Bryan Cranston SPEAKS OUT, calls his early death a mistake

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Mr. Xeno
Futurian

Re: Bryan Cranston SPEAKS OUT, calls his early death a mista

Post by Mr. Xeno »

bczilla91 wrote: So my opinion is an illusion and yours is a fact?
Tell me does it ever get old spending time after time trying to pass off your opinions as facts knowing good and well that most aren't even listening?
Does it ever get old calling the kettle black?
Castellan Zilla wrote:What? No dots on SHMA Mothra?! In the trash she goes.

ScrumpBump
Monarch Researcher

Post by ScrumpBump »

Mr. Xeno wrote:
bczilla91 wrote: So my opinion is an illusion and yours is a fact?
Tell me does it ever get old spending time after time trying to pass off your opinions as facts knowing good and well that most aren't even listening?
Does it ever get old calling the kettle black?
Well, at least the kettle admitted it...
Mistakes "Quote" for "Edit" more often then he wishes to admit .
“People who are brutally honest get more satisfaction out of the brutality than out of the honesty.”

Spirit Ghidorah 2010
Xilien Halfling

Post by Spirit Ghidorah 2010 »

> Complains about how people who dislike G'14 constantly shove their opinions down everyone's throats
> Constantly shoves his views on said dislikers down everyone's throats

But who complains about the complainers??

He/him/his

#Pro-Choice #ACAB #TransRights #BlackLivesMatter #vaccinate #EatTheRich #TheSatanicTemple

KingKaiju
Futurian

Post by KingKaiju »

Can't say that I disagree. I was pretty disappointed when they killed him off in the movie. Not only did they kill off a character that, I felt, would have served a good purpose for the rest of the films (and any sequels), but they got rid of a damn good actor. I mean, I could also be completely wrong and he could've just served as another open mouthed Ken Watanabe, but I would've preferred to see more of him than Aaron Taylor-Johnson...

Jeff-Goldblum1
G-Force Personnel

Post by Jeff-Goldblum1 »

I'd care more if he played his character like Hal from Malcolm in The Middle and was funny.

As such his character is unneeded and slows the movie down.

Fast Forward past his scenes on the DVD/Blu-Ray and the whole movie becomes really fast paced.

Terrier
JXSDF Technician

Post by Terrier »

I thought it was a good idea to kill his character off so early, as it showed that his obsession had actual consequences by denying him the chance to meet his family one last time. If they followed his idea it would have been too sugar coated and cheap; we are shown how obsessed he is so he gets his fears confirmed but there is a price to pay.

Being a good actor shouldn't mean that your character gets to live and have a happy/satisfying ending, what it means is that you put the best performance to what your are given and make justice to the role your character is supposed to play, wich he did. His death had an impact in the audience and it raised the stakes, showing that being played by a famous actor doesn't save you from these giant monsters.

I get the impression people just see the actor instead of the character, and we don't need Godzilla being overshadowed by famous actors in his movies, or else the sequels will rely too much on these actors.

Chris55
Site Director | Media Relations
Site Director | Media Relations

Post by Chris55 »

Listen to the interview which addresses this here: http://www.empireonline.com/features/go ... edwards/p1
Your misconceptions and fantasies along with your misguided sense of entitlement don't dictate my actions.