Re: The "Thank The Makers of Godzilla 2014" thread

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Super Angillis
Ronin

Post by Super Angillis »

Thank you for showing us all that a Big Budget Godzilla movie could be done, and awesome. Cranston gave the best performance of the human cast, but everyone else still gave their performances the depth and emotion, and they never overstayed their welcome or felt divorced from the plot with the monsters. The Mutos are a fine addition to Godzilla's rouges gallery, both fitting in with past monsters, and still utterly unique. Godzilla may be secondary to his foes for driving the plot, but he has such a power and a presence that every time you see him on screen it is majestic. My only real complaint is that Godzilla's classic theme was never utilized.

KaijuFiend
Rainbowzilla

Post by KaijuFiend »

This was by far one of the best films of the Godzilla franchise. The original Gojira is the only film that competes with Godzilla 2014 for best film, in my opinion. Beautiful movie that kept me enthralled from beginning to end. The Mutos were a very wise addition, the score was phenomenal, the acting was great, the effects were spectacular, and Gareth's decision to tease Godzilla until the end was a great decision that paid off well. I don't just want to thank Gareth, but everyone who worked on this film and made it the work of art that it is. It is because of everyone involved that America finally has a Godzilla we can be proud of.

AK107DX
Ronin

Post by AK107DX »

Thanks to everyone who made this movie possible! I thoroughly enjoyed it. The depiction of Godzilla was epic and the MUTOs definitely have earned their place in the family of the Daikaiju genre. It's great to have the King of the Monsters back. I hope to see more Godzilla films from you in the future. If a sequel is made Gareth Edwards must be brought back! :mrgreen:

Gamingboy
Yojimbo

Post by Gamingboy »

Edwards, Tull, everyone:

Thank you for bringing Godzilla back to me, and me back to Godzilla.

Long live the King!

KotM311
Monarch Researcher

Post by KotM311 »

Today I see it for the third time, just can´t get enough! :huge:

THANK YOU ALL very much for this movie!!!

Finally, my friends and family can see Godzilla through my fan-eyes :)

Can´t stop the "feed me more chants" in my ears :huge: :huge:

Greyshot151
KWC Contributor

Post by Greyshot151 »

To any Godzilla production member that may read this. You did a fantastic job in the movie. It was thrilling, exciting, well crafted and the audio was superb. I may not have liked certain things but I wouldn't want anyone else to do a sequel except you guys. In Legendary, In Gareth, In every hardworking crew/cast member, we most certainly trust.

P.S. - Gareth I don't think you have to worry about that Canadian Border patrol officer anytime soon. :P
"...A great love is a lot like a good memory. When it's there, and you know it's there, but it's just out of your reach, it can be all that you think about. You can focus on it, and try to force it, but the more you do, the more you seem to push it away. But if you're patient, and you hold still, then maybe... Just maybe... It will come to you."
—Epsilon

Gothicserpent
Gotengo Officer

Post by Gothicserpent »

Thank you so much for bringing back the king of the monsters! Was the film perfect? No. Was it enjoyable? Yes!

Here's hoping that the sequel is just as good or even better!

P.S: A little more Godzilla action next time, please?
"HAY ANGUIRUS"
"WHADDA WANT?"
"SUMPTIN FUNNEH GOIN ON, YOU BETTAH CHECK!"
"OKAY"
GTU wrote:There are so many concept versions of Bagan they could give him his own toyline. That's why I'm banking on a Monsterarts sub-line called SH Baganarts.

RegeneratorGOne1991
Ronin

Post by RegeneratorGOne1991 »

Hey folks, Legendary just confirmed that a Godzilla sequel is in the works! More geekness has entered my heart and I am already anticipating the next film. Hopefully 2-3 years from now we will get the sequel!
RegeneratorGOne1991

Qaenos
GPN Volunteer

Post by Qaenos »

Thank you Gareth Edwards for making the best movie ever. Not just the best Godzilla movie ever, the best movie ever. I'm a 37-year old UAV researcher with a PhD from MIT who's cynical and hasn't liked a summer blockbuster for years. I thought your movie was absolutely brilliant. I'm looking forward to buying the Blu-ray and watching it a hundred times.

Thank you for making me feel proud to be a Godzilla fan. I smiled from ear to ear when my non-Godzilla fan girlfriend called her parents after the movie and told them they "have to see Godzilla, it's amazing".

Thank you for giving Godzilla the PERFECT personality. Call him a hero, a force of nature, or whatever you like, but I absolutely loved him. He's no Elmo, thankfully, but I'm glad you had the balls to go back to the Showa glory days where the audience could cheer for Godzilla without feeling like a sociopath. The fact that you were able to do that AND make the movie serious just astounds me!

Just one criticism - I hate the 2014 Godzilla design. PLEASE give him back his toes and have him look more like the classic Toho Godzilla (e.g. 1964, 1989, 1999). If you made a sequel that had the classic Godzilla look with the 2014 personality, I would be in heaven.

Godzillakuj94
G-Force Personnel

Post by Godzillakuj94 »

Thank you for making this awesome movie!

mr.electric40
Young Farmer

Post by mr.electric40 »

As a fan for over 35 years I was beyond ecstatic to see this film.... I enjoyed it immensely and look forward to seeing more of them being made...

this is a film I will proudly add to my Kaiju collection....

:D

schvanzbass
Interpol Agent

Post by schvanzbass »

I'm a 27 year old fan boy, and Mr. Edwards has accomplished making the American Godzilla film I have wanted to see ever since the 98 movie was announced. Bravo sir, that makes 2 films in a row that you have kicked ass with.
I'm gonna start doing horror/sci-fi/kaiju/exploitation film reviews, check it out won't you?

http://www.facebook.com/michaeljayreviews

XxachiganxX
Samurai

Post by XxachiganxX »

Thank You guys soo much! I remember watching the old films on TV almost every weekend as a kid with my dad. When I first found out about this movie I haven't stopped following it. You guys did an amazing job. It was nearly perfect in my eyes. I cant wait for the next part of the series :). Like the picture above says. "Seriously though, get back to work" I mean that in every good way possible! Also thanks for making my Birthday fucking amazing. Ha.

King-Godzilla
Samurai

Post by King-Godzilla »

This is what I put on Facebook right after watching it on Friday:

"It was amazing! For fans of the movies, it definitely is a solid entry in the film franchise. Everything a fan could hope for is in this movie! But this isn't just a good Godzilla movie for Godzilla fans, it is an amazing movie to go see and have fun. People in the audience were even applauding at one part in the movie, so it's not just me trying to get people to see it: "Godzilla" is truly a great film worth your time.

Had a great time, and I am definitely going to see it again!"

DarkLord
Monarch Researcher

Post by DarkLord »

The last time I was literally shaking with excitement, was while watching the opening title sequence of Star Wars. It was rather wonderful therefore, to experience that sensation again when Godzilla 2014 made his epic entrance amidst the flaming ruins of Hawaii airport. It encapsulated what going to the cinema is all about, to escape, to be stunned and awed and completely swept along with this truly titanic film.
The effects were simply stunning - to a jaw dropping degree and Godzilla himself has never looked so intimidating or immensely powerful!
Gareth, congratulations are due to yourself and your teams, both in front and behind the camera. A serious, respectable and frighteningly realistic take on this much celebrated and iconic monster. Thanks and a hearty handshake are also required for Thomas Tull, without whose faith, drive and enthusiasm, this production would simply never have seen the light of day! The news of a sequel is both welcome and exciting! Perhaps we can look forward to seeing Godzilla laying waste to military forces and a city or two, thereby allowing him to embody the proclamation from the original teaser trailer, that he is indeed 'Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.'
Supreme effort gentlemen..., well done and sincere thanks!! ;) :D 8-)

Stevo_1985
JXSDF Technician

Post by Stevo_1985 »

I don't have much to say. I would however like to shake your hand on a fantastic job Mr Edwards. Thank you so much for this brilliant masterpiece. I cannot wait to add this to my collection.

Sorry Kiryu
#Notmymechagodzilla

Dr. Professor
Futurian

Post by Dr. Professor »

Thank you so much for this spectacular movie, and for giving me a new favorite. It was everything I'd hoped for and more. :godzilla: :mrgreen:
Resized Image
(Art by Lisa Naffziger)

Co-host (Nick) of G-Force: A Kaiju Podcast
Twitter | Instagram | Facebook

RIP Evan A. Baker :serizawa:

tenup
G-Force Personnel

Post by tenup »

Definitely want to send my thanks out to the entire team that made this modern take of Godzilla possible. A long overdue and much needed upgrade to the greatest movie monsters and symbol of all time. Thank you Toho, Gareth, Thomas and the entire Legendary crew.

GodzillaFreak99
EDF Instructor

Post by GodzillaFreak99 »

Okay, so I just got home from seeing this and.............HOLY.....MOTHER.........SKREEONK........SHIT!!!!!! This was so damn awesome that I can't describe it! But I'll try

Honestly, it's.........not what I expected. (I mean that in a good way, not a bad one)

The human characters were great, all the actors turned up a great performance with their rolls.

Godzilla was Amazing, I didn't expect him to be the "Hero" Which really seems to work for this universe in my opinion. And What Godzilla did to the female M.U.T.O...........EPIC!!!!!!

I give this film ***** out of *****. I give my thanks to everyone at Legendary pictures for bringing us this spectacular work of art! :D

Also, I don't care what anyone says! I loved the look of Godzilla's atomic breathe!
"There is no fate but what we make for ourselves."
GodzillavsJason wrote:I am considered to be one of the worst type of people in the world which is being a straight white man.

H-Man
G-Grasper

Post by H-Man »

Thank you for making a quality film that promises to the bring the Big G into the pop culture spotlight. Thank you for doing your darndest to make a film in the spirit of some of the better Japanese films, while maintaining your own identity at the same time. Thank you for giving us some memorable scenes and for your respect for the title character. [Mr. Han]You have our gratitude[/Mr. Han].