GODZILLA VS. KONG (2020) General Discussion Thread (No Leaks, Unofficial Photos/Vids, etc.)

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
goji89
Sazer

Re: GODZILLA VS. KONG (2020) General Discussion Thread (No Leaks, Unofficial Photos/Vids, etc.)

Post by goji89 »

Giratina93 wrote:... Really people? REALLY?

I get we're all frustrated and annoyed with the lack of actual news from Comic-con, but that's no excuse to derail and spam up the thread this badly. It just isn't. You all should know better.

Everyone who partook in this spam-fest is going to enjoy a warning.
Wait, wait...... this thing was squashed yesterday and yes it was spam but I'm wondering why till now? If it happened yesterday and no one has derailed it since we get warnings?

I think it's wrong but hey this is TK afterall where warnings are given out when the dust has settled.

Demon Lord Gira
Administrator
Administrator

Re: GODZILLA VS. KONG (2020) General Discussion Thread (No Leaks, Unofficial Photos/Vids, etc.)

Post by Demon Lord Gira »

goji89 wrote:

I get we're all frustrated and annoyed with the lack of actual news from Comic-con, but that's no excuse to derail and spam up the thread this badly. It just isn't. You all should know better.

Wait, wait...... this thing was squashed yesterday and yes it was spam but I'm wondering why till now? If it happened yesterday and no one has derailed it since we get warnings?

I think it's wrong but hey this is TK afterall where warnings are given out when the dust has settled.
Because I had no way of knowing it was going on because I was off working all day from last night to just half an hour ago, and the report never got settled. Besides, this never should have happened in the first place. That's all there is to it.

Now, we can resume discussion for the upcoming movie. If you have any complaints on the warnings, feel free to take it up with a fellow admin.
Come read my latest Fanfiction: Daily Life at the Cheshire Cafe

GotengoXGodzilla wrote: It could be said that kaiju regeneration is like human dodging, basically.
GotengoXGodzilla wrote:That's not Mothra, that's an ugly goddamn demon!

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Giratina93 wrote:
goji89 wrote:

Because I had no way of knowing it was going on because I was off working all day from last night to just half an hour ago, and the report never got settled. Besides, this never should have happened in the first place. That's all there is to it.

Now, we can resume discussion for the upcoming movie. If you have any complaints on the warnings, feel free to take it up with a fellow admin.
Who else is there? This is wrong and you know it. Seems your taking out frustrations from work on us.

Tell me who else is on to make a case please.

Demon Lord Gira
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Demon Lord Gira »

... Let's take a hypothetical case here. Let's say you steal something from someone else, and then you decide later on to return it. A day later, the higher ups learn what happened... It's a day after the fact, but they're still going to chew you out for it and possibly punish you for it.

Now, I can't see everything that goes on here 24/7, so some things I can only deal with after the fact, and depending on the severity of it, I may or may not take action. Some slight flame-baiting a few days ago, whatever. But spamming up a whole page or two of a thread is something I won't turn a blind eye to, even a day later. I know you're not happy with it, but... rules are rules.

As for who else you can talk to... SpaceG, Derzerb, SpanishBulldog... they're all fellow admins you can contact if you're not happy. Now, let's get back on topic, please, and if you want to continue this discourse, you can take it to the PM's.
Last edited by Demon Lord Gira on Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Come read my latest Fanfiction: Daily Life at the Cheshire Cafe

GotengoXGodzilla wrote: It could be said that kaiju regeneration is like human dodging, basically.
GotengoXGodzilla wrote:That's not Mothra, that's an ugly goddamn demon!

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

I mean... sure it was a little spammy but it seemed like harmless fun to me. Isn't that what this place is supposed to be?

Added in 9 minutes 45 seconds:
Giratina93 wrote:... Let's take a hypothetical case here. Let's say you steal something from someone else, and then you decide later on to return it. A day later, the higher ups learn what happened... It's a day after the fact, but they're still going to chew you out for it and possibly punish you for it.

Now, I can't see everything that goes on here 24/7, so some things I can only deal with after the fact, and depending on the severity of it, I may or may not take action. Some slight flame-baiting a few days ago, whatever. But spamming up a whole page or two of a thread is something I won't turn a blind eye to, even a day later. I know you're not happy with it, but... rules are rules.

As for who else you can talk to... SpaceG, Derzerb, SpanishBulldog... they're all fellow admins you can contact if you're not happy. Now, let's get back on topic, please, and if you want to continue this discourse, you can take it to the PM's.
I think you are thinking a littttlleeee too deep into people having fun with a funny dog video while we wait for more GvK news. Not really a big deal my man. This is the last I'll say on it.
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Giratina93 wrote:... Let's take a hypothetical case here. Let's say you steal something from someone else, and then you decide later on to return it. A day later, the higher ups learn what happened... It's a day after the fact, but they're still going to chew you out for it and possibly punish you for it.

I would but no one's ever on.

And your hypothetical makes no sense. No one stole anything and no one was hurt by it. You are reading waaay too much into a little spam that went nowhere.

But I'll leave it at that, because last time I pm'ed you you ignored me anyway so yeah.

Ill drop it no sense in speaking to anyone.

Stump Feet
Gotengo Officer

Post by Stump Feet »

Gotta agree with Goji and G21, everything that happened went down yesterday and conversation went right back to normal, we didn't disrupt any discussion before hand and no one was hurt, Arbok was online during that time and chose not to do anything.
*Looks at GKOTM’s box office numbers*
Long Live The Sting

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Overzealous moderation like that leads to nothing but everyone acting like they're stepping on eggshells. If people can't have a little bit of fun for not even an entire page, this place is going to be abandoned quickly.

GoWhaleTours
JXSDF Technician

Post by GoWhaleTours »

Giratina just said to take it to PM. Can we not derail the thread even further? Geez. Came here looking for GvK discussion.
GO GO GOJI KUN

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

GoWhaleTours wrote:Giratina just said to take it to PM. Can we not derail the thread even further? Geez. Came here looking for GvK discussion.
I love when people say a thread is "derailed". It literally takes 7 seconds to scroll past the discussion at hand.

And there isn't really much GvK to discuss. Seems like they are going to hold back a little more on the marketing for this one
SpaceG92 wrote:

KingKong2005
EDF Instructor

Post by KingKong2005 »

Seemed like harmless fun to me, especially considering the thread went back to topic quick :?

Anyone notice that Conan bit used the X-Plus Kong and Neca Godzilla for the size comparison!?
Last edited by KingKong2005 on Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

People being sensitive about a thread that has no news.

I mean the only news was a Conan Dog joke.

I mean..........

Smuggers
EDF Instructor

Post by Smuggers »

Besides, before you know it this thread will have like 300 pages and those posts will be a drop in the bu- oh god it's already at 500 pages
BARAGONBREH wrote:This website is a disturbing commentary on the state of reading comprehension today.
goji89 wrote:Its common courtesy to ask people if they can be quoted.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

I honestly think the fun around here is what prevents all the hate given all the heated conversations and arguing. It makes the forum more of a community more then just bickering.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

GuardianGhido
JXSDF Technician

Post by GuardianGhido »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:I honestly think the fun around here is what prevents all the hate given all the heated conversations and arguing. It makes the forum more of a community more then just bickering.
I thought the bickering and heated conversations was what makes us a community, and the actual discussion was secondary? (With fun being forbidden?)
Last edited by GuardianGhido on Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
DirektorSplennic wrote:Mr Goji, eabaker, and LSD are like the (un)Holy Trinity of Kaiju Kino.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Its preffered if we all just bicker and fight and insult each others opinions here.

GuardianGhido
JXSDF Technician

Post by GuardianGhido »

goji89 wrote:Its preffered if we all just bicker and fight and insult each others opinions here.
Exactly, that's what makes Toho Kingdom what it is. So let's get back to it shall we?

Sure you might think that it's preferred, but we also participate in actual discussion as well, and the mods and admins certainly disagree, so that can't be right.

(Am I getting too meta?)
Last edited by GuardianGhido on Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
DirektorSplennic wrote:Mr Goji, eabaker, and LSD are like the (un)Holy Trinity of Kaiju Kino.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

GuardianGhido wrote:
goji89 wrote:Its preffered if we all just bicker and fight and insult each others opinions here.
Exactly, that's what makes Toho Kingdom what it is. So let's get back to it shall we?

Sure you might think that it's preferred, but we also participate in actual discussion as well, and the mods and admins certainly disagree, so that can't be right.

(Am I getting too meta?)
yes,yes you are. anyway i think we need to let bygones be bygones for the time being and put this in the past. Giratina said it was spam,you got warnings. i will be honest though i do agree with 89 that it's almost impossible to find an Admin here because they almost never appear besides Arbok. i wish they showed up more. i know they have other real life things to deal with but still.
Last edited by Gigantis on Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

KingKaiju
Futurian

Post by KingKaiju »

Saw this on Reddit. I like the size difference.

But yeah... I'm with everyone else on here. That was a bit much for a little big of bickering. But whatever, if mods wanna hand that shit out, then whatever. A couple jokes is some real serious business.

But yeah, so... Godzilla vs. Kong. How big is Kong gonna be, guys?
Last edited by KingKaiju on Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

KingKaiju wrote: But yeah, so... Godzilla vs. Kong. How big is Kong gonna be, guys?
Don't know what can really be said that hasnt been said 5,000 times.

I think waiting till we get more info until I speculate further
SpaceG92 wrote: