GODZILLA VS. KONG (2020) General Discussion Thread (No Leaks, Unofficial Photos/Vids, etc.)

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
goji89
Sazer

Re: GODZILLA VS. KONG (2020) General Discussion Thread (No Leaks, Unofficial Photos/Vids, etc.)

Post by goji89 »

I have bared witness to probably the stupidest argument in this forum. I have been mentally scarred by it, and I am solely to blame by betraying my better judgement. I wish I could tell you I was drunk or high for dropping in here......but if I were to be truthful to you all and to myself.....I can't admit that. I think I need councilng after reading this argument.

Thank God I made a new page.

PLEASE DO NOT GO BACK!!!!!

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD....DO NOT GO BACK TO READ THE ARGUMENT, YOU WON'T FORGIVE YOURSELVES!

DON'T SAY ANYBODY DIDN'T WARN YOU!
Last edited by goji89 on Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Smuggers
EDF Instructor

Re: GODZILLA VS. KONG (2020) General Discussion Thread (No Leaks, Unofficial Photos/Vids, etc.)

Post by Smuggers »

Wow KoTM isn't even out yet and GvK's threads are already approaching the former's level of insanity.
BARAGONBREH wrote:This website is a disturbing commentary on the state of reading comprehension today.
goji89 wrote:Its common courtesy to ask people if they can be quoted.

Gojira2K
EDF Instructor

Post by Gojira2K »

Smuggers wrote:Wow KoTM isn't even out yet and GvK's threads are already approaching the former's level of insanity.
For some reason, I have a feeling that it is going to get worse too. I hope I'm wrong.
Twelfth Brother, Jedi Killer
Brazilian Moviegoers
Spoiler:
G2000 wrote:
KinoKaiser wrote:Is the Brazil market big or something?
Definitely, there's like a Brazilian moviegoers there
TK Park
Spoiler:
_JNavs_ wrote:
goji89 wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote: Dun dun
dun dun
dah dah dah
da da
da dunnnnnnnnn

*Giant BARAGONBREH comes out of the woods and roars*

*A bunch of Goji89s run across the screen in packs" :lol:
Go faster! *Baragonbreh in mirror is closer than he appears*
*Baragonbreh sneaks up on 3 unsuspecting New TK user raptors and just mauls them before disappearing*

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:People seem to wanna forget this Godzilla doesn't spam is beam all willy nilly. It seems like more of a "last resort" tactic. At least that's how the events of G14 seems to portray it.
Or the fact his beam is more like early Showa's flame-like breath than late Showa/Heisei's laser of doom.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Living Corpse wrote:
Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:People seem to wanna forget this Godzilla doesn't spam is beam all willy nilly. It seems like more of a "last resort" tactic. At least that's how the events of G14 seems to portray it.
Or the fact his beam is more like early Showa's flame-like breath than late Showa/Heisei's laser of doom.
I think as of KOTM that's going to change to more of a Heisei/Millenium atomic breath
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Anyone have any painkillers? That last page was too much for my feeble, simpleton brain.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

KingKaiju
Futurian

Post by KingKaiju »

Went back and read a few posts. Pretty happy that I've been on vacation these past few days. In other news, I saw a few Godzilla shirts at Epcot, in Disney World. I would've bought both, but they only had my size in one shirt. The more excited I get for KOTM, the more excited I get for this. I can't wait to see what direction they take this film. I see a lot of "well, what can Kong bring if Godzilla can fight Ghidorah?" which I understand, but honestly, as long as this movie just goes in a different path and doesn't try to top the last one, it should be good. Similar to how The Dark Knight Rises didn't try to outdo The Dark Knight. If the trajectory of this trilogy goes similar to The Dark Knight or Rise of the Planet of the Apes trilogies, I'll be happy. I'm not saying that it'll be as good, but those third films made sure to do it's own thing and be it's own film, which I can always appreciate.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

I think what Kong has that Ghidorah doesn't are useable biceps, and big hammer fists with the grip of a god.

I love how KOTM is more fantastical in the sense that Godzilla will be taking down basically other gods with beams and power ups etc, while GvK brings Godzilla back down to reality to face a beast who can hit him with one-twos and uppercuts in just a straight up street fight you'd see at a corner store on 3rd.
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Poe Ghostal
JXSDF Technician

Post by Poe Ghostal »

I assume Kong’s tool use from KSI will play a significant role in his being able to hang with G. Possibly with an assist from some human entity.
Last edited by Poe Ghostal on Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Poe Ghostal's Points of Articulation - Toy news, reviews, & commentary

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

If Kong picks up a piece of building and starts beating Godzilla with it like a metal pipe, I guarantee you this movie will be all over social media as the hypest hype film of 2020. (Even if that doesn't happen I guarantee the film ends up all over social media)

KingKong2005
EDF Instructor

Post by KingKong2005 »

_JNavs_ wrote:I think what Kong has that Ghidorah doesn't are useable biceps, and big hammer fists with the grip of a god.
I love how KOTM is more fantastical in the sense that Godzilla will be taking down basically other gods with beams and power ups etc, while GvK brings Godzilla back down to reality to face a beast who can hit him with one-twos and uppercuts in just a straight up street fight you'd see at a corner store on 3rd.
That's why Kong is such a formidable foe, especially since by the time 2020 rolls around he's big enough and strong/durable enough to tangle with Big G.
Image Image

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

KingKong2005 wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:I think what Kong has that Ghidorah doesn't are useable biceps, and big hammer fists with the grip of a god.
That's why Kong is such a formidable foe, especially since by the time 2020 rolls around he's big enough and strong/durable enough to tangle with Big G.
I imagine by that time, even missiles would take more than one hit to seriously harm him, and napalm probably won't work anymore with skin that thick.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Living Corpse wrote:
KingKong2005 wrote:
I imagine by that time, even missiles would take more than one hit to seriously harm him, and napalm probably won't work anymore with skin that thick.
I wonder if he'll be even slower and heavier than he was in K:SI, idk if you guys recall, but in SI it felt like Kong was always moving in slow mo due to the audience not being used to him being that size. So now he's supposed to be growing 10x the size he was then, does that mean he'll be even slower? I'd be perfectly okay with that because it makes sense in the real world, but it'll be interesting to see.

Especially since Kong relies on agility and speed which he just won't have at that height.
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KingKaiju
Futurian

Post by KingKaiju »

What if, to promote this film, we get a shot of King just smashing Godzilla in the face with a building or something, just to show that he’ll pt up a fight?

Apgigan
Monsterland Worker

Post by Apgigan »

Am I the only one that isn’t really that hyped for Godzilla vs Kong (or at least compared to KOTM). I know GvK hasn’t had any trailers or anything to build up hype yet but it seems like it would be kind of a downgrade from the last movie of that makes any sense. I get that it’s kind of a big deal that Godzilla is fighting King Kong again but I’m way more excited for Mothra, Rodan, and Ghidorah than Kong imo

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Apgigan wrote:Am I the only one that isn’t really that hyped for Godzilla vs Kong (or at least compared to KOTM). I know GvK hasn’t had any trailers or anything to build up hype yet but it seems like it would be kind of a downgrade from the last movie of that makes any sense. I get that it’s kind of a big deal that Godzilla is fighting King Kong again but I’m way more excited for Mothra, Rodan, and Ghidorah than Kong imo
It all comes down to
KOTM is more fantastical, Godzilla will be taking down basically other gods with beams and power ups etc, while GvK brings Godzilla back down to reality to face a beast who can hit him with one-twos and uppercuts in just a straight up street fight

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

Apgigan wrote:Am I the only one that isn’t really that hyped for Godzilla vs Kong (or at least compared to KOTM). I know GvK hasn’t had any trailers or anything to build up hype yet but it seems like it would be kind of a downgrade from the last movie of that makes any sense. I get that it’s kind of a big deal that Godzilla is fighting King Kong again but I’m way more excited for Mothra, Rodan, and Ghidorah than Kong imo
I agree with you. More excited for KOTM. Not just for the monsters but I think KOTM has a better director too. Plus I much prefer the trio of monster opponents in KOTM over Kong
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

I look at Kong the same way I look at the Undertaker at wrestlemania. Who ever he is fighting probably had several more exciting matches throughout the year but the name will get me hyped.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Gojira2K
EDF Instructor

Post by Gojira2K »

I feel the same. GvK feels very much like a downgrade, compared to KOTM. Just Kong himself, just feels like a downgrade from King Ghidorah, and that's just what we've seen from the trailers. To me, it's more interesting seeing a giant golden three headen dragon that spits golden lightening and "accidentaly" creates giant hypercanes fight Godzilla, then a giant bipedal ape.
Twelfth Brother, Jedi Killer
Brazilian Moviegoers
Spoiler:
G2000 wrote:
KinoKaiser wrote:Is the Brazil market big or something?
Definitely, there's like a Brazilian moviegoers there
TK Park
Spoiler:
_JNavs_ wrote:
goji89 wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote: Dun dun
dun dun
dah dah dah
da da
da dunnnnnnnnn

*Giant BARAGONBREH comes out of the woods and roars*

*A bunch of Goji89s run across the screen in packs" :lol:
Go faster! *Baragonbreh in mirror is closer than he appears*
*Baragonbreh sneaks up on 3 unsuspecting New TK user raptors and just mauls them before disappearing*

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Downgrade for Godzilla, upgrade for King Kong.