Comic Con Thread

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
M.o.g.u.e.r.a14
EDF Instructor

Re: Comic Con Thread

Post by M.o.g.u.e.r.a14 »

Chris55 wrote:No Godzilla. BIG Warcraft push though
Oh my god.
Neca got no announcements for Godzilla,
and now THIS?!

Come the FUCK ON!!!

Man, FUCK WARCRAFT!
Fan of Godzilla, Pacific Rim, Sailor Moon, and Transformers.
Dezerb wrote: buenos ding dong didily dias senor.
http://i.imgur.com/PpE0DEQ.gif

Moguera14 X Sailor Moon

Chris55
Site Director | Media Relations
Site Director | Media Relations

Post by Chris55 »

M.o.g.u.e.r.a14 wrote:
Oh my god.
and now THIS?!

Come the skreeonk ON!!!

Man, skreeonk WARCRAFT!
I don't know if Godzilla will make an appearance at the actual PANEL, he just won't be on free posters etc. I tried to get some stuff for a TK contest so people can get the Comic Con only posters/shirts but there's no Godzilla push this year.
Your misconceptions and fantasies along with your misguided sense of entitlement don't dictate my actions.

morgoth
G-Force Personnel

Post by morgoth »

Chris55 wrote:
M.o.g.u.e.r.a14 wrote:
Oh my god.
and now THIS?!

Come the skreeonk ON!!!

Man, skreeonk WARCRAFT!
I don't know if Godzilla will make an appearance at the actual PANEL, he just won't be on free posters etc. I tried to get some stuff for a TK contest so people can get the Comic Con only posters/shirts but there's no Godzilla push this year.
I'm sure there's no push yet on the sequel, but I'm just wondering if there will be a small piece of info on it; like a small announcement.
"The wait was not a long one."

"The Devil has three heads."

Pkmatrix
Futurian

Post by Pkmatrix »

M.o.g.u.e.r.a14 wrote:Oh my god.
and now THIS?!

Come the skreeonk ON!!!

Man, skreeonk WARCRAFT!
Dude, Godzilla 2 isn't coming out until 2018. They probably aren't even going to STAR shooting it for another TWO YEARS!

You shouldn't be expecting anything until next year at the absolute earliest, and even then that should be a VERY BIG surprise. My money is, and always has been, on SDCC 2017. 2015 was never going to have anything Godzilla-related, and I've always doubted there'd be anything for 2016 either.

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Lain Of The Wired »

I'm really not surprised there won't be anything Godzilla-related, like stated a few posts above, remember Godzilla II doesn't come out until 2018, that's still 3 years away.
Never forget tadpole :godzilla:

Mechagigan
Futurian

Post by Mechagigan »

Obviously we're not gonna find out much concerning G18 (come on, it comes out in 2018), but I wonder if anything new will come from G16. I'm not sure who'd 'reveal' it, but it may be something to look forward to.

Cookson
Futurian

Post by Cookson »

Expected pretty much. Is Kong getting any info you k ow?
"We knew the world would not be the same. Few people laughed, few people cried, most people were silent."~Robert Oppenheimer

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

Can we do a SDCC Godzilla news round up involving ANYTHING Godzilla related? So far we know SHOUT Factory is planning something, is there anything else that's been confirmed?

Cookson
Futurian

Post by Cookson »

Apparently GODZILLA 2 will have a announcement. According to latinoreview, Mechagodzilla might be announced.

Using Mechagodzilla in this world just doesn't make sense. UNLESS of course they go the GxMG route and use the Godzilla bones they found in the beginning of the film.
"We knew the world would not be the same. Few people laughed, few people cried, most people were silent."~Robert Oppenheimer

Mosugoji
Samurai

Post by Mosugoji »

Cookson wrote:Apparently GODZILLA 2 will have a announcement. According to latinoreview, Mechagodzilla might be announced.

Using Mechagodzilla in this world just doesn't make sense. UNLESS of course they go the GxMG route and use the Godzilla bones they found in the beginning of the film.

I'm expecting Anguirus. He literally fits perfectly in this world that Gareth created.

MechaG doesn't make any sense like you said.

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

Cookson wrote:Apparently GODZILLA 2 will have a announcement. According to latinoreview, Mechagodzilla might be announced.
Sounds like BS to me, I doubt it's a credible source...

Cookson
Futurian

Post by Cookson »

Latino review has been very much correct about comic con things.

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

Cookson wrote:Latino review has been very much correct about comic con things.
Until I get confirmation from Chris, I'm treating it as hear-say.

Space Hunter M
EDF Instructor

Post by Space Hunter M »

I want confirmation from NORAD.

Pkmatrix
Futurian

Post by Pkmatrix »

Oh! Well, if that's true that'll be a very nice surprise. :)
Cookson wrote:Using Mechagodzilla in this world just doesn't make sense. UNLESS of course they go the GxMG route and use the Godzilla bones they found in the beginning of the film.
I disagree, IMO the only Mechagodzilla that makes sense for Legendary's world is some version of Alien Mechagodzilla. You don't need to have the alien invasion plot, it could be sort of like a mechanical version of what the Gryphon was supposed to be in G'94. An alien device lands, scans Godzilla, and like a Transformer adopts his shape. Boom! Simple, easy, straightforward, and would make sense in the context of this world.

Neither the UN Mechagodzilla nor Kiryu would make much sense, IMO.

Jeff-Goldblum1
G-Force Personnel

Post by Jeff-Goldblum1 »

Space ape created Mechagodzilla or nothing.

But let's face it, Mechagodzilla would be phenomenal.

DesuGojiFan
Gotengo Officer

Post by DesuGojiFan »

Pkmatrix wrote:
Oh! Well, if that's true that'll be a very nice surprise. :)
Cookson wrote:Using Mechagodzilla in this world just doesn't make sense. UNLESS of course they go the GxMG route and use the Godzilla bones they found in the beginning of the film.
I disagree, IMO the only Mechagodzilla that makes sense for Legendary's world is some version of Alien Mechagodzilla. You don't need to have the alien invasion plot, it could be sort of like a mechanical version of what the Gryphon was supposed to be in G'94. An alien device lands, scans Godzilla, and like a Transformer adopts his shape. Boom! Simple, easy, straightforward, and would make sense in the context of this world.

Neither the UN Mechagodzilla nor Kiryu would make much sense, IMO.
Then maybe that alien device could lead into Ghidorah's introduction in a later movie.

TheSecondComing
Futurian

Post by TheSecondComing »

I very much doubt Mechagodzilla rumors at this time, but it would be awesome if they brought him in as the ultimate Jaegar.

DesuGojiFan
Gotengo Officer

Post by DesuGojiFan »

So....where is this rumor coming from exactly? I didn't see anything about Godzilla on Latino Review's website or twitter.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

CLICK BAIT.