How Ghidorah Mothra And Rodan should be introduced in G2018

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
GojiraXDAN
Samurai

How Ghidorah Mothra And Rodan should be introduced in G2018

Post by GojiraXDAN »

Just a topic on how you guys would like these Familiar Kaijus to be introduced in the next Legendary film. Personally for Rodan i'd love to see an updated version of the scene from the original Rodan with the Jet Pilot tracking down rodan, i mean just how that sequence was shot in the Rodan film i think would fit very well with Gareths Directing Style.
My Youtube! Go Check out some of my GMVS and AMVS!: http://www.youtube.com/user/thejoker9998?feature=mhee

KaijuArcade
GPN Volunteer

Re: How Ghidorah Mothra And Rodan should be introduced in G2

Post by KaijuArcade »

Probably won't happen but I would love for Rodan to emerge from a volcano after hibernating in lava. It would help convey that he is very strong and resilient, plus it would be an interesting reverse throwback to the end of the original Rodan where he and his mate were killed by a volcano.

junkerde
Terminated
Terminated

Post by junkerde »

ive always liekd the merging from volcano thing

g2vd
Xilien Halfling

Post by g2vd »

Well. we don't know if they will all appear in G2 however, I really do like this idea of Rodan coming out of a Volcano.
Godzilla

M.o.g.u.e.r.a14
EDF Instructor

Post by M.o.g.u.e.r.a14 »

Rodan? Definitely. King Ghidorah? Well, I don't know.
Fan of Godzilla, Pacific Rim, Sailor Moon, and Transformers.
Dezerb wrote: buenos ding dong didily dias senor.
http://i.imgur.com/PpE0DEQ.gif

Moguera14 X Sailor Moon

tbeasley
EDF Instructor

Post by tbeasley »

It's kind of tough because the MUTOs went over details also related to Rodan and Mothra. They were discovered in a mine like Rodan, have insect-like lifecycles similar to Mothra, and the male was a flyer with leathery wings going back to Rodan. They were also 'villains' threatening the planet (or at least humanity) like Ghidorah. So while I don't think they have to change them THAT much, they might have to simplify details which isn't that big of a deal. They went about Godzilla much like that.

So Rodan could just be another prehistoric reptilian creature like Godzilla, uncovered by man somewhere. Only he's a sky creature while Godzilla comes from the sea. I think that could be an interesting dynamic. Mothra could be a MUTO-like creature, only telepathic with a benevolent quality. I'd like to see Infant Island (or something similar to it) mentioned, but I'm not sure about the Shobijin. But she needs a link to humanity in some way, even if it's more like Princess Salno in Ghidorah the Three-Headed Monster.

As for Ghidorah, I'd like to see him as a dangerous alien presence, but I think he could already be here, instead of falling as a meteorite in the present. I'm think more like the tripods in Spielberg's War of the Worlds. He crashed here long ago and now active, either on his own terms or (again) woken up by man.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

I honestly would not be surprised if Rodan just kinda exists already at the start of the film. Besides he doesn't need all the back story and exposition that Mothra and Ghidorah do.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

M.o.g.u.e.r.a14
EDF Instructor

Post by M.o.g.u.e.r.a14 »

Ghidorah should come from space.
Fan of Godzilla, Pacific Rim, Sailor Moon, and Transformers.
Dezerb wrote: buenos ding dong didily dias senor.
http://i.imgur.com/PpE0DEQ.gif

Moguera14 X Sailor Moon

Karmataurus
Monarch Researcher

Post by Karmataurus »

You know how in a lot of superhero movie sequels they start out fighting a minor enemy? I rather like the idea of the film starting off where a film crew is racing in a news vehicle away from a battle between Godzilla and Rodan, grappling and just beating the crap out of each other. Perhaps some dialogue about how Godzilla's become more powerful since the last film, perhaps he's been battling the increasing numbers of awakening monsters.

I rather fancy the idea of Ghidorah on the moon. I don't know why, but I really like it. Or maybe mars, remember how in Invasion of the Astro Monster Ghidorah destroys mars or whatever? They could find a destroyed ancient civilization there, and a rover could inadvertently awaken Ghidorah. Either way, some how he wakes up and goes to destroy the earth. I also really like the idea that he's the reason the monsters declined during the Permian, why they were forced underground.

Mothra's tricky, I'm not opposed to the whole 'island cult' thing people are going around with but it seems really odd that we wouldn't have found an island large enough to house a giant moth that also has an unknown civilization. It's even more preposterous than Skull Island existing. Perhaps mothra is some sort of anti-ghidorah, left on earth eons ago to prevent a bastion of life from being destroyed, maybe even forcing Ghidorah off after the Permian event.

I really hope Godzilla is stronger in some way here, in the last film he kind of got the snot beaten out of him. I don't care what the explanation is, either that he was just groggy from waking up from millennia of slumber and then traveling across the world to fight monsters or he fed on a reactor or something.

junkerde
Terminated
Terminated

Post by junkerde »

Karmataurus wrote:
I really hope Godzilla is stronger in some way here, in the last film he kind of got the snot beaten out of him. I don't care what the explanation is, either that he was just groggy from waking up from millennia of slumber and then traveling across the world to fight monsters or he fed on a reactor or something.
i agree, maybe they can just say like he awoke from his slumber deprived of radiation, so now hes been taking out reactors for it or something.

Showa Gyaos
Keizer

Post by Showa Gyaos »

I am very fond of having Rodan emerge from a volcano after years of hibernation. I can't think of anything new for Mothra, but I do believe that if Gareth/Max want to retain the "natural balance" idea, she could be a natural byproduct of Earth that protected the planet from domestic and extraterrestrial forces throughout its history. That way, they could introduce King Ghidorah as a dangerous threat from outer space.

But this is just wishful thinking.
ScrumpBump wrote:
BARAGONBREH wrote:What a crap "theory". It's a great time to be alive though, I guess. Buy yourself a MacBook, spout some BS and post it on YouTube and you can make a buncha money.
Kong is Ness and Skull Island is apart of Undertale.

Gib money.

Dino-Mario
G-Force Personnel

Post by Dino-Mario »

Perhaps as a throwback to classic Showa films, Godzilla, Mothra and Rodan should start off as enemies, but will be forced to work together when they see Ghidorah and his cataclysmic power. I specially wonder how they will be able to handle Ghidorah, given the fact he's an evil alien entity who destroys planets and is thus one of the most fantastic monsters on the series, Rodan and Mothra, on the other hand, would be much easier to revamp, but I think it'd be a little tricky to make the Shobijin fairies fit in the Legendary continuity

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

Just make the Shobojin infant islanders. Two twin girls that act as priests for their tribe, which worships Mothra. Maybe they could even do a tribal rendition of the Mothra song. Lead their people in song and prayer for their goddess.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Rather than playing the route of two pint-sized magical fairy girls, maybe they could take the idea and modify it to be more similar to as it was in the original Mothra Novel. A race of pygmys living alongside the natives.

http://www.tohokingdom.com/cutting_room ... ra_sb2.htm

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

junkerde wrote:
Karmataurus wrote:
i agree, maybe they can just say like he awoke from his slumber deprived of radiation, so now hes been taking out reactors for it or something.
You guys must think Showa, Heisei and Kiryu Gojis are all weak to.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

three
Keizer

Post by three »

if the MUTO were Godzilla's natural predators and prey, why wouldn't Mothra be the natural prey of a Rodan? it does eat insect larva after all, and Mothra's babies probably won't start out "gigantic" by Kaiju standards. i can see an ecosystem developing around those two with Godzilla being a mediating factor leading to Ghidorah later.
:pokeball: :cookie: :mechagodzilla: "I'm on a drug called Charlie Sheen" ~ Charlie Sheen

Gojira is:Very Hiroshima®
axnyslie wrote:I read that too quickly I though you said land MINES. Yes they are still out there so step lightly!
Well, I've read through that handbook for the recently deceased. It says: 'live people ignore the strange and unusual. I, myself, am strange and unusual. ~ Lydia Deetz

sir isaac newton is the deadliest son - of - a - bitch in space.

junkerde
Terminated
Terminated

Post by junkerde »

miguelnuva wrote:
junkerde wrote:
Karmataurus wrote:
You guys must think Showa, Heisei and Kiryu Gojis are all weak to.
YOU'RE weak miguel

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

To be honest, I don't think they should take the space alien route when it comes to Ghidorah, especially when they are trying to keep this universe realistic and grounded.

three
Keizer

Post by three »

LegendZilla wrote:To be honest, I don't think they should take the space alien route when it comes to Ghidorah, especially when they are trying to keep this universe realistic and grounded.
i have been saying that for a very, very long time. most of the members who disagreed either left the forum, or want me dead. be warned; it's dangerous out there to want an attempt to pretend we live in a semi-realistic universe.
:pokeball: :cookie: :mechagodzilla: "I'm on a drug called Charlie Sheen" ~ Charlie Sheen

Gojira is:Very Hiroshima®
axnyslie wrote:I read that too quickly I though you said land MINES. Yes they are still out there so step lightly!
Well, I've read through that handbook for the recently deceased. It says: 'live people ignore the strange and unusual. I, myself, am strange and unusual. ~ Lydia Deetz

sir isaac newton is the deadliest son - of - a - bitch in space.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

three wrote:
LegendZilla wrote:To be honest, I don't think they should take the space alien route when it comes to Ghidorah, especially when they are trying to keep this universe realistic and grounded.
i have been saying that for a very, very long time. most of the members who disagreed either left the forum, or want me dead. be warned; it's dangerous out there to want an attempt to pretend we live in a semi-realistic universe.
What's wrong with the suggestion that ETN made in his Youtube video on how to do Ghidorah?