My thoughts on a possible Godzilla 2 plot

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
NewBloodGodz
Terminated
Terminated

My thoughts on a possible Godzilla 2 plot

Post by NewBloodGodz »

The world debates whether or not to let Godzilla be, as well as the legitimacy of the world governments' proclamations. In an effort to contain Godzilla, they propose a Monster Island idea, and two other giant monsters surfaced, one being Mothra, the other being Rodan. Godzilla, however, stays in the trenches and so, they attempt to lure him out by having these two monsters fight him on the island.

Meanwhile, a group of NASA scientists find this moon near Jupiter that has a similar atmosphere to the Earth 250 million years ago, and it contains a lone monster. The scientists either do this as a last ditch effort to kill Godzilla or to test some stupid experiment, but they take sound samples of the MUTO and shoot the transmission to that moon, and the monster they find hears these calls as a challenge, because King Ghidorah, in my opinion, is the apex predator of his own domain. He killed the weaklings and parasites, and feeds off radiation like Godzilla, but he went overboard and killed every other creature on the satellite moon. So hearing the MUTO calls gets him in a frenzy and he escapes Jupiter's orbit, gains gravity bolts from the solar winds, destroys planets along the way before landing on Earth and challenging Godzilla after the other two monsters fight him. The apex predator of Earth, and a contender from space. It would work, and it would be flipping sick, because involving how huge Godzilla is, King Ghidorah could still tower over him.
For the most part, Ghidorah always did.
So the prospect of one of those solar bodies being ruled by King Ghidorah would be sci-fi, yes, but it would be grounded in realism if they went the route I mentioned.
But I could picture Godzilla wouldn't want to help the humans after this like in Ghidorah from the 1960s until it ends as an all-out battle where Godzilla, Mothra, and Rodan go toe-to-toe with Ghidorah. Military jets firing at Ghidorah to offer some distraction so Godzilla can get the drop on him.

Rough idea but what do you guys think?

g2vd
Xilien Halfling

Re: My thoughts on a possible Godzilla 2 plot

Post by g2vd »

Excellent, I really like it.
Godzilla

Vatarian
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Vatarian »

How does Godzilla fight something that blew up planets? Why the flying fuck would they broadcast Muto calls to an unknown entity? How does King Ghidora fly through space and not take 20 years to get to Earth?

NewBloodGodz
Terminated
Terminated

Post by NewBloodGodz »

I tried applying bits of Ghidorah, the Three-Headed Monster to the plot, sorry.

morgoth
G-Force Personnel

Post by morgoth »

I'll be honest the plot is rough and needs work, but I really like where you're going.
"The wait was not a long one."

"The Devil has three heads."

KManX89
Gotengo Officer

Post by KManX89 »

Vatarian wrote:How does Godzilla fight something that blew up planets? Why the flying skreeonk would they broadcast Muto calls to an unknown entity? How does King Ghidora fly through space and not take 20 years to get to Earth?
They could always make up some scientific mumbo jumbo about how the solar winds that gave him his gravity beams also gave him his flight or whatever, just like they did for Godzilla's atomic breath. Of course, it'd be easier (and more plausible) just to have him sail through space in a meteor, but whatever, I like where this is going.
My Game Ideas Page | My Blu-Ray Collection

~"Now I Am Become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds"

Chris55
Site Director | Media Relations

Post by Chris55 »

Vatarian wrote:How does Godzilla fight something that blew up planets? Why the flying skreeonk would they broadcast Muto calls to an unknown entity? How does King Ghidora fly through space and not take 20 years to get to Earth?
Answer: It's a movie.
Your misconceptions and fantasies along with your misguided sense of entitlement don't dictate my actions.

Vatarian
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Vatarian »

Chris55 wrote:
Bull answer. If we just write gaping plotholes off as "it's a movie", why bother with logic at all? Why not have Bill S. Preston and Theodore Logan come out of nowhere and defeat Ghidorah at the end? It's no more bullshit than Godzilla defeating a monster that can apparantly fly between worlds in a short period of time and blow them up.

There's a difference between fantasy and bad writing.

NewBloodGodz
Terminated
Terminated

Post by NewBloodGodz »

Vatarian wrote:
Chris55 wrote:
Bull answer. If we just write gaping plotholes off as "it's a movie", why bother with logic at all? Why not have Bill S. Preston and Theodore Logan come out of nowhere and defeat Ghidorah at the end? It's no more bullshit than Godzilla defeating a monster that can apparantly fly between worlds in a short period of time and blow them up.

I specifically said it was a rough idea. There's a difference between bad writing and fine tuning.

Chris55

Post by Chris55 »

Vatarian wrote:
Chris55 wrote:

Bull response

You're taking it to an extreme. Godzilla himself couldn't exist. King Ghidorah has always been a space monster yet there's no way he could survive in space etc. For movies like these, there needs to be a kernel of logic before being creative.
Your misconceptions and fantasies along with your misguided sense of entitlement don't dictate my actions.

TheLastGezora
G-Force Personnel

Post by TheLastGezora »

Would it really be too unbelievable to simply have Ghidorah show up from deep space?
Beef Bigshot wrote:
Godzillian wrote:
Im to scared to talk to my comic book store guy. I dont know why but i have this strange feeling that he is secretly plotting against me...
Most comic store owners are pretty chill. Just say hey hows it going chit chat for 5 min then ask about how the godzilla comics are. Don't be afraid to talk to them :D
naw man, I can see murder in his eyes dude. I swear!

Vatarian
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Vatarian »

Chris55 wrote: Bull response

You're taking it to an extreme. Godzilla himself couldn't exist. King Ghidorah has always been a space monster yet there's no way he could survive in space etc. For movies like these, there needs to be a kernel of logic before being creative.
Not bull logic at all, though I appreciate the imitation.

Godzilla and Ghidorah could not exist based off of the scientific principles we currently understand. That does not mean they could not exist period, anymore than the fact that we did not understand how stars could function in the 12th century meant that they could not function in the 12th century.

But that's completely beside the point.

The issue here is that Godzilla simply could not compete with a monster capable of literally destroying planets and travelling between stars in a timely manner. It would not be an issue of more monsters helping him; Ghidorah could simply demolish the planet from orbit without coming within visual radius of Godzilla. Thus it would be completely impossible to have a movie based on that concept.

In that case, there is no "kernel of logic".

I totally like the idea of Ghidorah being an interplanetary kaiju, but it needs to be done in a way that won't leave fans and audience-members going "Why didn't he just use that faster-than-light travel to zip around Godzilla and kill him?"

ScootaVaran
EDF Instructor

Post by ScootaVaran »

This was just a fun plot from a fan. Not the actual movie plot.
The quickest way into a woman's bed is through her parents. Have sex with them and you're in. -Zapp Brannigan
For some Coffee inspired art, viewtopic.php?f=19&t=11147

Vatarian
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Vatarian »

ScootaVaran wrote:This was just a fun plot from a fan. Not the actual movie plot.
I'm aware. Sorry if I came off harsh.

Underworld54
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Underworld54 »

Good thought put into it but quite frankly I don't like it, not one bit.
Sadly, I must make you aware that anything I say is my opinion.

Contrary to popular belief, I did like Godzilla 2014

Chris55

Post by Chris55 »

Vatarian wrote:
ScootaVaran wrote:This was just a fun plot from a fan. Not the actual movie plot.
Not the word I'd use :D

Anyway, it's an interesting idea.

Vatarian
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Vatarian »

Chris55 wrote:
Vatarian wrote:
Not the word I'd use :D

Anyway, it's an interesting idea.

Well then, I guess it's a good thing we all keep some words to ourselves, hmmm?

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Lain Of The Wired »

I like the idea of Ghidorah also being an apex predator, which gives a reason for him to attack Godzilla.

I kind of want Ghidorah to be the "Godzilla of space" so to speak, another being that feels the need to be on top of the chain.
Never forget tadpole :godzilla:

Gerdzerl

Post by Gerdzerl »

Vatarian wrote: The issue here is that Godzilla simply could not compete with a monster capable of literally destroying planets and travelling between stars in a timely manner. It would not be an issue of more monsters helping him; Ghidorah could simply demolish the planet from orbit without coming within visual radius of Godzilla. Thus it would be completely impossible to have a movie based on that concept.
He totally could if, y'know, the writer wants him to. I mean if people can accept top tier Ultraman kaiju and countless anime mechs and monsters can move faster than light and/or planet bust, why not Godzilla and co.?

Oh, and as for KG simply not nuking the planet immediately, what if he wants the planets resident lifeforms to suffer as much as possible before blowing the planet up? That, and you could also just have the monsters simply be durable and fast enough to keep up with him.
Last edited by Gerdzerl on Fri May 22, 2015 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Forgive me if no one has mentioned this before but I haven't seen anyone discuss whether mothra will appear in larva form or only adult, or both. It'd be cool for Mothra to appear in larva form this movie and in the sequel turn into an adult.

I like the threads main idea but it's a little simpler. Rodan can literally just have the same origin as Godzilla and same for Mothra if done right. We'll see.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.