What "Godzilla" monsters do you want in the reboots?

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Tyler Kuykendall
Ronin

What "Godzilla" monsters do you want in the reboots?

Post by Tyler Kuykendall »

Here's my list of monsters that I think would be coolest to see in CGI. King Ghidorah, Mothra and Rodan are confirmed to be in the U.S. series, and if there's a sequel based on "Destroy All Monsters" like Gareth Edwards expressed interest in making, it's impossible for me to picture Anguirus being left out.

#01- Kumonga (for a "Destroy All Monsters"-inspired sequel)
#02- Gigan, "Final Wars"-esque
#03- Destroyah
#04- Monster X (not as Ghidorah)
#05- Kiryu MechaGodzilla
#06- King Caesar
#07- Orga
#08- Megaguirus
#09- Baragon (for a "Destroy All Monsters"-inspired sequel)

djkgoji
GPN Volunteer

Re: What "Godzilla" monsters do you want in the reboots?

Post by djkgoji »

I won't put them in any sort of order, but I do have a wish list beyond the Big 4 you mentioned.

Hedorah
Biollante
Manda
Kumonga
Dogora
Kamoeba
"Is he strong?" No, not really. He's got radioactive blood, after all.

Futurian

Post by 3000 »

If they could make a sort of "Godzilla vs Biollante" remake i'd be pretty happy. Different story, same tone, scarier more formidable Biollante. yuhh
Member of TK Since 2006

KaijuFiend
Rainbowzilla

Post by KaijuFiend »

Anguirus
Biollante
Orga
Gigan
Varan
Hedorah

For Orga and Gigan, their designs tie in nicely with the MUTOs. Meaning that, if they wanted to make them part MUTO, they could. Gigan could even be some experimental cyborg made by a human villain/villains with MUTO DNA. With Ghidorah coming to Earth, the possibility of MUTO cells mutating in space is there, giving us a more MUTO-styled Orga. But of course those are just a couple ideas I have. There are plenty of ways to do them.

Variola
JXSDF Technician

Post by Variola »

Biollante
Anguirus
Kumonga
Destoroyah

Underworld54
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Underworld54 »

I want all original monsters, no retreads.
Sadly, I must make you aware that anything I say is my opinion.

Contrary to popular belief, I did like Godzilla 2014

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

Mechagodzilla. With plate armor
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

Kaijunator
Xilien Halfling

Post by Kaijunator »

MechaGodzilla
Anguirus
Mecha-King Ghidorah
DESTOROYAH!!
If you have digital copy codes for movies you want to give away, I'll gladly take them! :)
Dillyziller wrote:Evangelion 4.0: This is (not) a joke

It opens with Shinji, Asuka, and Rei walking along the lifeless, red earth. Suddenly the ground begins to shake.
Godzilla bursts from the ground, killing the 3 pilots. Godzilla will then battle his newest opponent...
parental issues.
TitanoGoji16 wrote:"Do you think C-Rex and FeMUTO could make sweet love down by the fire and give birth to Gabara?"
Best song ever.
YouTube!

Xx_The_Masquerade_xX
Futurian

Post by Xx_The_Masquerade_xX »

Anguirus
Biollante

That's really it. The rest i'd rather not seeing again.. Of course Rodan and King Ghidorah would be on this list if Legendary didn't have them.

Mr. X
Keizer

Post by Mr. X »

I'd like to see some more of the "natural" kaiju, like Anguirus or Baragon or Manda. Or Gorosaurus if they're doing a Godzilla/Kong cinematic universe. Gareth liked the concept of DAM and Monster Island, I'd just love to see something like that in this universe.

Wouldn't be opposed to Biollante either.
G2000 wrote:
2004Zilla wrote:May God have mercy on this site.
He's given up
2009MECHAGODZILLA wrote:
G2000 wrote:What about leeks? Can we post leeks?

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... 3/Leek.jpg
http://orig02.deviantart.net/f900/f/201 ... 9nqjrv.png

Young Guy
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Young Guy »

Manda
Maguma
Gezora
The Gargantuas
Anguirus
Battra
Orga
SEA BARAGON!!!!!!!!!! Meh, he'd be kinda cool.
Dogora
And a "Mecha" version of an already existing kaiju who hasn't had one. MechaAnguirus would be rad! Bit of a stretch, though.

Kaijunator
Xilien Halfling

Post by Kaijunator »

Young Guy wrote: And a "Mecha" version of an already existing kaiju who hasn't had one. MechaAnguirus would be rad! Bit of a stretch, though.
Imagine a MechaDestoroyah. That would be the bee's knees.
If you have digital copy codes for movies you want to give away, I'll gladly take them! :)
Dillyziller wrote:Evangelion 4.0: This is (not) a joke

It opens with Shinji, Asuka, and Rei walking along the lifeless, red earth. Suddenly the ground begins to shake.
Godzilla bursts from the ground, killing the 3 pilots. Godzilla will then battle his newest opponent...
parental issues.
TitanoGoji16 wrote:"Do you think C-Rex and FeMUTO could make sweet love down by the fire and give birth to Gabara?"
Best song ever.
YouTube!

Tohosaurus
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Tohosaurus »

Tyler Kuykendall wrote: King Ghidorah, Mothra and Rodan are confirmed to be in the U.S. series, and if there's a sequel based on "Destroy All Monsters" like Gareth Edwards expressed interest in making, it's impossible for me to picture Anguirus being left out.
Edwards had more said that he liked the Monsterland idea in DAM, not that he wanted to remake Destroy All Monsters. I mean he could and might, but the quote that people source did not state that. I think it was misinterpreted and spread quickly.

Anyway, I'll answer it by setting aside monsters that would be titular opponents like Biollante or such, and focus on Monster Island/Monsterland sorts of monsters previously featured in Toho movies:

- Kumonga
- Manda
- Anguirus
- Kamacuras (would like to see a large swarm rather than a few, providing a unique threat to larger top tier monsters like Godzilla or Rodan)
- Kamoebas
- Giant Condor (have a flock similar to Kamacuras, though a single film could probably support only one of these two)
- Gorosaurus
- Baragon
- Titanosaurus (probaly a more unique and therefore better stand-in for Gorosaurus)

I'd kind of want to see a setup of two or more islands that would allow for sea scenes that include monsters that would be otherwise difficult to integrate into the on-land scenery, such as:

- Oodaku
- Ebirah
- Ganimes
- Gezora
- Manda (again)
- Kamoebas (again)

Plus original kaiju like a shark kaiju, etc. But that's discussion I should probably leave to this thread: http://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewto ... 14&t=15705

Monsters like Rodan or Mothra are IMO top tier monsters that should be somewhat removed from the island setting.
Young Guy wrote: And a "Mecha" version of an already existing kaiju who hasn't had one. MechaAnguirus would be rad! Bit of a stretch, though.
Kaijunator wrote: Imagine a MechaDestoroyah. That would be the bee's knees.
I want to have that discussion, but for the sake of staying on topic I'm making a thread for it: http://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewto ... 0#p1313950
고질라

한국, 일본: 친교

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. -Ian Maclaren

Giga Kaiju
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Giga Kaiju »

Biollante ranks up up high from the 'unnatural' kaiju that I'd like to see in these movies. Seems awesome and potentiality incarnate to add her to the world of G14.

Others, 'natural monsters' could be kaiju like Titanosaurus, Anguirus, Baragon, etc.
UNSTOPPABLE FURY. UNTHINKABLE POWER. UNBREAKABLE WILL.
tymon wrote:Man, it really makes me laugh when I remember that all this drama is centered around a fictional, giant atomic monster. Damn you, Godzilla!
Gawdziller wrote:Doesn't matter what's moot or not. We'll just move onto the next thing to bitch about, then tangent onto something unrelated and bitch about that, and get trollbaited back on topic so we can bitch some more. It's the circle of life.

M.o.g.u.e.r.a14
EDF Instructor

Post by M.o.g.u.e.r.a14 »

Anguirus
Baragon
Moguera (The JSDF mech)
Jet Jaguar
Gigan
And Megalon.
Fan of Godzilla, Pacific Rim, Sailor Moon, and Transformers.
Dezerb wrote: buenos ding dong didily dias senor.
http://i.imgur.com/PpE0DEQ.gif

Moguera14 X Sailor Moon

Cookson
Futurian

Post by Cookson »

Assuming Kong will be involved, I'm posting who I THINK will appear rather than who I want....

King Kong
Manda or Gorosaurus for Kong to fight in Skull Island - This might be more of a want
Rodan - This is obvious because he's already been #RodanConfirmed
Mothra - Same as Rodan
King Ghidorah - Same as Rodan and Mothra
MUTO offspring - It's possible and kind of holds the world together I think... kind of how Gyaos connects everything in the Gamera trilogy
1 or 2 more NEW kaiju - I want the mix of New and Old to continue

I have a feeling the following film will be a Destroy All Monsters.... Godzilla, Kong, Mothra and Rodan taking on Ghidorah, MUTO offspring and a few more new monsters.
"We knew the world would not be the same. Few people laughed, few people cried, most people were silent."~Robert Oppenheimer

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Lain Of The Wired »

I'd love to see Anguirus, Kumonga, and Hedorah again
I really think they could do some badass stuff with a CGI Hedorah too, but the odds of seeing him again is slim unless they plan on expanding the series even more after GvK
Never forget tadpole :godzilla:

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Would love to see some of the Monster Island regulars pop up. Keep Ghidorah as the most outlandish kaiju in this series.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

godzillalives88
Interpol Agent

Post by godzillalives88 »

I'm pretty good with the roster of Toho monsters we're getting but if they were to expand it: Anguirus, Mechagodzilla, Hedorah, and Gigan.

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Hedorah and Biollante are the only ones I'd really want to see aside from more fantastic ones like Gigan.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns