GODZILLA VS. KONG (2020) General Discussion Thread (No Leaks, Unofficial Photos/Vids, etc.)

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Dawsbfiremind
EDF Instructor

Re: GODZILLA VS. KONG (2020) General Discussion Thread

Post by Dawsbfiremind »

Oy gevalt, get off Second's case for once in a movie. He's a got a thread now made by the Mod Emperor Leto II. Happy?

*Sigh* Continue speculation...
goji89 wrote:
Dawsbfiremind wrote:People have asked me how I can want to be a writer
With skills like this......I wonder too.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:Holy mother of Bagan we actually are stuck in limbo.
TK drinking game official rules.
https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... 0#p1564587

GodEmperorGabara
The Modfather
The Modfather

Post by GodEmperorGabara »

Godzilla21 wrote:
Giratina93 wrote:... being told who's working on the movie is nothing of value? Yet blind theorizing with nothing to go off of is? Seems pretty weird when you ask me...
Its not that its nothing of value. But there are hundreds of people that work on these films and we don't need an update on each and every one of them. I fully support his effort to update the cast and crew but I vote for it to be in its own separate thread. maybe we can take a vote? I vote no.
I already made a thread for GvK Cast/Crew updates not too long ago. After mulling over my choices, I just decided to stop overthinking things and just go with something.
I hate you eternally now Derzerb, I hope you know this.
<3

Made a Discord server, feel free to message me if you're interested.

mvp9056
Monarch Researcher

Post by mvp9056 »

Just found this cool little video on youtube. It'd be cool if marketing was something like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDuzHec ... e=youtu.be

Added in 1 hour 16 minutes 11 seconds:
What do you guys think of the size difference in this video?
Last edited by mvp9056 on Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:17 am, edited 2 times in total.

LegendaryGoji
Monarch Researcher

Post by LegendaryGoji »

That title logo is brilliant.
THE DEVIL HAS THREE HEADS

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

mvp9056 wrote:Just found this cool little video on youtube. It'd be cool if marketing was something like this.

Size difference looks functional, I’d be okay with that.

ernesth100
E.S.P.Spy

Post by ernesth100 »

KaijuCanuck wrote:
mvp9056 wrote:Just found this cool little video on youtube. It'd be cool if marketing was something like this.

Size difference looks functional, I’d be okay with that.
Agreed big enough to punch and grapple G but not so big that it's non functional.
Follow The #MoreMonsterVerse Twitter Movement!

Link: https://twitter.com/ExpandtheMV?s=09

We Can Make A Difference! Fans Have A Voice!

G.Escanor
Yojimbo

Post by G.Escanor »

I would like them to be the same size and height, or have Kong be just be negligibly shorter, but have him be physically superior to Godzilla, forcing G to use his atomic breath more often.
ShinEscanor156

KingKong2005
EDF Instructor

Post by KingKong2005 »

G.Escanor wrote:I would like them to be the same size and height, or have Kong be just be negligibly shorter, but have him be physically superior to Godzilla, forcing G to use his atomic breath more often.
I feel like if G uses his atomic breath enough (some hits successful, others not so much), he'll tire out as well. So this battle would have Kong and Godzilla be so extremely tired, after one has been defeated (not killed) the other would drop to their knees in exhaustion.
Image Image

G.Escanor
Yojimbo

Post by G.Escanor »

KingKong2005 wrote:
G.Escanor wrote:I would like them to be the same size and height, or have Kong be just be negligibly shorter, but have him be physically superior to Godzilla, forcing G to use his atomic breath more often.
I feel like if G uses his atomic breath enough (some hits successful, others not so much), he'll tire out as well. So this battle would have Kong and Godzilla be so extremely tired, after one has been defeated (not killed) the other would drop to their knees in exhaustion.
That's a pretty dope idea too!
ShinEscanor156

KingKaiju
Futurian

Post by KingKaiju »

I kind of want the fight to be like Mothra and Godzilla fighting in Tokyo SOS, where Gpdzilla gets everything but he kitchen sink thrown at him, but because he’s so damn durable, he just takes it and takes it till his opponent is completely drained. Then he just opens up a can of whoop ass, Diaz brother style.

vibramrunner
JXSDF Technician

Post by vibramrunner »

KingKong2005 wrote:
In my head-canon, that's what happened at the end of G'14 when he collapses. He was gravely injured otherwise, but still.

G.Escanor
Yojimbo

Post by G.Escanor »

vibramrunner wrote:
KingKong2005 wrote:
In my head-canon, that's what happened at the end of G'14 when he collapses. He was gravely injured otherwise, but still.
I also forgot to add the novelization of the movie having explained the reason Godzilla's atomic breath was not as potent. In the novel, it was thought that the EMP abilities of the MUTOs had tampered with Godzilla's ability to use his atomic breath and thus he had to rely mostly on his physical superiority. Aside from the idea that using his atomic breath seemingly drains him, the idea that we are simply not seeing it at it's optimal use means that he could pose a much greater threat to Kong or other Kaiju if he is not injured or drained of energy. Then again, the novelization's explanation won't be confirmed until the later installments of the franchise are released and we see Godzilla go all out.
ShinEscanor156

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

The novel’s explanation is already non-canon as it’s based on an outdated script.

vibramrunner
JXSDF Technician

Post by vibramrunner »

^Could be! Much like the comic book, I think they'll just use what they like and leave the rest.

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

Post by PitchBlackProgress »

So this video opened my eyes a bit, WHAT IF Kong gets bigger than Godzilla…
Sounds crazy, I know, but it’d exceed expectation.
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

Kong To Be BIGGER Than Godzilla?

So I know this’ll sound crazy since most of you are in the opinion that Kong will be the underdog in the upcoming Godzilla VS. Kong… but what if Godzilla doesn’t tower over Kong? What if while Godzilla has the atomic breath advantage, Kong has the size advantage?
Remember, Godzilla’s a fully grown adult, while Kong’s still growing, and we have no idea how Kong’s growth rate works in this universe, so anything can happen.
What do you think? Could you or would you want to see a potentially gargantuan Kong in the MonsterVerse, or are you against it?

Let’s start a discussion.
Last edited by PitchBlackProgress on Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Re: Kong To Be BIGGER Than Godzilla?

Post by Maritonic »

A. There's no proof of this. At all. This is purely speculation.
B. Why did this leave the Kong vs. Godzilla thread? It was perfectly fine there.
C. Just. Why.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

Agreed. But that said... this would be a good way to help balance. I mean, I still feel like it'd be like Schwarzenegger bare-fisted vs. Stallone with a gun- there's still a disparity there inherent to a trump card like atomic breath- but that would help bridge the gap a bit.
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

Maritonic wrote:A. There's no proof of this. At all. This is purely speculation.
B. Why did this leave the Kong vs. Godzilla thread? It was perfectly fine there.
C. Just. Why.
A. Yeah, no shit, it’s a speculation thread.

B. It just did.

C. Because it’s an unperposed idea? And we’re all about speculation, really stupid question there…

Anyway, I basically ripped the idea from here so if you want reasoning for this “crackpot theory” here it is

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_3d35IY6XeI
#slatternking

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

PitchBlackProgress wrote:
Maritonic wrote:A. There's no proof of this. At all. This is purely speculation.
C. Just. Why.
A. Yeah, no shit, it’s a speculation thread.

B. It just did.

C. Because it’s an unperposed idea? And we’re all about speculation, really stupid question there…

Anyway, I basically ripped the idea from here so if you want reasoning for this “crackpot theory” here it is

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_3d35IY6XeI
Cool your jets.

This is the kind of discussion that belongs in the Kong vs. Godzilla thread not having it's own thread. I also never said it was a "crackpot theory". At all. I was questioning why it was given it's own thread.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.