How Ghidorah Mothra And Rodan should be introduced in G2018

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Moguera24
Monsterland Worker

Re: How Ghidorah Mothra And Rodan should be introduced in G2

Post by Moguera24 »

I sorta think that Rodan won't really get a reveal so much as just an appearance. What I'm trying to say is that I think Rodan will just sort of show up, probably destroying a group of jets, maybe in a scene that starts the movie. We would have his backstory explained later, but his reveal wouldn't really explain his origins.
Mothra and Giddy will have backstories we can't predict, so I have no idea how they will be filmed.
I have a tumblr I guess:http://monoclemogu.tumblr.com
I don't know why anyone would want to follow me, but it's here if you're in desperate need of Godzilla/general nerdiness content on your dashboard.

The One and Only
Futurian

Post by The One and Only »

[i have been saying that for a very, very long time. most of the members who disagreed either left the forum, or want me dead. be warned; it's dangerous out there to want an attempt to pretend we live in a semi-realistic universe.[/quote]

What's wrong with the suggestion that ETN made in his Youtube video on how to do Ghidorah?[/quote]

Actually, a case could be made that a giant, three-headed dragon that can shoot lightning from each of his mouths is more likely to come from outer space (where skreeonk knows what kind of supernatural shit exists) than here on earth, not to mention a massive mythological creature born with an extremely rare condition (polycephaly) and an even rarer lack of deformities from said condition while simultaneously being able to sustain and operate all 3 gargantuan heads without any problems (another rarity... for multi-headed creatures way, waaaay smaller in stature) isn't very realistic, either. That fact alone makes him probably the least "grounded" of all monsters, and that's without getting into the whole lightning-shooting mythical creature (dragon) logistics, which adds yet another layer of suspension of disbelief to it.

So... yeah. :lol:[/quote]
As Macreedy said in John Carpenter's THE THING when the Thing's ship was found, and the crew of Station 31 found out about it. They constantly harassed Macreedy about how the Thing could change shape, and how it survived the ice. "Because it's not from here, it's not like us." ,he tells the rest of the crew. Basically Godzilla's existence boggled the mind of even the guys at MONARCH ,who spent the last sixty years studying him. And all were surprised when the Big-G started blasting the Muto with his oral beam. The Mutos generating, even passively, and electromagnetic pulse ain't too far out there. Nature has produced electric eels, electric sting rays, and even catfish that can project enough electric voltage to kill a full grown man. So the Muto's ability isn't that far out the realm of possibility. And Ghidorah being native to the depths of outer space who knows what's out there. Or maybe there's something native to the vacuum. As we learned in the domestic cut of GHIDRAH:THE THREE HEADED MONSTER ! , Ghidorah destroyed Mars, rendered it uninhabitable, but some Martians were able to escape to Earth. In the next Big-G flick, if one is to believe the theories of ancient astronauts, maybe these same visitors, new residents that moved to Earth, shared their the tales of Mars' destruction with our ancestors. And the depictions of dragons. The Greek Hydra. The Babylonian Tiamat. Were all inspired by the accounts of said strange visitors from Mars.

On Ghidorah's heads, and how they operate. My brother and I shot the shit about this once or twice. We had thought that maybe the three heads were basically limbs, not the brains of the operation. Ghidorah's brain was really located at the base of the three necks, or slightly lower. Perhaps between where Ghidorah's wings are. His brain encased between layers of incredibly dense flesh, and bone. Near impossible to get to. But the heads are connected to this one brain, operated like remote umbilicals used by cops to look into rooms before busting into them. Or a submarine's periscope. Sensory information is transmitted to the brain from these heads.
Last edited by The One and Only on Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"All literature is one of three stories: a man goes on a journey, a stranger comes to town, and Godzilla Vs. Megashark. "-Leo Tolstoy.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Yeah cause G14 is all that grounded or realistic to begin with. Besides Gareth already pulled off aliens in a realistic setting with Monsters so how is the world of G14 any different. A villain of Ghidorah's stature deserves an origin to live up to his character. A random animal from prehistoric times just doesn't cut it. Personally if Gareth is half the fan he claims to be I'd almost bet he'll give us something much more grand to befit a character such as Ghidorah. Making him some random prehistoric monster is not only lazy writing but takes away from what makes Ghidorah the unique iconic villain that he is. Same goes for Mothra. Sure outwardly she is just a giant moth but in the end she is so much more than that.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

three
Keizer

Post by three »

i've been saying Ghidorah should be a one off, man made freak. we have to know we can't beat the monsters with conventional weapons. you're going to have to make one.
:pokeball: :cookie: :mechagodzilla: "I'm on a drug called Charlie Sheen" ~ Charlie Sheen

Gojira is:Very Hiroshima®
axnyslie wrote:I read that too quickly I though you said land MINES. Yes they are still out there so step lightly!
Well, I've read through that handbook for the recently deceased. It says: 'live people ignore the strange and unusual. I, myself, am strange and unusual. ~ Lydia Deetz

sir isaac newton is the deadliest son - of - a - bitch in space.

The One and Only
Futurian

Post by The One and Only »

three wrote:i've been saying Ghidorah should be a one off, man made freak. we have to know we can't beat the monsters with conventional weapons. you're going to have to make one.
I was thinking that would be the Legendary origin for Biolllante. Like in GVB, there ends up a bit of a secret war over the G-Cells. Either for the creation of weaponized kaiju to combat Godzilla, or the next stage of drone warfare. Or maybe for genetic research to develop new strains of plants to thrive in harsh environments. Better yet Jurassic World needs a new exhibit. :lol: One of these projects could get out of control of course resulting in Biollante.
"All literature is one of three stories: a man goes on a journey, a stranger comes to town, and Godzilla Vs. Megashark. "-Leo Tolstoy.

three
Keizer

Post by three »

sadly i don't think we'll see Biollante in the LP films. i would have no problem with them adapting parts of her story to Ghidorah, though.

a test tube monster also gives us an opportunity for human villains to come with it. someone had to create it, and their motivations for making a frankenstein kaiju should be less than savory, so i think we'd get a good human villain cast if we got a man-made Ghidorah. that's something that a random space creature really does not offer. (note that it could come as a herald to an alien invasion, but that becomes pretty...meh. please do not cite transformers, since their whole origin is extraterrestrial).
:pokeball: :cookie: :mechagodzilla: "I'm on a drug called Charlie Sheen" ~ Charlie Sheen

axnyslie wrote:I read that too quickly I though you said land MINES. Yes they are still out there so step lightly!
Well, I've read through that handbook for the recently deceased. It says: 'live people ignore the strange and unusual. I, myself, am strange and unusual. ~ Lydia Deetz

Vatarian
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Vatarian »

I'd like to see the monsters that show up in the second movie be there as a result of the events in the first movie. Godzilla and the Mutos' calls, combined with the nuke, stirr things like Rodan and Mothra.

Maybe then Ghidorah arrives from space, noting the sudden abundancy of monsters on Earth.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Vatarian wrote:I'd like to see the monsters that show up in the second movie be there as a result of the events in the first movie. Godzilla and the Mutos' calls, combined with the nuke, stirr things like Rodan and Mothra.

Maybe then Ghidorah arrives from space, noting the sudden abundancy of monsters on Earth.
Yeah thats what i was thinking. I think the film should jump ahead several years where several monster attacks have already occurred including probably Rodan. Have it explained that Godzilla and Rodan have developed a heated rivalry maybe even start off with those two fighting and partially leveling a major city. Their fighting either draws Ghidorah or its because of it that the military feels forced to create him. I can deal with Ghidorah being a freak genetic experiment it's a lot more inventive than a random prehistoric monster.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Vatarian
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Vatarian »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:
Vatarian wrote:I'd like to see the monsters that show up in the second movie be there as a result of the events in the first movie. Godzilla and the Mutos' calls, combined with the nuke, stirr things like Rodan and Mothra.

Yeah thats what i was thinking. I think the film should jump ahead several years where several monster attacks have already occurred including probably Rodan. Have it explained that Godzilla and Rodan have developed a heated rivalry maybe even start off with those two fighting and partially leveling a major city. Their fighting either draws Ghidorah or its because of it that the military feels forced to create him. I can deal with Ghidorah being a freak genetic experiment it's a lot more inventive than a random prehistoric monster.
Except, within the Legendaryverse, King Ghidorah being man-made simply isn't credible. Why? Well, for starters, we do not have the technology to clone something that big. Not even close. But say, theoretically, we did. It would take DECADES for an organism that large to reach full maturity. And where would it he housed? How would it be housed? Having Ghidorah be either an alien entity from space or something that was slumbering on Earth are the most likely options.

three
Keizer

Post by three »

we still haven't found any other life outside of our own planet. none. not even the most minute of creatures with virtually no intelligence.

by contrast, we've cloned things, we've fucked with DNA, and we've caused a lot of problems within our environment, and in more than one instance we didn't even try. that's how easy it is to create a genetic mistake.

so as far as credibility goes, speculating that something might be out there that happens to have three heads and no arms, is golden and gigantic AND can survive the void of space makes less sense than a monster we made, either by mistake or intentionally.

Vatarian
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Vatarian »

three wrote:we still haven't found any other life outside of our own planet. none. not even the most minute of creatures with virtually no intelligence.

by contrast, we've cloned things, we've skreeonked with DNA, and we've caused a lot of problems within our environment, and in more than one instance we didn't even try. that's how easy it is to create a genetic mistake.

so as far as credibility goes, speculating that something might be out there that happens to have three heads and no arms, is golden and gigantic AND can survive the void of space makes less sense than a monster we made, either by mistake or intentionally.

Except it doesn't, when something of that size and power is leagues and miles beyond our capability to make, accidentally or not.

And, uh, did you miss the fossilized bacteria on Mars?

three
Keizer

Post by three »

the fossilized bacteria is as debated as it gets. :lol:

huge or not, my point is this: we've shown the capability at least for one of those two options. even if Ghidorah is impossibly large, the technology to create something monstrous exists, whereas we have no proof that anything lives on another planet.

the only thing i'm commenting on is which one sounds more credible. right now, Ghidorah from space sounds as credible as little green men. Ghidorah from a test tube sounds as credible as a sheep from a test tube. this is entirely on principle mind you and only loosely based on any sort of reality.

Vatarian
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Vatarian »

three wrote:the fossilized bacteria is as debated as it gets. :lol:

huge or not, my point is this: we've shown the capability at least for one of those two options. even if Ghidorah is impossibly large, the technology to create something monstrous exists, whereas we have no proof that anything lives on another planet.

the only thing i'm commenting on is which one sounds more credible. right now, Ghidorah from space sounds as credible as little green men. Ghidorah from a test tube sounds as credible as a sheep from a test tube. this is entirely on principle mind you and only loosely based on any sort of reality.

That's the thing. Ghidorah is NOT as credible as a sheep form a test-tube. That mindset makes me think you don't udnerstand much about cloning.

three
Keizer

Post by three »

Vatarian wrote:
three wrote:the fossilized bacteria is as debated as it gets. :lol:

That's the thing. Ghidorah is NOT as credible as a sheep form a test-tube. That mindset makes me think you don't udnerstand much about cloning.
why are you being so condescending?

i said IN PRINCIPLE. there's an ocean of difference between "the principle" and actually going out and cloning a living animal. i'm using that principle to postulate that we can or will eventually go on to bigger or better things.

conversely, having found no evidence of life in space, it's a less credible principle that life exists. right now, it's all based on the mathematical possibility that life exists in space. it may, and it may not. by contrast, we've cloned things, we've made DNA a toy for science, and we can play with that idea and give it some leeway since we've seen that the possibility is very tangible.

Vatarian
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Vatarian »

I apologize if I came off as condescending. That wasn't my intention. I was trying to express the fact that, while possible to clone things, the technology are resources required to even make a go at cloning King Ghidora are not in our grasp, or even close to in our grasp. In principal, yes, cloning is plausible, but the audience is going to be discerning enough to look at the SCALE of the cloning.

Let me put it this way: we have the capability to make robots. We do not have the capability to make 150 meter, super-durable, super-fast, humanoid robots. The above is the territory of movies where humanity is stated to be notably beyond our current tech, such as in Pacific Rim. Godzilla has shown the audience a world with technology that mirrors are own. The cloning of something like King Ghidora would completely shatter that established setting and contradict the first movie. Sure, you could say the tech was based off scientific breakthroughs made of of four years of studying the MUTO's cells and carcasses, but it would still he iffy.

Space? Scifi's mystery-bag. As you said, probability basically states that in a nearly infinite universe, regardless of how rare life is, there will be, by sheer reason of the cosmos' scale, many, many, many inhabitted worlds. Mathematic equations are, in the words of Herman Gottleby from PR, "the closest thing we have to the handwriting of God". Most people believe in some sort of alien life. In a movie where Earth has giant, super-powerful monsters, super-powerful space-monsters are not too much of a stretch.

three
Keizer

Post by three »

well, i see where you're coming from. the mystery of space preserves the "what if" factor enough.

i don't think a general audience knows that scale would influence ability with regards to cloning. i didn't; that's for sure. when it comes to space though...you may have more trouble selling it.

keep in mind i'm also one of those "not from space" types who wants an Earth-born Ghidorah --- so yea, probably some unintended bias coming through in addition to disagreeing about which idea is more credible. i just think that in an instance where you have two origins, the one that has proven roots would take the spot as most credible vs. the one we're still working on, you know?

Vatarian
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Vatarian »

three wrote:well, i see where you're coming from. the mystery of space preserves the "what if" factor enough.

i don't think a general audience knows that scale would influence ability with regards to cloning. i didn't; that's for sure. when it comes to space though...you may have more trouble selling it.

keep in mind i'm also one of those "not from space" types who wants an Earth-born Ghidorah --- so yea, probably some unintended bias coming through in addition to disagreeing about which idea is more credible. i just think that in an instance where you have two origins, the one that has proven roots would take the spot as most credible vs. the one we're still working on, you know?
Oh, well then, say no more. I totally understand if you have a preference. I was just debating from a logical (well, movie-logic) standpoint.

three
Keizer

Post by three »

Vatarian wrote:Oh, well then, say no more. I totally understand if you have a preference. I was just debating from a logical (well, movie-logic) standpoint.
so was i lol. we can agree to disagree and leave it at that. 8-)

KaijuFiend
Rainbowzilla

Post by KaijuFiend »

I prefer an extraterrestrial origin for Ghidorah.

As for Mothra, I like the idea of an island cult that worships her. I'd like a couple of twins to be involved with her - an idea I liked from another thread was two twin Monarch scientists studying her. From this thread, I love the idea of a tribal version of her song. I'd like for her to start out in larval form and metamorphose into imago later on. I picture her making an epic comeback in imago to save the day at the end while Rodan and Godzilla can't handle Ghidorah on their own.

For Rodan, I would love to see him emerge from a volcano. I agree with others that he makes a great opener to the film - he doesn't need much setup as he's just about the same as Godzilla in terms of origin. It would be cool to see Rodan destroy stuff until Godzilla comes along, and the two fight for territory. Rodan flies away to go heal from his wounds and the two team up later on to take on Ghidorah.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Don't know if this is the correct place but here are my new thoughts on Rodan and Mothra

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJiOe4pqu3o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UuJI_Ib_WMI
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image