More original kaiju? Or enough with the MUTOs

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
miguelnuva
Justiriser

Re: More original kaiju? Or enough with the MUTOs

Post by miguelnuva »

Godzelda wrote:I agree with miguelnuva, I want a new "super monster" in G3. The only new one we've gotten after '95 was Keizer Ghidorah, and he's just a crappy version of King Ghidorah.
I would argue Keizer wasn't a Super Monster as Godzilla was a Super Monster in FW and he owned Keizer.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Giga Kaiju
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Giga Kaiju »

Well, it was more Super Monster vs. Super Monster, but Godzilla proved to be the more 'SUPER' in that case. :lol:

So, how about Bagan...?

Well, sounds interesting, maybe we'll get one or not, but the idea seems cool.
UNSTOPPABLE FURY. UNTHINKABLE POWER. UNBREAKABLE WILL.
tymon wrote:Man, it really makes me laugh when I remember that all this drama is centered around a fictional, giant atomic monster. Damn you, Godzilla!
Gawdziller wrote:Doesn't matter what's moot or not. We'll just move onto the next thing to bitch about, then tangent onto something unrelated and bitch about that, and get trollbaited back on topic so we can bitch some more. It's the circle of life.

Godzelda
Interpol Agent

Post by Godzelda »

Wow, it seems Final Wars was so forgettable that some of us have forgotten that Keizer G totally curb-stomped Godzilla until the latter got a power boost. If anything, that makes him an super-super monster or some shit.

Although I said I wanted a new monster for G3, I'm somewhat conflicted about that due to the tempting idea of seeing more classic monsters portrayed by big-budget Hollywood effects... I mean, just imagine how badass Biollante or Destoroyah could look!
On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer.
-Satoru Iwata (1959-2015)

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Godzelda wrote:Wow, it seems Final Wars was so forgettable that some of us have forgotten that Keizer G totally curb-stomped Godzilla until the latter got a power boost. If anything, that makes him an super-super monster or some shit.
Keizer Ghidorah stomped a tired Godzilla. When ever they were on the same playing Field Godzilla stomped him.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Tyrant28
JXSDF Technician

Post by Tyrant28 »

I would like to see a aquatic kaiju or at least a kaiju who can go into the water. Love for a underwater battle and see how Godzilla fights underwater. Despite Godzilla being a amphibious monster, we rarely actually see him fight underwater. (His battle against Battra is the only real one I can remember while the others were really quick or happen off camera.)
MrRockett wrote: They are a sticky bunch for sure. In 2014 all the guys were gathered around the Gravity booth to get a glimpse and maybe an autograph from Sandra Bullock. Some ass jockey decided to not crop dust the crowd, dude let off some straight napalm and cleared a 20 ft radius and didn’t flinch, he just moved up closer. I prayed Sandra wouldn’t catch a whiff, talk about Endgame....just gross.

Variola
JXSDF Technician

Post by Variola »

miguelnuva wrote:
Godzelda wrote:Wow, it seems Final Wars was so forgettable that some of us have forgotten that Keizer G totally curb-stomped Godzilla until the latter got a power boost. If anything, that makes him an super-super monster or some shit.
Keizer Ghidorah stomped a tired Godzilla. When ever they were on the same playing Field Godzilla stomped him.
Dunno about it being the "same playing field", Godzilla got a massive power boost from Ozaki. Kinda like competing in the Olympics while on steroids. :lol:

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Variola wrote:
miguelnuva wrote:
Dunno about it being the "same playing field", Godzilla got a massive power boost from Ozaki. Kinda like competing in the Olympics while on steroids. :lol:
Monster X was boosted by X which cause him to transform into Keizer Ghidorah.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Variola
JXSDF Technician

Post by Variola »

miguelnuva wrote: Monster X was boosted by X which cause him to transform into Keizer Ghidorah.
Boosted by who/what?
I don't recall anyone ever shooting a giant beam of Keizer energy into Monster X.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Variola wrote:
miguelnuva wrote: Monster X was boosted by X which cause him to transform into Keizer Ghidorah.
Boosted by who/what?
I don't recall anyone ever shooting a giant beam of Keizer energy into Monster X.
The guy that Ozaki was fighting. He does it on the ship right before he explodes.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Variola
JXSDF Technician

Post by Variola »

miguelnuva wrote:
Variola wrote: Boosted by who/what?
The guy that Ozaki was fighting. He does it on the ship right before he explodes.
I didn't think that was implied as we never see energy flowing to Monster X the way it does when Ozaki powers up Godzilla. He seemed to just be doing the "bad guy screams in rage as his base is destroyed around him" thing. Also, Monster X does not transform right away, but a few minutes later.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Variola wrote:
miguelnuva wrote:
Variola wrote: Boosted by who/what?
I didn't think that was implied as we never see energy flowing to Monster X the way it does when Ozaki powers up Godzilla. He seemed to just be doing the "bad guy screams in rage as his base is destroyed around him" thing. Also, Monster X does not transform right away, but a few minutes later.
I'm not sure what was going on but I remember it was said X gave his power to allow the transformation on the old Tohokingdom boards and everyone pretty much agreed with that.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Variola
JXSDF Technician

Post by Variola »

miguelnuva wrote: I'm not sure what was going on but I remember it was said X gave his power to allow the transformation on the old Tohokingdom boards and everyone pretty much agreed with that.
I just never got that impression myself. Besides the transformation occurring a few minutes after the Xilian leader's demise, I think if they'd wanted to imply a link they would have shown energy flowing to Monster X or something. But we're drifting off topic a bit.

Giga Kaiju
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Giga Kaiju »

An enemy that can be in danger in land, sea and sky would be really interesting to see. Could rank up the stakes against Godzilla (and any other kaiju that could team up with him in the story).
tymon wrote:Man, it really makes me laugh when I remember that all this drama is centered around a fictional, giant atomic monster. Damn you, Godzilla!
Gawdziller wrote:Doesn't matter what's moot or not. We'll just move onto the next thing to bitch about, then tangent onto something unrelated and bitch about that, and get trollbaited back on topic so we can bitch some more. It's the circle of life.

KaijuFiend
Rainbowzilla

Post by KaijuFiend »

Tyrant28 wrote:I would like to see a aquatic kaiju or at least a kaiju who can go into the water. Love for a underwater battle and see how Godzilla fights underwater. Despite Godzilla being a amphibious monster, we rarely actually see him fight underwater. (His battle against Battra is the only real one I can remember while the others were really quick or happen off camera.)
I second this. Water battles have been very limited in the past due to the risks involved with using suits in the water. With CGI, we don't have that limitation.

Giga Kaiju
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Giga Kaiju »

Maybe with Rodan and Mothra, we could maybe ALSO have sky battles. Seems possible, and cool to imagine.

Variola
JXSDF Technician

Post by Variola »

Giga Kaiju wrote:Maybe with Rodan and Mothra, we could maybe ALSO have sky battles. Seems possible, and cool to imagine.
Not impossible at all, it's been done in the likes of Gamera 3 and Ultraman: The Next.
Modern Hollywood effects would greatly benefit its execution also.

kindred.dread
Ronin

Post by kindred.dread »

I like the MUTOs but frankly you can't have a Godzilla series without Mothra or King Ghidorah showing up at some point. They're as part of the franchise as he is.
That being said, I feel like 2 bringing in familiar faces and 3 doing that while also introducing a new one would be the best middle ground.

Giga Kaiju
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Giga Kaiju »

Variola wrote:
Giga Kaiju wrote:Maybe with Rodan and Mothra, we could maybe ALSO have sky battles. Seems possible, and cool to imagine.
Not impossible at all, it's been done in the likes of Gamera 3 and Ultraman: The Next.
Modern Hollywood effects would greatly benefit its execution also.
Seems very obvious to think that if there more than two flying kaiju, they'd address that. Would be a nice change of pace from land battles.

Up there with the sea-kind of battles (That'd be actually kind of cool to see with the budget of the Legendary series).

Underworld54
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Underworld54 »

I want more original monsters, I loved the MUTO's.
Sadly, I must make you aware that anything I say is my opinion.

Contrary to popular belief, I did like Godzilla 2014

Giga Kaiju
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Giga Kaiju »

Funny, considering that many people didn't like them, design wise.