The role for King Ghidorah 2018? Good or Bad Guy?

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
three
Keizer

Re: The role for King Ghidorah 2018? Good or Bad Guy?

Post by three »

All_Humans_Must_Die wrote:what if Ghidorah is a creature that is higher on the food chain than Godzilla, because considering that in the Legendary universe, Godzilla and MUTO (soon Rodan and Mothra) are the only ones who have been discovered so far and people know about nothing of the environment that the creatures are used to or who existed with them and in other films it requires multiple kaiju to defeat him I would imagine Ghidorah is, not the alpha predator but one of the top predators
i don't want Ghidorah to be a part of the natural order. i want it to be an unnatural monstrosity that doesn't belong here.
:pokeball: :cookie: :mechagodzilla: "I'm on a drug called Charlie Sheen" ~ Charlie Sheen

Gojira is:Very Hiroshima®
axnyslie wrote:I read that too quickly I though you said land MINES. Yes they are still out there so step lightly!
Well, I've read through that handbook for the recently deceased. It says: 'live people ignore the strange and unusual. I, myself, am strange and unusual. ~ Lydia Deetz

sir isaac newton is the deadliest son - of - a - bitch in space.

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Lain Of The Wired »

three wrote:
All_Humans_Must_Die wrote:what if Ghidorah is a creature that is higher on the food chain than Godzilla, because considering that in the Legendary universe, Godzilla and MUTO (soon Rodan and Mothra) are the only ones who have been discovered so far and people know about nothing of the environment that the creatures are used to or who existed with them and in other films it requires multiple kaiju to defeat him I would imagine Ghidorah is, not the alpha predator but one of the top predators
i don't want Ghidorah to be a part of the natural order. i want it to be an unnatural monstrosity that doesn't belong here.
King Ghidorah: Illegal Alien
Never forget tadpole :godzilla:

three
Keizer

Post by three »

i told you, Ghidorah is a job thief. he keeps taking good american jobs.
:pokeball: :cookie: :mechagodzilla: "I'm on a drug called Charlie Sheen" ~ Charlie Sheen

axnyslie wrote:I read that too quickly I though you said land MINES. Yes they are still out there so step lightly!
Well, I've read through that handbook for the recently deceased. It says: 'live people ignore the strange and unusual. I, myself, am strange and unusual. ~ Lydia Deetz

PRIMEVAL
Gotengo Officer

Post by PRIMEVAL »

Lain Of The Wired wrote:
PRIMEVAL wrote:We were never given deep back stories for LegenGoji or the MUTOs, so I don't expect a lengthy one for Ghidorah or the other kaiju.
I've noticed, kids these days want EVERYTHING explained to them. Back in my day, we had things called "mystery", and that made things more fun!
That's what I loved about the older Godzilla films. Hardly any of the of monsters had a deep back story. Godzilla was said to be a prehistoric creature, nothing specific. Not a T. Rex fused with a Steggy, and certainly not a Godzillasaurus (I really hate that concept from the Heisei era), just a prehistoric beast. Mystery is indeed much more fun, brings in the speculations.

gigan72
Keizer

Post by gigan72 »

Evil Ghidorah all the way. No reason for him to be good, it just doesn't fit.
[quote="KaijuFiend"][quote="Birdman"]Do you like what you see?[/quote]
No, and if I didn't value my eyesight so much, I'd bleach my eyes so I never had to see that shit again.[/quote]

11-22-13/11-23-14/12-27-14

M.o.g.u.e.r.a14
EDF Instructor

Post by M.o.g.u.e.r.a14 »

Evil Ghidorah. King ghidorah has got to be 168 meters.
Fan of Godzilla, Pacific Rim, Sailor Moon, and Transformers.
Dezerb wrote: buenos ding dong didily dias senor.
http://i.imgur.com/PpE0DEQ.gif

Moguera14 X Sailor Moon

three
Keizer

Post by three »

M.o.g.u.e.r.a14 wrote:Evil Ghidorah. King ghidorah has got to be 168 meters.
oddly specific. why?

M.o.g.u.e.r.a14
EDF Instructor

three wrote:
oddly specific. why?
Heisei Godzilla- 100 meters
Heisei King ghidorah- 150 meters

Legendary Godzilla- 108 meters
Legendary King ghidorah- 158 meters. Let's just drop the other 10 meters.
Legendary Rodan- 85 meters
Legendary Mothra length- 68 meters

Edit:
Legendary Anguirus height- 94 meters
Legendary Titanosaurus height- 125 meters

There ya go.
Last edited by M.o.g.u.e.r.a14 on Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:37 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Moguera14 X Sailor Moon

All_Humans_Must_Die
G-Grasper

Post by All_Humans_Must_Die »

M.o.g.u.e.r.a14 wrote:
three wrote:
oddly specific. why?
Heisei Godzilla- 100 meters
Heisei King ghidorah- 150 meters

Legendary Godzilla- 108 meters
Legendary King ghidorah- 158 meters. Let's just drop the other 10 meters.
Legendary Rodan- 85 meters
Legendary Mothra length- 68 meters
that's about right, how big would anguirus and titanosaurus be if they made it into one of these movies
For the sake of peace, for the sake of balance, and for the sake of the earth... All humans must die

PRIMEVAL
Gotengo Officer

Post by PRIMEVAL »

Why make Rodan and Mothra that much smaller than Godzilla? In Showa Era, they were his size. Actually, I believe Mothra was a bit bigger than him.

All_Humans_Must_Die
G-Grasper

PRIMEVAL wrote:Why make Rodan and Mothra that much smaller than Godzilla? In Showa Era, they were his size. Actually, I believe Mothra was a bit bigger than him.
in order to be able to fly you need a lighter body than a landlubber along with having significantly less mass to lift (ex. how small the male MUTO is compared to the female and Godzilla) and since Ghidorah is from another world/galaxy the reason for his ability of flight is probably very different from earth dwelling kaiju
For the sake of peace, for the sake of balance, and for the sake of the earth... All humans must die

junkerde
Terminated
Terminated

Post by junkerde »

All_Humans_Must_Die wrote:
PRIMEVAL wrote:Why make Rodan and Mothra that much smaller than Godzilla? In Showa Era, they were his size. Actually, I believe Mothra was a bit bigger than him.
in order to be able to fly you need a lighter body than a landlubber along with having significantly less mass to lift (ex. how small the male MUTO is compared to the female and Godzilla) and since Ghidorah is from another world/galaxy the reason for his ability of flight is probably very different from earth dwelling kaiju
aka: because its gotta be gritty, grounded and ultra-realistic

All_Humans_Must_Die
G-Grasper

junkerde wrote:
aka: because its gotta be gritty, grounded and ultra-realistic
for the legendary series, not necessarily (considering that creatures of this size are both physically and biologically impossible to live on earth). for the toho series, I could say otherwise

PRIMEVAL
Gotengo Officer

Post by PRIMEVAL »

I didn't think the MUTO was small to be "realistically" able to fly, but because he was a male instectoid creature, which are usually smaller than females.

All_Humans_Must_Die
G-Grasper

PRIMEVAL wrote:I didn't think the MUTO was small to be "realistically" able to fly, but because he was a male instectoid creature, which are usually smaller than females.
they're vertebrates and I did like the sexual dimorphism between the two, I thought that was interesting

M.o.g.u.e.r.a14
EDF Instructor

PRIMEVAL wrote:I didn't think the MUTO was small to be "realistically" able to fly, but because he was a male instectoid creature, which are usually smaller than females.
they're vertebrates and I did like the sexual dimorphism between the two, I thought that was interesting
It makes it sound like they can be actual natural creatures.

Moguera14 X Sailor Moon

All_Humans_Must_Die
G-Grasper

M.o.g.u.e.r.a14 wrote:
It makes it sound like they can be actual natural creatures.

the main reason why I like Legendary's approach to Godzilla

M.o.g.u.e.r.a14
EDF Instructor

Yeah. And also, how could Legendary Godzilla's heart beat for that long?

Moguera14 X Sailor Moon

All_Humans_Must_Die
G-Grasper

M.o.g.u.e.r.a14 wrote:Yeah. And also, how could Legendary Godzilla's heart beat for that long?
how long what :eh:

M.o.g.u.e.r.a14
EDF Instructor

M.o.g.u.e.r.a14 wrote:Yeah. And also, how could Legendary Godzilla's heart beat for that long?
how long what :eh:
More than thousands of years. :| Godzilla's heart needs TONS of energy to breathe for that long.

Moguera14 X Sailor Moon