GODZILLA VS. KONG (2020) General Discussion Thread (No Leaks, Unofficial Photos/Vids, etc.)

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Godzilla2020
GPN Volunteer

Re: GODZILLA VS. KONG (2020) General Discussion Thread (No Leaks, Unofficial Photos/Vids, etc.)

Post by Godzilla2020 »

Something like this is more fitting:

The Octopus
G-Grasper

Re: GODZILLA VS. KONG (2020) General Discussion Thread (No Leaks, Unofficial Photos/Vids, etc.)

Post by The Octopus »

That first pic is pretty cool.

KingKong2005
EDF Instructor

Post by KingKong2005 »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:That art is why I'm still hoping for a David vs. Goliath route especially given an ape of that size would have tremendous strength still letting Kong tangle with Godzilla. Just picture Kong that size managing to swing Godzilla around by the tail. :D
Yeah, but...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpCQEmm ... gs=pl%2Cwn
I'd rather have this kind of battle than midget v 6'4 man.
Last edited by KingKong2005 on Sun May 12, 2019 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

KingKong2005 wrote:
GodzillaFan1990's wrote:That art is why I'm still hoping for a David vs. Goliath route especially given an ape of that size would have tremendous strength still letting Kong tangle with Godzilla. Just picture Kong that size managing to swing Godzilla around by the tail. :D
Yeah, but...
That's literally the same scaling as in the pic lmao, oh wait I thought u meant the pic right above^
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Sun May 12, 2019 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

KingKong2005 wrote:
Yeah, but...
I just watched that again and Godzilla is bent over a lot in that fight to make him look closer in size to Kong.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

KingKong2005
EDF Instructor

Post by KingKong2005 »

miguelnuva wrote:
KingKong2005 wrote:
Yeah, but...
I just watched that again and Godzilla is bent over a lot in that fight to make him look closer in size to Kong.
Yeah Kong is roughly like 20 or 30 feet smaller than Godzilla, which is what I think he should be in the new film.
Image Image

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

KingKong2005 wrote:
miguelnuva wrote:
KingKong2005 wrote: Yeah, but...
Yeah Kong is roughly like 20 or 30 feet smaller than Godzilla, which is what I think he should be in the new film.
Kong is 20 or 30 feet smaller than Godzilla who is bent over on his side.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

So are we thinking Godzilla has any changes in appearance for GvK?

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

_JNavs_ wrote:So are we thinking Godzilla has any changes in appearance for GvK?
Spoilers from the Jakks toys
Spoiler:
Burning Godzilla might be the "antagonist" of GVK, maybe Godzilla's in pain or something and becomes more aggressive.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

UltramanGoji wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:So are we thinking Godzilla has any changes in appearance for GvK?
Spoilers from the Jakks toys
Spoiler:
Burning Godzilla might be the "antagonist" of GVK, maybe Godzilla's in pain or something and becomes more aggressive.
That's what I'm hoping for,
Spoiler:
it'd really heighten the stakes, and give a sense of urgency for the situation. I don't know how it plays into KOTM, but hopefully he ends up stuck with it by the end of the film

Sonic
Interpol Agent

Post by Sonic »

Godzilla2020 wrote:Something like this is more fitting:
outstanding.

KingKong2005
EDF Instructor

Post by KingKong2005 »

Rodan is around 34,000 tons in Godzilla KOTM, so I think it's a pretty safe bet Kong will weigh a lot more than that.
Image Image

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

KingKong2005 wrote:Rodan is around 34,000 tons in Godzilla KOTM, so I think it's a pretty safe bet Kong will weigh a lot more than that.
I'd say he'll weigh about 65-75,000 tons. Since Godzillas about 99,000+ tons.

TheInfiniteAeon
Monarch Researcher

Post by TheInfiniteAeon »

I found this piece on ArtStation and despite being fanmade I like that it gives me a solid idea of how Kong would look fully-grown, not by size scaling but just by his design. Image
In a post-Shin Godzilla world, the kaiju genre should, more than ever before, be held to standards of quality that are more than just "big monster go rawr". Don't act surprised when you get trash movies when your core audience asks for nothing but the bare minimum.

Sonic
Interpol Agent

Post by Sonic »

that looks magical.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

The only thing I would had done was replace King Ghidorah's shadow with Destoroyah. Otherwise though really wicked art! :huge:
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Sat May 18, 2019 8:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

KingKong2005
EDF Instructor

Post by KingKong2005 »

RIP Kong

"King Kong is getting roasted!"
Last edited by KingKong2005 on Sat May 18, 2019 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

"That's messed up."

In seriousness those are some nice images.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

KingKong2005 wrote:Image
RIP Kong

"King Kong is getting roasted!"
Jesus those are gorgeous

Gojira18
EDF Instructor

Post by Gojira18 »

miguelnuva wrote:"That's messed up."

In seriousness those are some nice images.
"You dumbell!"
"Dumbell?"