Technical question: Did anyone see the film on 35mm?

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Space Hunter M
EDF Instructor

Technical question: Did anyone see the film on 35mm?

Post by Space Hunter M »

If so, does anyone remember where the reel changeover cue marks popped up? IMDb lists a reel count of six. Didn't get a chance to see the film at the theater that still does release prints last summer, so maybe someone like Chris55 could answer this question.

Chris55
Site Director | Media Relations
Site Director | Media Relations

Re: Technical question: Did anyone see the film on 35mm?

Post by Chris55 »

Space Hunter M wrote:If so, does anyone remember where the reel changeover cue marks popped up? IMDb lists a reel count of six. Didn't get a chance to see the film at the theater that still does release prints last summer, so maybe someone like Chris55 could answer this question.
https://38.media.tumblr.com/10267eb21bb ... o1_500.gif
You know, I'd have to ask about this. I had no idea they did 35mm. Both the pre-screening on May 1st and the premiere were in 3D, I know that much.
Your misconceptions and fantasies along with your misguided sense of entitlement don't dictate my actions.

Pkmatrix
Futurian

Post by Pkmatrix »

I certainly didn't, I'm not aware of any mainstream chain theaters in my area that still play movies in 35mm. Every one I know of is digital nowadays.

Zillamon51
GPN Volunteer

Post by Zillamon51 »

There is a second run / discount theater that I go to sometimes that shows well-worn film prints of recent Hollywood films after they're played out at regular theaters. While one would think everything is digital now, they get these prints from somewhere. (They have 16 screens and are currently showing Mockingjay and The Hobbit: BotFA.)