Re: The "Thank The Makers of Godzilla 2014" thread

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Omegazilla
Interpol Agent

Post by Omegazilla »

I won't thank you for changing the tone from 1954 to a somewhat less serious film (my major gripe), but I will thank you for still making a good film for what it is and rejuvenating Godzilla. It looks like this film was just the shot in the arm Godzilla needed to bring him back from the abyss. I had a few gripes like the one I mentioned above, but I still enjoyed the film and it blew the imposter from 1998 out of the water. Despite being a Hollywood blockbuster it didn't feel as cliched as most films this popular are. The production crew and director are talented for sure. Keep up the fine work and we of course are going to look forward to any sequels.

JGAR
Futurian

Post by JGAR »

Thank you to everyone related to the film, you just brought back the Big G into popularity and respect.
Yooo 8-)

the24fan
Yojimbo

Post by the24fan »

So many good posts on here, but along with thanking Gareth Edwards, I would like to give a shout out to Thomas Tull. His passion and enthusiasm for Godzilla was so evident in the way he approached this film. He deserves a big thank you for Godzilla becoming reality.
This movie was everything I had hoped for as a fan. It took me back to my child hood and the days of innocence and no responsibility. Remember a simpler time and riding my bike uptown to catch the Saturday afternoon matinee at the theatre. Just an awesome memory.
Godzilla is everything I wanted. Terrifying and ferocious, and at times almost gentle and soulful. I cant wait to see where you go next with the sequel. But Legendary and GE you have done us proud and I could not be happier.

KaijuDuke
G-Force Personnel

Post by KaijuDuke »

Thank you very much Mr. Edwards and Mr. Tully, you and the rest of the Legendary team have created a truly great cinematic masterpiece that was not only an amazing film experience, but also paid respect to Godzilla's legacy! A truly worthy addition to the Goji mythos that I cannot wait to see again in theaters, and eventually own in my own video library 8-)

I followed the progress of this film for such a long time and grew more and more confident that this time we had an American Godzilla adaptation entrusted to capable hands who loved the Big G as much as we G-fans do, and was so happy to see that it not only lived up to the hype, but blew away my expectations, can't wait to see more of the new Godzilla saga unfold in the years to come. Thanks again for doing Godzilla justice, good luck with the sequel! Keep up the great work :huge: :godzilla:

Godzilla Lover101
Gotengo Officer

Post by Godzilla Lover101 »

To Gareth's team, I send you my thanks and hand shakes. Godzilla is an amazing film and all your hard work has paid off tremendously! What you have created is the best film of the summer, and one of the best films in the entire Godzilla franchise! Nothing really takes away from the film, NOTHING! So I say it again, thank you for not only bringing back our favorite classic monster and treating him and his Kaiju companions properly, but also bringing back this titanic icon of nuclear power that will be relevant to today's mainstream movie goers and shoppers. My only suggestion to you is that I hope you can obtain the right to some classic Toho monsters and then we can have a battle royale. :D

THANK YOU TO EVERYONE EVERYWHERE. THE KING IS BACK!
America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

DaddlerTheDalek
Monarch Researcher

Post by DaddlerTheDalek »

Today I watched the new Godzilla with my Mom. It was just wonderful to watch Big G on the Big Screen for the First Time.
Thank you Gareth Edward!
Tails wrote:You're watching a Poster!

gjohnson
Young Farmer

Post by gjohnson »

I was so impressed with this movie. The story, production, casting, directing, and execution were impeccable. The rendering of the monsters was "faithful" to the past, yet the "new" destination cities they passed through were creatively chosen and masterfully re-created. Using the Ligeti's Atmosphères score for the jump scene was incredible, and yes I am also a fan of 2001: A Space Odyssey.

I'm a lifelong fan of Godzilla, and had to explain to my daughter why I got emotional at the end of the movie. She couldn't quite understand why Godzilla's triumph and survival moved me so. After all, "it's just a monster movie, right dad?" I can tell everyone involved treated with love and respect this "just a monster movie," and I sincerely and reverently thank you for that.

- Greg

Carcosa
Monsterland Worker

Post by Carcosa »

Thanks for creating one of the greatest incarnation of godzilla on screen and bring Bryan Cranston snd Ken Watanabe for the ride as well :). When i saw Godzilla on the big screen, i was all teary eye because i finally witness a godzilla that stay true to his majesty, power and spirit . Thank you so much for all your hardwork.

Biogoji
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Biogoji »

Thank you so much for bringing Goji back. Good luck for the squeal.

MDK
Terminated
Terminated

Post by MDK »

Amazing. Unforgettable. Fantastic.

All of these words describe the gift to the franchise that was released as GODZILLA on May 16, 2014.

To everyone who worked on this film, thank you!
TK's resident O L D S H O W A F A N B O Y who is a salty heisei and sticklegs zilla H A T E R and GINO fan S T E R E O T Y P E R and member who threw a T E M P E R T A N T R U M over Vega
Legion1979 wrote:The Godzilla fandom tends to attract three types of people; ignorant kids, social deviants and drunks in their late '20s and older. Lol
SaltPersonified wrote:Says the one who threw a temper tantrum over Vega
If you're forced ignored with me and you see this because you logged out to read my posts you need a life lol

Noble Saber
Xilien Halfling

Post by Noble Saber »

(Wow, I'm late.)

Thank you for making a movie that we Godzilla Fans have always wanted to see. It was astounding to see Godzilla on the big screen for the first time in 10 years. Good luck on making the sequel.

he-ba
Interpol Agent
Location: Sitting home and chatting with my best friend....... Titanosaurus!!

Post by he-ba »

To everybody working on G14- you have literally made my life complete. This movie was so well done, and I know countless children who absolutely love Godzilla now, some have even taken the liberty to watch older ones as well (and then they try to one up me in facts..... and they all fail.....). You truly won over the hearts of many people in America, forget what the critics say (rule of thumb- NEVER listen to critics). And for the sequels, I say go ahead, just don't screw it up. Keep the themes you put in place, and maybe even try to re-use older Toho monsters, as Toho loved you guys since the start. And thank you for finally allowing a rebooted and American Godzilla into the Toho universe (suck on that, 1998!) Me and my brother went together and we just started crying when he first showed up, and then started cheering so loud at the end I think Nigeria heard it!

I found no flaws in this movie, as every script has a hole our two. Godzilla and the Mutos were excellent, and seeing it in IMAX was one of the greatest experiences I've ever had! This movie was truly beautifully made and executed! And also a thank you for trying to listen to fans and stick in some fandom magic that we all loved to see! Wow, there is so much to say and so much to thank, but here's the gist of this:

Thank you!

And Gareth, good luck on the Star Wars spin-off! I honestly think it will be much better than Episode 7!

-Mike, The biggest Godzilla nerd in upper Bergen County, NJ
TK's resident Titanosaurus super-fan

Maybe Minilla was some mutation inside a Kamacarus' ootheca and that's why they attacked..... Maybe Minilla ISN'T the Son of Godzilla! He's some weird Kamacari that Godzilla felt bad for!

..... Nope, the other guys would never accept that..........

I don't know even know what a he-ba is......

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BIG GUY!!!!!!!!

Gojira tai Mosura
G-Grasper

Post by Gojira tai Mosura »

Thank you, creators of Godzilla 2014
for delivering the worst Godzilla movie I have ever seen.
'Least you brought Goji back. He sure did pack on a few pounds after that decade.
If there is one thing I'd revisit this movie for, it would be the ending fight. That's the only thing I really cared about in the movie after all. That battle was GREAT!

So thank you for having an awesome Godzilla VS MUTO battle at the end.
Gojira Tai Mosura: Clumsiest Toho Kingdom Member Ever.
I disappear for fifteen thousand minutes, come back for two seconds.

pvphook
Ronin

Post by pvphook »

Thanks for making a good "American" Godzilla movie. Turns out second time's the charm. I for one can't wait to see the second movie, that's for sure!
Still the best

Lioconvoy
Samurai

Post by Lioconvoy »

Thank you for making a Godzilla Film that my family could enjoy with out taking away from the Traditional Godzilla feel. Now Make more please ^^

DrBreakfastMachine
Interpol Agent

Post by DrBreakfastMachine »

Thanks to the filmmakers for giving a new generation the chance to see Godzilla done justice on the big screen. Seeing him use his atomic breath on the MUTO made me feel like I was a little kid experiencing Godzilla for the first time again, and that's the greatest praise I can give to a movie like this.

LazerWhale
JXSDF Technician

Post by LazerWhale »

Thank you, Mr. Edwards and all the wonderful people who made this film. You have allowed for the realization of an old childhood dream, which, for the past ten years was merely a fantasy, a promise unfulfilled. Thank you for bringing Godzilla back to that odd little boy who spent his time dreaming about a world where monsters were real. Thank you, for letting the King rise again. May the franchise you build be forever remembered.
Lazer's Art Thread:viewtopic.php?f=19&t=21430&view=viewpoll
My DeviantArt: http://lazerwhale.deviantart.com/
Just because someone likes something you don't, don't treat them poorly for it.
But,
Just because someone doesn't like something you do, don't treat them poorly for it, either.

Lest We Forget

daveblackeye15
EDF Instructor

Post by daveblackeye15 »

Thank you for making Godzilla hard to kill and breathes fire! This is what I wish 12 year old me saw in the theaters and not the Emmerich version!

M.o.g.u.e.r.a14
EDF Instructor

Post by M.o.g.u.e.r.a14 »

Thank you guys so much!
This film is brilliant.

I have alot of merchandise from the film.
I got the blu ray on Christmas.
This is truly the Godzilla film I've and lots others been waiting for.
Fan of Godzilla, Pacific Rim, Sailor Moon, and Transformers.
Dezerb wrote: buenos ding dong didily dias senor.
http://i.imgur.com/PpE0DEQ.gif

Moguera14 X Sailor Moon

Kaijunator
Xilien Halfling

Post by Kaijunator »

Loved it.

IN GARETH EDWARDS WE TRUST!!!!!
If you have digital copy codes for movies you want to give away, I'll gladly take them! :)
Dillyziller wrote:Evangelion 4.0: This is (not) a joke

It opens with Shinji, Asuka, and Rei walking along the lifeless, red earth. Suddenly the ground begins to shake.
Godzilla bursts from the ground, killing the 3 pilots. Godzilla will then battle his newest opponent...
parental issues.
TitanoGoji16 wrote:"Do you think C-Rex and FeMUTO could make sweet love down by the fire and give birth to Gabara?"
Best song ever.
YouTube!