GODZILLA VS. KONG (2020) General Discussion Thread (No Leaks, Unofficial Photos/Vids, etc.)

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
RamshackleRanger
Futurian

Re: GODZILLA VS. KONG (2020) General Discussion Thread

Post by RamshackleRanger »

KingKaiju wrote:
ernesth100 wrote:
KingKaiju wrote:I read that principal photography is supposed to start on October 1!! Woohoo!!!!
Sounds about accurate. To be honest anyone with a frontal lobe can deduce that principal photography and pre-production will likely take place from October-January.
I wouldn't say that. I've seen people on social media legitimately believe that they're still going to sneak in Destoroyah, or some other heisei kaiju into that film...
... What does that have to do with the date that principal photography is starting?

KingKaiju
Futurian

Post by KingKaiju »

SenseiTeriyakiV wrote:
KingKaiju wrote:
ernesth100 wrote: Sounds about accurate. To be honest anyone with a frontal lobe can deduce that principal photography and pre-production will likely take place from October-January.
I wouldn't say that. I've seen people on social media legitimately believe that they're still going to sneak in Destoroyah, or some other heisei kaiju into that film...
... What does that have to do with the date that principal photography is starting?
Because they have no idea that, when a film has started filming, or starting to film, giant changes or additions to that story are very unlikely. Besides, I doubt that general audiences have any idea how this shit actually works.
Last edited by KingKaiju on Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ernesth100
E.S.P.Spy

Post by ernesth100 »

Time For Some Quick Questions!

Q1: Would You Rather Have All New Kaiju Or See The Return Of Rodan And Mothra In This Film Provided They Survive KOTM?
Q2: Do you think the damage from Godzilla's battle in KOTM will effect his battle performance in GvKK?
Q3: Would You Be Open To There Only Being One Godzilla vs Kong Battle In The Film? Or Would You Rather Have More?
Follow The #MoreMonsterVerse Twitter Movement!

Link: https://twitter.com/ExpandtheMV?s=09

We Can Make A Difference! Fans Have A Voice!

morgoth
G-Force Personnel

Post by morgoth »

I'll be hyped for this film on June 1, 2019. For now I'm super hyped for G:KOTM.
"The wait was not a long one."

"The Devil has three heads."

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

Post by PitchBlackProgress »

ernesth100 wrote:Time For Some Quick Questions!

Q1: Would You Rather Have All New Kaiju Or See The Return Of Rodan And Mothra In This Film Provided They Survive KOTM?
Spoiler:
I’d love to see Rodan and the other GKOTM Titans, but I also
Q2: Do you think the damage from Godzilla's battle in KOTM will effect his battle performance in GvKK?
Kong doesn’t stand a chance
Q3: Would You Be Open To There Only Being One Godzilla vs Kong Battle In The Film? Or Would You Rather Have More?
I don’t care.
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

batzilla
Monarch Researcher

Post by batzilla »

Things are gearing up in Hawaii...

Mod Edit: Removed that tweet, sorry everybody. We were asked to take down unofficial photos like those during Kong: Skull Island's filming so we have to do it for this one too.
Last edited by GodEmperorGabara on Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JGAR
Futurian

Re: GODZILLA VS. KONG (2020) General Discussion Thread (No Leaks, Unofficial Photos/Vids, etc.)

Post by JGAR »

Where the hell is the cast?!

Did Danai Gurira join the film then? This film is low key becoming one of the most secretive when it comes to its cast. With KOTM, we had multiple people cast already at this point in pre-production.
Yooo 8-)

Godzilla2000Zero
Gotengo Officer

Re: GODZILLA VS. KONG (2020) General Discussion Thread (No Leaks, Unofficial Photos/Vids, etc.)

Post by Godzilla2000Zero »

JGAR wrote:Where the hell is the cast?!

Did Danai Gurira join the film then? This film is low key becoming one of the most secretive when it comes to its cast. With KOTM, we had multiple people cast already at this point in pre-production.
Same thing happened with G14 they confirmed the cast when they began filming.
I never worked this hard all my life since the time I lost my virginity.-Gareth Edwards SDCC 2012

Dv-218
Futurian

Post by Dv-218 »

I just assumed that they are being secretive on Godzilla vs Kong right now due to them focusing on marketing KOTM, since it comes out sooner.
That way, they can do major hype-boost for GvK after KOTM is released- due to all of the info that will be revealed.

Godzilla2000Zero
Gotengo Officer

Yeah I would how they're going word the plot synopsis can't since we don't officially know the plot for KOTM. ;)
Best thing they can is
After the world changing events of Godzilla: King of The Monsters Godzilla collides with Kong in a climatic battle to reigns supreme as the Apex Predator.
I never worked this hard all my life since the time I lost my virginity.-Gareth Edwards SDCC 2012

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

Godzilla2000Zero wrote:Yeah I would how they're going word the plot synopsis can't since we don't officially know the plot for KOTM. ;)
Best thing they can is
After the world changing events of Godzilla: King of The Monsters Godzilla collides with Kong in a climatic battle to reigns supreme as the Apex Predator.
trying to read this gave me a concussion

Godzilla2000Zero
Gotengo Officer

Really how so

SpanishBulldog63
Administrator
Administrator

Post by SpanishBulldog63 »

Godzillian wrote:
Godzilla2000Zero wrote:Yeah I would how they're going word the plot synopsis can't since we don't officially know the plot for KOTM. ;)
Best thing they can is
trying to read this gave me a concussion
Trying to flamebait gave you a warning. Don't do it again.
NSZ wrote:Well thanks, GVJ, now I can't not picture Sal being voiced by Geoff Ramsey. :lol:
"-what they don't know won't hurt 'em... until they're dead."
Resized Image

jrock
GPN Volunteer

Post by jrock »

ernesth100 wrote: Q1: Would You Rather Have All New Kaiju Or See The Return Of Rodan And Mothra In This Film Provided They Survive KOTM?
The only idea I like of bringing in additional Kajiu into this movie would be to illustrate just how uncontrollable Godzilla has become to this point in time, in doing so it gives more validation for Kong being forced to step in and confront Godzilla.

I would personally like to see Kong and Godzilla square off one on one. (Force of Nature vs. Protector of Nature) You can have the Military consistently trying to tip the advantage to Kong's favor, knowing how huge of underdog Kong is. I would like to see Kong(in ala Rocky type of performance) somehow fight through a series of trial and error battles with Godzilla just hard enough in the final battle to able to drive Godzilla away from Humanity for the time being, but in doing so Kong loses his life. :huge:
ernesth100 wrote: Q2: Do you think the damage from Godzilla's battle in KOTM will effect his battle performance in GvKK?
Nah, it would have to be some sort of continuous negative effect that would be overriding his ability to regenerate wounds from previous battles via from nuclear energy or something to that effect. Although we don't know that any of those abilities exist in this universe, it has always been a broad theme in most of his past movies with toho, so it wouldn't surprise me if it is introduced to us in GKOM.
ernesth100 wrote: Q3: Would You Be Open To There Only Being One Godzilla vs Kong Battle In The Film? Or Would You Rather Have More?
Must be multiple. Godzilla > Kong, so for Kong to have any realistic chance to me and to make this as realistic as possible; Kong needs to be engaging and retreating. This can show Kong's advantage in intelligence and in the same swing demonstrate Godzilla's large power advantage over Kong. Then you can wrap it up in an epic final battle once Kong is forced into a final decision.
Last edited by jrock on Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:39 am, edited 7 times in total.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Im still surprised we haven't gotten more news thus far especially with production quickly approaching. Regardless we should start getting more concrete info in the next couple weeks.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

vibramrunner
JXSDF Technician

Post by vibramrunner »

ernesth100 wrote:Time For Some Quick Questions!

In the event of an out-of-control Godzilla, I'd like to see him wipe out another monster before battling Kong. I don't know how I remember this, but I remember reading an old Primal Rage (SNES video game) comic where Armaddon (similar to Anguilar) gets into a fight with Diablo (t-rex with fire) that was really well done, and in the end Armaddon loses and gets his tailed burned off (!!) by Diablo. I think that would be a hard PG-14 kind of thing a Godzilla movie could get away with -- i.e. no blood because the wound is immediately cauterized. Basically I feel like if Kong fighting Godzilla is the apex of the movie and not a team-up, we should get a warm-up bout to establish one or both monsters. And I'd like it to be a physical match, so that mostly rules out flying monsters like Rodan or Mothra.

That said, I can see at least Mothra making a re-appearance to tip the scales in favor of Kong -- again if Godzilla is the one needing to be "stopped" in this movie.

Gooblamon
Samurai

Post by Gooblamon »

For the love of all hell, do not make Godzilla the villain. It's terrible and cheap writing. It doesn't fit in at all with Godzilla's character from the previous two films at all (including King of Monsters)

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

^ this

RIP Evan.

vibramrunner
JXSDF Technician

Post by vibramrunner »

I don't disagree with either of you really. Really curious to see what direction they actually go in for this movie.

KillCrites
Interpol Agent

Post by KillCrites »

I'm perfectly fine with Godzilla becoming a villain if it has a reasonable, well-written explanation.
why did i have to be the chosen one?