Godzilla vs Jurassic World:Similarties!

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Noble Saber
Xilien Halfling

Re: Godzilla vs Jurassic World:Similarties!

Post by Noble Saber »

While I think these similarities are pushing it, I find it funny that one seemed far better than the other.

I really don't understand the "Dinos don't appear until a decent portion of the movie" similarity. Jurassic World barely hid the Indominus.

Xx_The_Masquerade_xX
Futurian

Post by Xx_The_Masquerade_xX »

Killswitch wrote:Edwards should see Jurassic World and take notes. G14 is a snooze fest compared to JW, and that "less is more" concept worked with Jaws, but didn't fly in G14. You need to show your characters doing what they do best.
Which is funny because if you see ''the making of Jaws'' that was not Spielberg's intention. As a matter of a fact you were supposed to see the shark in full as it swallowed Krissy in the opening attack. The only reason it was hidden so much is because the damn thing didn't work... Also John William's score pretty much nailed the tension an presence of the shark.

I also agree Edward's and Legendary need to wake up, a lot of comment's i have read have said JW is what Godzilla should have been last year. A fun rump with lots of action, obviously the ''less is more'' no longer works for the general audience. Hence Godzilla making little over 500$ million an JW making over a billion.

None of it's monsters were hidden, The Raptors or Indominus were showed in full within the first 20/30 minutes. T-Rex was the only thing held until the ending and that final fight delivered more then Godzilla's (minus the atomic breath shot)

Spirit Ghidorah 2010
Xilien Halfling

Post by Spirit Ghidorah 2010 »

On top of that, JW actually made an effort to take death somewhat seriously. In G'14, there is no acknowledgement of the people who were killed in the tidal wave because super artistic posthumanism. In JW, the people in the control room were visibly shaken even when a redshirt staff member gets eaten.
He/him/his

#Pro-Choice #ACAB #TransRights #BlackLivesMatter #vaccinate #EatTheRich #TheSatanicTemple

Gojira1604
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gojira1604 »

I loved both movies, but in my honest opinion, I think Godzilla 2014 was a better film than Jurassic World. What do you guys think?

Jatahaxe
Interpol Agent

Post by Jatahaxe »

Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote:On top of that, JW actually made an effort to take death somewhat seriously. In G'14, there is no acknowledgement of the people who were killed in the tidal wave because super artistic posthumanism. In JW, the people in the control room were visibly shaken even when a redshirt staff member gets eaten.
Except hundreds if not thousands were killed, it can only take so much time to focus on the tragedy of it all. I actually got the impression JW didn't take death too seriously. It bothers me how awfully quick the boys recovered from witnessing the most brutal death-by-dino kill performed on their babysitter.
Monsters are the real people.

PRIMEVAL
Gotengo Officer

Post by PRIMEVAL »

Jatahaxe wrote:
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote:On top of that, JW actually made an effort to take death somewhat seriously. In G'14, there is no acknowledgement of the people who were killed in the tidal wave because super artistic posthumanism. In JW, the people in the control room were visibly shaken even when a redshirt staff member gets eaten.
Except hundreds if not thousands were killed, it can only take so much time to focus on the tragedy of it all. I actually got the impression JW didn't take death too seriously. It bothers me how awfully quick the boys recovered from witnessing the most brutal death-by-dino kill performed on their babysitter.
The boys are assholes, anyway. I think they should have been in her place.

Jatahaxe
Interpol Agent

Post by Jatahaxe »

Also, at least in Godzilla we didn't need to see anybody SAVE THE BEER!!!
Monsters are the real people.

kamilleblu
G-Grasper

Post by kamilleblu »

Jatahaxe wrote:
It's time for people to get over the babysitter. Remember, the boys were surrounded by an almost constant barrage of stressful situations. They didn't have much of a connection with the babysitter, so I have no problems with how that was handled. People are complaining because she was a woman. But we've had a trilogy of only male deaths shown on screen and some in gruesome ways. The only female I remember dying in the original trilogy was the little girl in The Lost World and that wasn't shown. Later in the same film, we watched a man get swarmed and killed by the same animals. Even still JW had like forty confirmed male deaths to one female. The filmmakers acknowledged this and said they wanted to make the babysitter's death memorable because of it.

PRIMEVAL
Gotengo Officer

Post by PRIMEVAL »

kamilleblu wrote:
Jatahaxe wrote:
It's time for people to get over the babysitter. Remember, the boys were surrounded by an almost constant barrage of stressful situations. They didn't have much of a connection with the babysitter, so I have no problems with how that was handled. People are complaining because she was a woman. But we've had a trilogy of only male deaths shown on screen and some in gruesome ways. The only female I remember dying in the original trilogy was the little girl in The Lost World and that wasn't shown. Later in the same film, we watched a man get swarmed and killed by the same animals. Even still JW had like forty confirmed male deaths to one female. The filmmakers acknowledged this and said they wanted to make the babysitter's death memorable because of it.
The little girl survived.

M.U.T.O.
Futurian

Post by M.U.T.O. »

[quote="bczilla91"]Something else I noted was that the marketing heavily relied on Chris Pratt like Godzilla did with Bryan Cranston and both were not the main star but again that is ok!/quote]
What do you mean, Chris Pratt wasn't the main star of JW (excluding dinosaurs)?

I can see where people are coming from for some of them, but I feel a lot of these similarities are inconsequential of each other. The T. rex roared at the end of JP, so they did the same for JW. The fact that Godzilla roared at the end of G14 doesn't mean JW took that from G14. Because it didn't. If anything, G14 borrowed from JP and/or previous Godzilla films which may have Godzilla roaring at the end.
What do you call it when a railroad engineer moves toward a psychic?
Spoiler:
Approach Medium.

Mechagigan
Futurian

Post by Mechagigan »

Just wanna point out; Of course JW made more money than Godzilla, it's Jurassic World. Godzilla's more or less popular, but people love Jurassic Park stuff.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Jatahaxe wrote:Also, at least in Godzilla we didn't need to see anybody SAVE THE BEER!!!
No the "I hope the dog survives" scene was much worse.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983