How Ghidorah Mothra And Rodan should be introduced in G2018

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Giga Kaiju
E.S.P.Spy

Re: How Ghidorah Mothra And Rodan should be introduced in G2

Post by Giga Kaiju »

It seems not that hard to make something for Ghidorah as one of the first existences that appeared near the beggining of times just like Godzilla was implied on G14, so there's that.
UNSTOPPABLE FURY. UNTHINKABLE POWER. UNBREAKABLE WILL.
tymon wrote:Man, it really makes me laugh when I remember that all this drama is centered around a fictional, giant atomic monster. Damn you, Godzilla!
Gawdziller wrote:Doesn't matter what's moot or not. We'll just move onto the next thing to bitch about, then tangent onto something unrelated and bitch about that, and get trollbaited back on topic so we can bitch some more. It's the circle of life.

ernesth100
E.S.P.Spy

Post by ernesth100 »

Giga Kaiju wrote:It seems not that hard to make something for Ghidorah as one of the first existences that appeared near the beggining of times just like Godzilla was implied on G14, so there's that.
That reminds me bit off topic but how old is Godzilla in 2014 film? He's gotta be hundreds of years old at least. Which begs the question how did he survive all that time. Even before his atomic upgrades.
Follow The #MoreMonsterVerse Twitter Movement!

Link: https://twitter.com/ExpandtheMV?s=09

We Can Make A Difference! Fans Have A Voice!

Cookson
Futurian

Post by Cookson »

Like I mentioned before, I don't think Ghidorah, Mothra and Rodan are 100% confirmed for any of the films coming out(Skull Island, G2 and GvsKong) anymore.

I was thinking Godzilla vs Kong would end with them teaming up... but I don't know about that either. Godzilla vs. Kong might end up being just that... the two battling throughout the movie till they both had enough and walk away.. setting up a new trilogy after that. That might be when someone like Ghidorah shows up, forcing Kong and Godzilla to team up. Though, I still have hope they will team up to fight Ghidorah in Godzilla vs Kong. What a epic scene that would be...
"We knew the world would not be the same. Few people laughed, few people cried, most people were silent."~Robert Oppenheimer

Noble Saber
Xilien Halfling

Post by Noble Saber »

ernesth100 wrote:
Giga Kaiju wrote:It seems not that hard to make something for Ghidorah as one of the first existences that appeared near the beggining of times just like Godzilla was implied on G14, so there's that.
That reminds me bit off topic but how old is Godzilla in 2014 film? He's gotta be hundreds of years old at least. Which begs the question how did he survive all that time. Even before his atomic upgrades.
Since the Permian era.

A.K.A. a long-ass time.

Let's just say Godzilla bends the rules of biology and sorta just does his own thing.

KaijuDuke
G-Force Personnel

Post by KaijuDuke »

2004Zilla wrote:
ernesth100 wrote:
Since the Permian era.

A.K.A. a long-ass time.

Let's just say Godzilla bends the rules of biology and sorta just does his own thing.

Rules were made to be broken! SKREEONK! :godzilla:

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

ernesth100 wrote:
Godzilla is 250 million years old when we see him in G14.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Giga Kaiju
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Giga Kaiju »

It is an interesting idea to make Godzilla actually OLD for a chance.
tymon wrote:Man, it really makes me laugh when I remember that all this drama is centered around a fictional, giant atomic monster. Damn you, Godzilla!
Gawdziller wrote:Doesn't matter what's moot or not. We'll just move onto the next thing to bitch about, then tangent onto something unrelated and bitch about that, and get trollbaited back on topic so we can bitch some more. It's the circle of life.

Legendary Gojira
Monarch Researcher

Post by Legendary Gojira »

Giga Kaiju wrote:It is an interesting idea to make Godzilla actually OLD for a chance.

Hold up. Godzilla's always been millions of years old, right? Every incarnation I've seen has said that Godzilla woke from his slumber of millions of years when he first appeared in the modern era.

Giga Kaiju
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Giga Kaiju »

But it is quite often being like in a 'cryogenic status' if that makes sense. Doesn't seem as old or 'worn out'. I always perceived Godzilla in the rest of the series as well, 'an adult not an overly old being'.

Legendary Gojira
Monarch Researcher

Post by Legendary Gojira »

Giga Kaiju wrote:But it is quite often being like in a 'cryogenic status' if that makes sense. Doesn't seem as old or 'worn out'. I always perceived Godzilla in the rest of the series as well, 'an adult not an overly old being'.

Ah, I gotcha now. Yeah, I can see that.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Legendary Gojira wrote:
Giga Kaiju wrote:It is an interesting idea to make Godzilla actually OLD for a chance.

Hold up. Godzilla's always been millions of years old, right? Every incarnation I've seen has said that Godzilla woke from his slumber of millions of years when he first appeared in the modern era.
Yes and no. It's been implied by a few films like the original that he is just one of a few species that have reproduced into today. So in other words, Gojira or even Heisei Godzilla could be no older than 80 human years. Heck Minlla and Junior were born pretty recently.

Dr. Yamane hypothesized in the first movie that there is an isolated group living on the bottom of the ocean or in underwater caves and nuclear weapons disturbed them, possibly destroying their food supply. Some incarnation are probably not any older than an old human and some could be older than dirt.

g2vd
Xilien Halfling

Post by g2vd »

Living Corpse wrote:
Legendary Gojira wrote:

Yes and no. It's been implied by a few films like the original that he is just one of a few species that have reproduced into today. So in other words, Gojira or even Heisei Godzilla could be no older than 80 human years. Heck Minlla and Junior were born pretty recently.

Dr. Yamane hypothesized in the first movie that there is an isolated group living on the bottom of the ocean or in underwater caves and nuclear weapons disturbed them, possibly destroying their food supply. Some incarnation are probably not any older than an old human and some could be older than dirt.
Indeed, there was apparently even a scrapped scene in Godzilla 1954 that had Godzilla's whole family killed by the Bomb that woke him up.
KaijuX wrote:
BioBagan wrote:From the Godzilla wiki's (I know) image section posted under the 1954 movie, but I dunno.
http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2014 ... 6709_n.jpg
Ah yes, that. I do believe it was a removed scene they had in mind where Godzilla's family is killed by the atomic bomb that woke him up. I remember reading that somewhere (not Godzilla Wiki, haha).
http://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewto ... ?p=1146412
Godzilla

KaijuDuke
G-Force Personnel

Post by KaijuDuke »

:shock: An entire Godzilla family?....That is a supremely awesome image! 8-)

Giga Kaiju
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Giga Kaiju »

Fascinating. The idea of more than one Godzilla or an entire family is just so fantastical to imagine and awesome at the same time. Nice find there, dude.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Well, we've seen that Godzilla is not one of a kind but a legacy character, Showa, Heisei and the one in the Kiryu films were all shown to be a different individual than the one that showed up in the 1954 film. I think what helps make us treat them as one of kind when they aren't is 1. There's usually only one showing up at a time barring Minlla and Junior and 2. while similar, they are all different in personality, intelligence, speed, power and abilities so no two Godzillas are the same, you have that can magnetize himself and is fast, and another who is slow but has a Nuclear Pulse, they are all individuals unique onto themselves. The only thing they all have in common is they are big, strong, have an atomic breath and their spikes glow when they are powering up said weapon.

Also nice find g2vd, never knew about that.

Giga Kaiju
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Giga Kaiju »

It is certainly nice to know that despite there are/is/were many of Godzilla, each can still be considered different in a way.

Dannybeane
Monsterland Worker

Post by Dannybeane »

I like the fact that the kaiju are functionally immortal. Probably a side effect of having cells that can consume radiation faster than the radiation can disrupt the DNA. Specifically the Monsters need to feed every few hundred years and then find a Uranium deposit/other radiation source and then hibernate. Rodan can explain the mythos of the Thunderbird/Quetzolcoatl from South America. Mothra would of course be from one of the Polynesian Islands. I'd still would like some kind of fantastical origin for Mothra though. In the 50s/60s Nuclear tests poisoned the tribes of the Pacific Islands but the tribes of Infant Island prayed to Mothra and were spared as she drained the Island of the fallout and was reawakened.

As for KG? I'd like it if an earth mission to mars discovered a dormant KG and accidentally awakened him. In their haste to make it back to Earth the crew inadvertently have KG follow them back to Earth. It's revealed that Mars once hosted an alien civilization that was turned to rubble by KG. One of things I've always wanted to see was Ghidorah destroy a world, yet other than blowing up a few buildings on Earth, we've never seen that. I want to see flashbacks of Ghidorah truly wiping out life from a planet. I want gravity bolts and gravity manipulation. I want people being driven to insanity due to Ghidorah's having some type of psychic capabilities. I want Ghidorah to truly be an apocalyptic destroyer of worlds. A Lovecraftian type of golden space dragon that's beyond man's understanding.