GODZILLA VS. KONG (2020) General Discussion Thread (No Leaks, Unofficial Photos/Vids, etc.)

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Dr. Professor
Futurian

Re: GODZILLA VS. KONG (2020) General Discussion Thread (No Leaks, Unofficial Photos/Vids, etc.)

Post by Dr. Professor »

KaijuCanuck wrote:It would be so awesome to have Kong’s introduction be a Skull Crawler as big as Ramarak chasing the Monarch team or whoever on SI - only for adult Kong to like pick it up, and just one-shot it against a rock or something.
Or he could like rip it in half.
Resized Image
(Art by Lisa Naffziger)

Co-host (Nick) of G-Force: A Kaiju Podcast
Twitter | Instagram | Facebook

RIP Evan A. Baker :serizawa:

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Re: GODZILLA VS. KONG (2020) General Discussion Thread (No Leaks, Unofficial Photos/Vids, etc.)

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Dr. Professor wrote:
KaijuCanuck wrote:It would be so awesome to have Kong’s introduction be a Skull Crawler as big as Ramarak chasing the Monarch team or whoever on SI - only for adult Kong to like pick it up, and just one-shot it against a rock or something.
Or wipe his ass with it.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:
Dr. Professor wrote:
Or wipe his ass with it.
All wonderful ideas.

KingKong2005
EDF Instructor

Post by KingKong2005 »

I actually would like Godzilla to have more color. A lighter underside, spines being colored lighter on the outside. Also, I think Kong should fight Rodan (assuming he lives) and maybe a Muto as well at the same time. That'd show the GA he's generally on Godzilla's level imo. What do you guys think?
Image Image

Shadowfyre
Monarch Researcher

Post by Shadowfyre »

I think Rodan would set King on fire.

Dr. Professor
Futurian

Post by Dr. Professor »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:
Dr. Professor wrote:
Or wipe his ass with it.
Sounds hot.
KingKong2005 wrote:I actually would like Godzilla to have more color. A lighter underside, spines being colored lighter on the outside. Also, I think Kong should fight Rodan (assuming he lives) and maybe a Muto as well at the same time. That'd show the GA he's generally on Godzilla's level imo. What do you guys think?
I would genuinely love to see Kong fight Rodan.
Last edited by Dr. Professor on Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Resized Image
(Art by Lisa Naffziger)

KingKong2005
EDF Instructor

Post by KingKong2005 »

Dr. Professor wrote:
KingKong2005 wrote:I actually would like Godzilla to have more color. A lighter underside, spines being colored lighter on the outside. Also, I think Kong should fight Rodan (assuming he lives) and maybe a Muto as well at the same time. That'd show the GA he's generally on Godzilla's level imo. What do you guys think?
I would genuinely love to see Kong fight Rodan.
Yeah me too! I think the reason this would work is because Rodan is more than likely going to 1v1 Godzilla in KOTM and he'll definetly have Godzilla on the ropes in the battle (Rodan's tough asf), so seeing Kong fair better against Rodan would be a good reason as to why he's able to take Godzilla (I think having a Muto in the battle solidifies the audience of this).
Shadowfyre wrote:I think Rodan would set King on fire.
Really? I don't know, Kong should have a pretty thick skin by 2020.
Image Image

Shadowfyre
Monarch Researcher

Post by Shadowfyre »

He will still have fur.

KingKong2005
EDF Instructor

Post by KingKong2005 »

Shadowfyre wrote:He will still have fur.
Which would burn. He's not going to become a fireball though, remember K:SI?
Image Image

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Post by gottatalktothefake »

I really hope they subvert the stupid "Underdog always wins" trope.
GojiSquid wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:58 am TBF if a movie has a sex scene without a monster mash, then is it really a graveyard smash?

Moogabunga
EDF Instructor

Post by Moogabunga »

gottatalktothefake wrote:I really hope they subvert the stupid "Underdog always wins" trope.
Preach!

Shadowfyre
Monarch Researcher

Post by Shadowfyre »

I hope Kong breaks his wrists hitting Godzilla. And I'm not trying to start a flame war, because Kong would lose that as well : )
Last edited by Shadowfyre on Sun Dec 16, 2018 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mvp9056
Monarch Researcher

Post by mvp9056 »

^Do you really want that to happen? Considering there wouldn't be a fight then.

Dr. Professor
Futurian

Post by Dr. Professor »

I'm just gonna root for whoever is positioned as the "good guy". I prefer Godzilla over Mothra but would I ever want Godzilla to beat Mothra? Nah, son. Cause any time they fight, Godzilla's the bad guy. I prefer Godzilla over Kong, but if Kong is the good guy then go Kong!
Resized Image
(Art by Lisa Naffziger)

Mr_Goji_and_Watch
EDF Instructor

Post by Mr_Goji_and_Watch »

Kong is gonna beat the shit out of Godzilla and it's gonna be glorious
Moogabunga wrote:Ive said it before and I'll gladly say it again, this is going to be the best Godzilla film ever and more importantly, its going to be the film that truly makes Godzilla mainstream (and cool)
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:I'm glad to be a fake fan.

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

I don't mind who wins, as long as that result makes sense in the story and is satisfying.

Moogabunga
EDF Instructor

Post by Moogabunga »

Dr. Professor wrote:I'm just gonna root for whoever is positioned as the "good guy". I prefer Godzilla over Mothra but would I ever want Godzilla to beat Mothra? Nah, son. Cause any time they fight, Godzilla's the bad guy. I prefer Godzilla over Kong, but if Kong is the good guy then go Kong!
Well the good guy should be Godzilla...unless the writers room went full jacka*s and changed Godzilla's personality in this universe. Godzilla will have saved the entire world not once, but twice. Godzilla is also shown fighting along side the military and the main characters, the Russells, seem to like him (cue Millie smiling at end of first trailer)

Dr. Professor
Futurian

Post by Dr. Professor »

Moogabunga wrote:
Dr. Professor wrote:I'm just gonna root for whoever is positioned as the "good guy". I prefer Godzilla over Mothra but would I ever want Godzilla to beat Mothra? Nah, son. Cause any time they fight, Godzilla's the bad guy. I prefer Godzilla over Kong, but if Kong is the good guy then go Kong!
Well the good guy should be Godzilla...unless the writers room went full jacka*s and changed Godzilla's personality in this universe. Godzilla will have saved the entire world not once, but twice. Godzilla is also shown fighting along side the military and the main characters, the Russells, seem to like him (cue Millie smiling at end of first trailer)
I was speaking hypothetically, my dude. I'm just saying exactly what KaijuCanuck just said.
KaijuCanuck wrote:I don't mind who wins, as long as that result makes sense in the story and is satisfying.
So if the story happens to call for Kong to win, then that's who I want to win. Again, I'm speaking hypothetically here. I'm not saying that's what's gonna happen.
Resized Image
(Art by Lisa Naffziger)

KingKong2005
EDF Instructor

Post by KingKong2005 »

Moogabunga wrote:
I think both will be good. Godzilla unknowingly kills (and saves) humans, Kong goes out of his way to protect humans. He sees Godzilla stepping on humans, he'd try to get Godzilla away from them and Godzilla would sense Kong as a threat (which he totally is). There's your reason as to why they'd fight. Then you got plain haters like shadow haha
Image Image

mvp9056
Monarch Researcher

Post by mvp9056 »

He's been established as an outright protector in this universe, per his bio in the Skull Island comic. Besides the synopsis makes it sound like forces beyond their control are what's going to cause them to fight.