GODZILLA VS. KONG (2020) General Discussion Thread (No Leaks, Unofficial Photos/Vids, etc.)

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Legendary Gojira
Monarch Researcher

Re: RUMOR: Godzilla vs King Kong in developement/early talks

Post by Legendary Gojira »

mattman559 wrote:i dont think kong would have to be the same size as godzilla to put up a good fight. i mean, its a gorilla vs a lizard, if kong were the same size he'd wipe the floor with godzilla. plus we already saw a muto take the atomic ray to its chest and still live, i think we can assume king skreeonking kong can do the same. im all for this
What? Kong was the same size as Godzilla in the original movie, but was getting his ass kicked until he got pumped up by a convenient lightning storm.

Anyways, for those who don't want this film, there is one solution for you: don't go see it if--IF--it's made.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

If Kong is a more competent beast in the upcoming Skull Island flick, and is pitted against Godzilla while being like 10x bigger, maybe this time he'll actually ATTEMPT to dodge Godzilla's ray instead of tanking it and standing baffled like a moron :lol: It'd be a far more interesting and not entirely one-sided fight relying on deus ex lightning. Though I wouldn't be opposed to seeing a modern lightning-punching King Kong, if just for the nostalgia.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

The rematch of a lifetime.

PLEASE

LET

IT

BE

TRUE....!!!!!!!

Underworld54
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Underworld54 »

mattman559 wrote:i dont think kong would have to be the same size as godzilla to put up a good fight. i mean, its a gorilla vs a lizard, if kong were the same size he'd wipe the floor with godzilla. plus we already saw a muto take the atomic ray to its chest and still live, i think we can assume king skreeonking kong can do the same. im all for this
It seems the MUTO's have a hard outer covering, Kong is all hair and skin.
Sadly, I must make you aware that anything I say is my opinion.

Contrary to popular belief, I did like Godzilla 2014

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

Underworld54 wrote: It seems the MUTO's have a hard outer covering, Kong is all hair and skin.
Kaiju skin. Tissues and flesh that can support the weight of a multi-thousand ton animal with ease. :)
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

Tyler Kuykendall
Ronin

Post by Tyler Kuykendall »

It's been officially confirmed to be true.

Variola
JXSDF Technician

Post by Variola »

Tyler Kuykendall wrote:It's been officially confirmed to be true.
Source?

GodzillaRangerPrime
JXSDF Technician

Post by GodzillaRangerPrime »

Negative nancies smh

Chris55 wrote:
Underworld54 wrote:
GalacticPetey wrote:They're not half-assing the Star Wars movies.
I very much consider TFA to be half-assed. What a generic film which only fed on nostalgia, it brought nothing new to the table.
That's not true. C3PO had a red arm.

JVM
Xilien Halfling

Post by JVM »

morgoth wrote:The more I'm reading these articles the more I'm calling BS. One clickbait article spawning another clickbait article. It seems that a fan wrote them and is basing the article on the fact that Skull Island is moving from universal to Warner Bros.
This is kind of what I'm reading.

A rumor pops up that Skull Island MIGHT move to Warner Bros., which is hasn't yet at this stage, and people are jumping straight to a King Kong vs. Godzilla remake? Consider that Skull Island and G2018 will come out first - within the next three years, we're definitely looking at least five years before a KKvG remake - more importantly though, nothing's happened yet. The former film's undergone some production trouble already but it's also important to remember Universal fought long and hard for the rights to the King Kong character and I doubt they have any intention of giving that up, especially considering that even if Warner Bros. has any intention of paying such a lucrative license fee, the amount of profit generated would still probably be plenty for Universal to hold on to without WB.

There's really virtually no reason to believe this without some kind of source - but if it's true, I'm a thousand percent behind remaking the film, and it'll make buttloads of money, especially if the monsters are out in the open.
I used to be a lot more optimistic and outgoing, believe it or not. I used to actually be passionate about this stuff.

Mechagigan
Futurian

Post by Mechagigan »

EDIT: Actually ... I'll wait on thoughts about this until there's more 'confirmation'.

Basically, I think they should totally do it. It'd make a ton of money, and help push off a new franchise/ reboot the old genre.

GodzillaRangerPrime
JXSDF Technician

Post by GodzillaRangerPrime »

If they had no intention of doing it, the reaction to this mere rumor might show them that there is a big interest.
Chris55 wrote:
Underworld54 wrote:
GalacticPetey wrote:They're not half-assing the Star Wars movies.
I very much consider TFA to be half-assed. What a generic film which only fed on nostalgia, it brought nothing new to the table.
That's not true. C3PO had a red arm.

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

Tyler Kuykendall wrote:It's been officially confirmed to be true.
By who?

g2vd
Xilien Halfling

Post by g2vd »

A Godzilla Vs. King Kong movie would be awesome, a rematch between the two greatest movie monsters ever that would be epic I would love it. however the problem is it's impossible for starters in this universe the only way Kong could fight Godzilla if he was either 90-95M at the least do you know how firgging big Skull Island would have to be to allow Kong a lot of freedom if he was that big? or how about if there are natives how do we have that classic wall it would have to be bigger than 100M to keep him away, or how about Kong action scenes how could we have any when he is almost 300 feet the only scene there would be is him eating a few bite sized T. Rexes. unless of course the Dinosaurs are also 300 feet tall but than that would just be ridiculous unless they have the rights to Gorosaurus and than there is a problem with how could the Island be big enough to support a unknown number of 95M tall Dinosaurs?!

Legendary's Canon is the radiation levels caused animals to evolve to feed on it but the levels dropped after the Permain Era Apes did not evolve until around 15-10 million? I believe how are they going to explain a species of Ape evolved to feed on radiation when the Age Of Kaiju had already ended? Now granted their is a way if they go the way of the 2005 Kong there could be a very advanced race of humans from Atlantis perhaps that found fossils of these Kaiju and thus experiment on animals to cause them to grow to their size including Kong and a couple of Dinosaurs, but again the Island would have to be huge and part of this movie is supposed to take place in the 70s in a major city if Kong is brought in everybody would know that giant monsters exist as well as Dinosaurs still exist it messes up the Canon massively.

do I want this to happen yes but the problems that present themselves I don't see how they could get it to work as of such I highly doubt these articles it all started with one and than it snowballed from there it just takes one false seemingly credible rumor and than poof as of such when this gets revealed to be false I am going to post a ton of Godzilla Movies comments to make fun of you all :) .
Godzilla

Underworld54
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Underworld54 »

Isn't part of the draw of Kong is his emotional attachment to a human female? How would that work if he were the size of Godzilla? She'd be the size of an ant, that wouldn't work.

tenup
G-Force Personnel

Post by tenup »

B34sT wrote:I hope this is true. Also I always thought this could work in a more "realistic" setting by having Kong fight a young Godzilla that is the same size as Kong and thus evening the playing field. It would also give us a new perspective on Godzilla as a smaller version capable of destroying cities on a smaller scale.
This is exactly what I thought would be the best approach for this crossover. It should be a King Kong and Godzilla that are genetically engineered by the mad scientist of Jurassic Park/world and are in the same stage of development. Just imagine how the scenario would've played out in jurassic world if it were Godzilla and Kong instead of Indominous rex and rex.

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

If the best approach to a KKvsG rematch is to have them both be genetically engineered, I'd rather not see it happen. EVER.

Underworld54
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Underworld54 »

Legion1979 wrote:If the best approach to a KKvsG rematch is to have them both be genetically engineered, I'd rather not see it happen. EVER.
Yeah, it wouldn't work. They set up an entire Godzilla universe and then go away from that by making him a genetic engineered monster...audience would be like "What????."

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Legion1979 wrote:If the best approach to a KKvsG rematch is to have them both be genetically engineered, I'd rather not see it happen. EVER.
Or just have Kong be cloned and genetically engineered to reach Godzilla's height.

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

Absolutely not. A genetically engineered ape is NOT King Kong.

DaddlerTheDalek
Monarch Researcher

Post by DaddlerTheDalek »

3000 wrote:http://comicbook.com/2015/09/10/let-the ... o-be-in-t/

http://deadline.com/2015/09/king-kong-g ... 201521004/

Take this with a grain of salt obviously, but this would be so badass. Thoughts?

do you guys see any possibility of this? if they did decide to go forward with it they would definitely have to scale up Kong big time.
I take this with a grain of salt right now.
Tails wrote:You're watching a Poster!