monarch Researcher

Hokmuto wrote:
TheInfiniteAeon wrote:I just woke up from an awful dream of seeing a Godzilla vs. Kong teaser trailer. The actual reveal of Kong and Godzilla looked like they were done in Garry's Mod with terrible off-base WIP models but shot from a handheld camera on the ground. Like, Godzilla was painted brown and had a short tail and Kong looked like an giant ugly human, not a bipedal primate. And the actual fight animation was so bad that Kong's uppercut caused the Godzilla model to do a back flip.
I think I might've filmed your dream somehow. Was it this?
God I haven't seen that in ages.

Recreate it in Gmod but Kong has to look uglier. Like, his face in the dream was not a gorilla's face it was like an ugly human's face with swollen cheeks, ridges on his forehead and small bulging eyes. The worst part about it was hearing an internet defense of that design saying "it's the perfect balance between man and beast" and I'm like "no this dude looks like some primitive island tribe criminal and he's got crooked yellow teeth!"

Added in 5 hours 31 minutes 4 seconds:
Image So with Godzilla being 393 feet tall in KOTM how much more should Kong be scaled up to?
Last edited by TheInfiniteAeon on Mon May 06, 2019 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KingKong2005
EDF Instructor

Post by KingKong2005 »

^I uploaded a pic, but Godzilla's old height looks really good!
Image Image

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

That art is why I'm still hoping for a David vs. Goliath route especially given an ape of that size would have tremendous strength still letting Kong tangle with Godzilla. Just picture Kong that size managing to swing Godzilla around by the tail. :D
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Tue May 07, 2019 2:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Percentage wise matching that height of 393 feet for Godzilla will only grow Kong another 25 feet.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image