GODZILLA VS. KONG (2020) General Discussion Thread (No Leaks, Unofficial Photos/Vids, etc.)

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
kaijukurt
EDF Instructor

Re: GODZILLA VS. KONG (2020) General Discussion Thread (No Leaks, Unofficial Photos/Vids, etc.)

Post by kaijukurt »

We’re looking at an almost David vs. Goliath situation. Because everyone, the moment you say Godzilla’s going to fight Kong, your first reaction is Kong doesn’t stand a chance. Godzilla’s got his radioactive breath, et cetera, et cetera.

You know, it’s like watching Rocky go up against Ivan Drago. It seems like it’s unfair but clearly, this means the underdog might have a few surprises.
Just some excerpts from the interview.
Last edited by kaijukurt on Mon May 27, 2019 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Formerly known as kurtzilla

_JNavs_
Keizer

Re: GODZILLA VS. KONG (2020) General Discussion Thread (No Leaks, Unofficial Photos/Vids, etc.)

Post by _JNavs_ »

"When you have two extremely hyper-aggressive masculine territorial animals who both believe that they’re the rightful rulers of an entire species, chances are they’re going to do more than have afternoon tea.”

Now this is what i like to see.

Now, when he says "rulers of an entire species", he means humans right?
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Mon May 27, 2019 3:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Moogabunga
EDF Instructor

Post by Moogabunga »

_JNavs_ wrote:"When you have two extremely hyper-aggressive masculine territorial animals who both believe that they’re the rightful rulers of an entire species, chances are they’re going to do more than have afternoon tea.”

Probably referring to the other Titans actually

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

But why would Kong feel entitled to be King? What the fuck did he do or has done to deserve that throne? Godzilla defeated KG and the Mutos.
Last edited by goji89 on Mon May 27, 2019 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MrRockett
JXSDF Technician

Post by MrRockett »

goji89 wrote:But why would Kong feel entitled to be King? What the fuck did he do or has done to deserve that throne? Godzilla defeated KG and the Mutos.
He doesn’t know that. He’s the King in his island and only knows that, so if gets a sense that Godzilla is basically another Skullcrawler, he’s going to bow up and challenge.

Fundamentally the idea works, but I do hope there is more than just two stray dogs happen to meet and get into a fight.
goji89 wrote:King Gonorrhea
I've turned over a new leaf, and it's still just a leaf so I guess I'm still the same a-hole I've always been just now with two leaves.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

goji89 wrote:But why would Kong feel entitled to be King? What the skreeonk did he do or has done to deserve that throne? Godzilla defeated KG and the Mutos.
That's why i'm leaning towards the species being humans, since he has an entire tribe of humans that have worshipped him for decades. He knows he's King because they treat him like one. Godzilla I never really thought ever cared about humans, but he obviously defends them because he's kinda like the guy that beats up the bully when the bully tries to beat up the smaller kid. However from what we saw in the credits scene of Kong, he was also clearly worshipped alongside the other Super Titans.

On the other hand, Kong kills titans for food, saves the Megafauna on the land when he can, and kills Titans almost every day ie. SkullCrawlers. So it could mean he believes he's King of the Titans.

Godzilla, we all know why he's King of the Monsters. He kills the Titans that threaten his territory, and goes about his business.
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Mon May 27, 2019 4:08 pm, edited 5 times in total.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

cloverfan98
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by cloverfan98 »

_JNavs_ wrote:"When you have two extremely hyper-aggressive masculine territorial animals who both believe that they’re the rightful rulers of an entire species, chances are they’re going to do more than have afternoon tea.”

Either humans or possible the Titans.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

I bow to no Titan.

Godzilla2000Zero
Gotengo Officer

Post by Godzilla2000Zero »

Personally I rather them be equals but has certain advantages over each other
I never worked this hard all my life since the time I lost my virginity.-Gareth Edwards SDCC 2012

KingKong2005
EDF Instructor

Post by KingKong2005 »

Godzilla2000Zero wrote:Personally I rather them be equals but has certain advantages over each other
Personally I second this!
Image Image

daveblackeye15
EDF Instructor

Post by daveblackeye15 »

I think if it is done really well then the David and Goliath thing could work. I love Hulk vs. Thing battles since typically Thing is the underdog but he almost always loses but puts up one hell of a fight.

Godzilla2000Zero
Gotengo Officer

Post by Godzilla2000Zero »

I think Kong has earned every right to be be equal to Godzilla makes a more entertaining fight.
I never worked this hard all my life since the time I lost my virginity.-Gareth Edwards SDCC 2012

KingKong2005
EDF Instructor

Post by KingKong2005 »

Godzilla2000Zero wrote:I think Kong has earned every right to be be equal to Godzilla makes a more entertaining fight.
He gets it 8-)
Image Image

Olzh26
Interpol Agent

Post by Olzh26 »

Godzilla was badly hit by the blows of the physically weaker Muto. and here a monster with a mass of several tens of thousands of tons will come out against him, 2/3 of which are muscles. Kong has every chance to win
Last edited by Olzh26 on Mon May 27, 2019 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kaijukurt
EDF Instructor

Post by kaijukurt »

Olzh26 wrote:Godzilla was badly hit by the blows of the physically weaker Muto. and here a monster with a mass of several tens of thousands of tons will come out against him, 2/3 of which are muscles. Kong has every chance to win
Im sure no kaiju would like getting pummelled repeatedly by Kong's massive fists.
Last edited by kaijukurt on Tue May 28, 2019 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Formerly known as kurtzilla

king_ghidorah
EDF Instructor

Post by king_ghidorah »

It’ll be more entertaining for Kong to be slightly outmatched from the offset. Kong usually is...the T. rex he fought in 33 was bigger than he was, he fought 3 V Rexes in 2005. He thrives when he’s the underdog.

ultrazilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by ultrazilla »

I personally don't think Kong's strike power could put a dent on Godzilla, after all it withstood a multi mega ton nuke point blank, survived a
Spoiler:
fall from the orbit
which would literally flatten titanium and goes to show how ridiculously dense and strong his bone structure is. What could Kong's punches or kicks do to him really? The ape lacks pointy horns or sharp claws that serve as penetrating weapon, so the way I see Kong overcomes the problem is to either forge strong durable weapons on the go or go for strangulation. Play smart, use the versatility of his limbs, be agile and in combination with his power it can go far. Go in RAW WWE style with Goji is simply suicidal, we've seen how easily a 355 ft Godzilla overpowered a 300 ft tall Fem Muto in a matter of few seconds just by head on collision, imagine what a almost 400 ft tall, much bulkier Godzilla would do now.

Vandarker
G-Grasper

Post by Vandarker »

Olzh26 wrote:Godzilla was badly hit by the blows of the physically weaker Muto. and here a monster with a mass of several tens of thousands of tons will come out against him, 2/3 of which are muscles. Kong has every chance to win
Well, Godzilla is not the kaiju he was in 2014. KOTM Godzilla is very, very powerful. The increase in size, and some of the feats he does in KOTM makes me believe he'll be able to take on both MUTOs and tear them apart. Kong should at least be more powerful than the Jishin Mushi to give Godzilla real challege, which is what I am hoping for.

Added in 8 minutes 32 seconds:
ultrazilla wrote:I personally don't think Kong's strike power could put a dent on Godzilla, after all it withstood a multi mega ton nuke point blank, survived a
Spoiler:
fall from the orbit
which would literally flatten titanium and goes to show how ridiculously dense and strong his bone structure is. What could Kong's punches or kicks do to him really? The ape lacks pointy horns or sharp claws that serve as penetrating weapon, so the way I see Kong overcomes the problem is to either forge strong durable weapons on the go or go for strangulation. Play smart, use the versatility of his limbs, be agile and in combination with his power it can go far. Go in RAW WWE style with Goji is simply suicidal, we've seen how easily a 355 ft Godzilla overpowered a 300 ft tall Fem Muto in a matter of few seconds just by head on collision, imagine what a almost 400 ft tall, much bulkier Godzilla would do now.
We don't know how strong Kong's striking power is. If he's strong as Godzilla, he'll be able to do some damage.

The Octopus
G-Grasper

Post by The Octopus »

Vandarker wrote:Well, Godzilla is not the kaiju he was in 2014.
Kong is not the same Kaiju he was in 2017 neither. Since then he's been training in Siberia all to the tune of Heart's on Fire" by John Cafferty .

Olzh26
Interpol Agent

Post by Olzh26 »

ultrazilla wrote:I personally don't think Kong's strike power could put a dent on Godzilla, after all it withstood a multi mega ton nuke point blank, survived a
Spoiler:
fall from the orbit
the explosion was not megaton, it was kiloton. It is possible that after the explosion Godzilla was almost dead, but the radiation immediately healed him.
Spoiler:
after falling from orbit, he was almost dead, and if it were not for Mothra, he would have died
. Godzilla was badly hurt by the blows of the muto. then Kong's blows can also harm him

Added in 5 minutes 36 seconds:
Vandarker wrote:
Well, Godzilla is not the kaiju he was in 2014. KOTM Godzilla is very, very powerful. The increase in size, and some of the feats he does in KOTM makes me believe he'll be able to take on both MUTOs and tear them apart. Kong should at least be more powerful than the Jishin Mushi to give Godzilla real challege, which is what I am hoping for.
his body properties and sensitivity should not have changed
Last edited by Olzh26 on Tue May 28, 2019 5:47 am, edited 2 times in total.