The role for King Ghidorah 2018? Good or Bad Guy?

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
The Godzilla Camp
Monsterland Worker

The role for King Ghidorah 2018? Good or Bad Guy?

Post by The Godzilla Camp »

I came to wondering for King Ghidorah 2018 - over the years he's always depicted being against Big-G one way or another - even in GMK Big-G where he was an Ancient Guardian Monster of Japan and despite the fact he's traditionally depicted as a bad guy and evil incarnation of destruction; whilst in King Ghidorah 1991 - well Mecha-King Ghidorah's case he was somewhat a 'good guy' - well probably not exactly a 'good guy' Kaiju monster 100% BUT he was fighting against Big-G being one of his traditional and most prolific enemies as we know; however for King Ghidorah 2018 what might he be?

So might he be:

1.) Going back to his Showa or traditional roots being a bad-guy monster destroying Mars and somewhat under Alien Control and being hard to kill unless either Big-G gets a crazy-ass power-up or the controls get screwed to sky-high or Destroy All Monsters style curb-stomping?

2.) Being a Guardian Monster of Japan like in GMK and Big-G 2018 will be a bad guy?

3.) Either one of the above BUT - instead King Ghidorah 2018 will be also 'resurrected' as a Mecha-King Ghidorah 2018 or potentially new hybid?

:g2k: :g2k: :g2k:

Xx_The_Masquerade_xX
Futurian

Re: The role for King Ghidorah 2018? Good or Bad Guy?

Post by Xx_The_Masquerade_xX »

He should be a planet destroyer no doubt, kind of like how ''Reign of Fire'' Dragon's with them causing the extinction of the Dinosaur's and when life was non-existent it either slept or fly off into space.

He should def not be a hero of any kind. Godzilla should need serious help to bring him down. From both humans and other monsters.

morgoth
G-Force Personnel

Post by morgoth »

Bad guy all the way. I hope there is no Mecha King Ghidorah but that is my bias showing because I'm not really into "mech's." What I would love to see in the second film is Godzilla battling Gigan similar to the final wars version. All the while this battle is taking place we see Serizawa and Graham discovering monster island and the monsters living on it (Rodan. Mothra, Anguirus.) After G defeats Gigan, we see G arrive at this uncharted monster island. Towards the end of the film we are at a NASA command center and they see a UFO speeding towards earth, this UFO turns out to be King Ghidorah. We then get to see him destroy a major metropolitan center on earth. Then the movie ends. I also think KG should be massive; 50% taller than G and a huge wingspan, nasty red eyes, each head has a beard, and two horns on each head. I think they need to make him an absolutely nasty sadistic bastard; the kind you want to see G and the other monsters destroy or at least drive from earth, unlike the MUTO which some people felt compassion for as they were just trying to reproduce and live. KG on the other just has one purpose: to kill for sport.
"The wait was not a long one."

"The Devil has three heads."

The Godzilla Camp
Monsterland Worker

XxComablack1937xX wrote:He should be a planet destroyer no doubt, kind of like how ''Reign of Fire'' Dragon's with them causing the extinction of the Dinosaur's and when life was non-existent it either slept or fly off into space.

He should def not be a hero of any kind. Godzilla should need serious help to bring him down. From both humans and other monsters.
Hello again! I see what you mean - it was just where in the past like GMK or Mecha-King Ghidorah 1991 for the matter were somewhat 'good guy' versions of King Ghidorah to an extent - but still fighting against Big-G though ...

Although I wonder if they (MONARCH) in the 2018 film will provide MORE information about King Ghidorah 2018's background and such - given if Big-G 2014 was an 'Ancient Alpha Predator of a Primordial Ecosystem born Millions of Years before Mankind...' and the fact how he was able to survive the P-T Extinction Event in Big-G Awakening ... plus the Atomic Bomb Tests in 1954 all these years ... but as with King Ghidorah 2018 ... hmm ... or would they also possibly have another Princess from Mars or Venus or wherever in Outer Space to provide 'a warning' of King Ghidorah 2018 or something ...

G2000
Xilien Halfling

Post by G2000 »

Bad. He's Godzilla's archnemesis, for christ's sake. To make him good would be....like a thing that really shouldn't happen.
gerdzerl wrote:DONT STOP G2000 YOU SEXY BEAST

Janjira-York
G-Force Personnel

Post by Janjira-York »

Im all out for a good ghidorah, but seeing that Legendary has Mothra and rodan, and can create monsters of their own I can't see a way to pull out a GGG or Goog guy Ghidorah in a convinvcing way.

Soooooo for 2018 let him be an ancient abomination, a genetic thing with bad plot holes all over him or a Space dragon that somehow flies in the space, but keep him as the antagonist, or in other words ''the bad guy''

The Godzilla Camp
Monsterland Worker

Janjira-York wrote:Im all out for a good ghidorah, but seeing that Legendary has Mothra and rodan, and can create monsters of their own I can't see a way to pull out a GGG or Goog guy Ghidorah in a convinvcing way.

Soooooo for 2018 let him be an ancient abomination, a genetic thing with bad plot holes all over him or a Space dragon that somehow flies in the space, but keep him as the antagonist, or in other words ''the bad guy''
Now that you mention it - well - wouldn't Mosura 2018 - WHAT IF THEY MADE HER THE BAD GUY?! I mean its just a speculation BUT consider - most of the time Mosura fights on the behalf of humanity usually is against Godzilla OR even if she fights alongside Godzilla its for the benefit of humanity or rather Earth and nature BUT suppose IF Legendary made MOSURA 2018 THE BAD GUY - wouldn't that be interesting? I mean Mosura 1961 wasn't exactly 'Fairy Godmother' ... and the fact she only cared about her people and her twin priestesses ... and there was Battra in 1992 who was a 'dark clone' counterpart to Mosura 1992 .... and wouldn't it be interesting though?

I mean afterall if King Ghidorah in GMK was the 'good guy' or rather an Ancient Guardian Monster of Japan ... why not then Mosura in 2018 being the bad guy eh?

Janjira-York
G-Force Personnel

Post by Janjira-York »

certanly interesting, but I can see that is more out of character than ghidorah good guy,
Now Batra in the other hand....

make her a ''godness'' in the way that she cares about the nature and MAYBE (in capital leters) if she ends up living in a island let her be benevolent to the people that worships her, and be somewhat careless about the other greed world around her, but in a way of beeing like Godzilla, like ''oh is abuilding in my way?, hum I just dodge it'' <--- that is what I'll like in mothra

The Godzilla Camp
Monsterland Worker

Janjira-York wrote:certanly interesting, but I can see that is more out of character than ghidorah good guy,
Now Batra in the other hand....

make her a ''godness'' in the way that she cares about the nature and MAYBE (in capital leters) if she ends up living in a island let her be benevolent to the people that worships her, and be somewhat careless about the other greed world around her, but in a way of beeing like Godzilla, like ''oh is abuilding in my way?, hum I just dodge it'' <--- that is what I'll like in mothra
Now that you mention it - well Mosura half the time was on behalf of nature as well - not just her people or what the welfare of her priestesses would be haha :) And for the matter then again who knows?

I mean its 3 years around the corner before Godzilla 2 STOMPS OUT OF THE CINEMAS >:D ...

Then again ... this may be absurd BUT can you imagine IF the Kaiju COULD SPEAK? And I'm not talking just telepathically ...

I could laugh and imagine King Ghidorah speaking cryptically in 'triple riddles' not unlike ... SMAUG ;)

Janjira-York
G-Force Personnel

Post by Janjira-York »

Give him a voice for head
Head 1 Peter Cullen
Head 2 Guy Manuel from daft Punk
Head 3 Mark Hamil using the joker voice.

Kaiju's with voice could be interesting, or as history has show us....

G-''Heeey Anguila, s'mpding funny ish going un, we better chek''
Anguirus- ''K''

The Godzilla Camp
Monsterland Worker

Janjira-York wrote:Give him a voice for head
Head 1 Peter Cullen
Head 2 Guy Manuel from daft Punk
Head 3 Mark Hamil using the joker voice.

Kaiju's with voice could be interesting, or as history has show us....

G-''Heeey Anguila, s'mpding funny ish going un, we better chek''
Anguirus- ''K''
Hello again! Well - then again Benedict Cumberbach is another VERY VERY GOOD CANDIDATE for the 'Middle Head' of King Ghidorah 2018 IF he could speak ;)

KaijuArcade
GPN Volunteer

Post by KaijuArcade »

Bad guy all the way. Having him be a good guy/benevolent ancient guardian was one of the dumbest things about GMK.

KManX89
Gotengo Officer

Post by KManX89 »

The Godzilla Camp wrote:
Janjira-York wrote:Im all out for a good ghidorah, but seeing that Legendary has Mothra and rodan, and can create monsters of their own I can't see a way to pull out a GGG or Goog guy Ghidorah in a convinvcing way.

Now that you mention it - well - wouldn't Mosura 2018 - WHAT IF THEY MADE HER THE BAD GUY?! I mean its just a speculation BUT consider - most of the time Mosura fights on the behalf of humanity usually is against Godzilla OR even if she fights alongside Godzilla its for the benefit of humanity or rather Earth and nature BUT suppose IF Legendary made MOSURA 2018 THE BAD GUY - wouldn't that be interesting? I mean Mosura 1961 wasn't exactly 'Fairy Godmother' ... and the fact she only cared about her people and her twin priestesses ... and there was Battra in 1992 who was a 'dark clone' counterpart to Mosura 1992 .... and wouldn't it be interesting though?

I mean afterall if King Ghidorah in GMK was the 'good guy' or rather an Ancient Guardian Monster of Japan ... why not then Mosura in 2018 being the bad guy eh?
Actually, no, Mothra is supposed to be a kaiju saint, it's a staple of her character. Having her be anything but would be Mothra In Name Only, pretty much G98ing her.

And on that note, bad Ghids all the way, he's Godzilla's arch nemesis FFS. I'm hoping he comes down from the meteorite causing the mass extinction of the dinosaurs, then have Monarch study it, but then send it back to space after discovering the truth while covering it up as NASA ordering it sent it back to space which is discovered towards the end of the film, I think that would be a nice plot twist, since we all know Monarch specializes in shady cover-ups. Then have the final fight scene end in an ambiguous ending where it's later revealed that Ghidorah survived (like say, SDCC 2018 for the G3 reveal) leading to a DAM remake featuring him, a Legendary MechaGodzilla (which was revealed to be in production as a top secret project from the Godzilla Phillipines skeleton found in G14 early on in the film and is referenced several times as an easter egg), Anguirus, Rodan and an assortment of other monsters, perhaps a few new ones of their own as well. This is all in my fanons for the 2 Legendary Godzilla sequels (see below).
My Game Ideas Page | My Blu-Ray Collection

~"Now I Am Become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds"

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Evil.

Done.

Gojora
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gojora »

Evil.
Because we need evil in the 2018 film.
TK's Touhou resident.
Basically the only guy here that likes the Shadow Arena.
RIP Shadow Arena, it was my favorite place...
Resized Image
Kaijunator wrote:
Derzerb wrote:Apocalymon makes this fight one-sided since he can flat out delete enemies or he could just wipe out the entire dimension.
Delete enemies. Lol.
Apocalymon: I want to delete my opponents. *goes to computer* and delete! *presses delete button, all enemies get deleted*.

Ryguy
EDF Instructor

Post by Ryguy »

He shouldn't actually be "evil" in the same vein as like Thanos (because you know he is a wild animal), but he should be a true villain. Why is it so hard to comprehend?
"And now you will walk to him, and you will battle him to the death. Green and Brown. Fight night. The greatest gladiator match in the history of the world: reptile versus primate; day versus night; King of Monsters versus Kong of Skull Island!"

junkerde
Terminated
Terminated

Post by junkerde »

this evil. rises.

the godziller, must come back.

**skreeonk**

phaz0ngoji
Interpol Agent

Post by phaz0ngoji »

This series is for a new generation. There's no other option but for them to stick to Ghidorah's roots and make him evil.

Space Hunter M
EDF Instructor

Post by Space Hunter M »

phaz0ngoji wrote:This series is for a new generation.
Star Godzilla: The Next Generation?

Showa Gyaos
Keizer

Post by Showa Gyaos »

King Ghidorah needs to be a villain. Could he be evil? Maybe, but I would prefer that he act like his 1964 counterpart--a maniacal destroyer of life.
ScrumpBump wrote:
BARAGONBREH wrote:What a crap "theory". It's a great time to be alive though, I guess. Buy yourself a MacBook, spout some BS and post it on YouTube and you can make a buncha money.
Kong is Ness and Skull Island is apart of Undertale.

Gib money.