Potential Crossovers

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Shazam14
EDF Instructor

Potential Crossovers

Post by Shazam14 »

Though this is highly unlikely, seeing as how we're in a boom period for kaiju, would you guys enjoy a crossover with Godzilla? I'd be completely fine with Godzilla x Pacific Rim, King Kong vs Godzilla 2 or even a crossover between Legendary Godzilla and Toho's new reboot of Godzilla.

Gerdzerl

Re: Potential Crossovers

Post by Gerdzerl »

I'd like to see a Godzilla / Pacific Rim crossover and a King Kong / Godzilla crossover.

kaiju115
JXSDF Technician

Post by kaiju115 »

Me too, especially a Godzilla/Pacific Rim crossover.
SHIN GOJIRA IS AWESOME!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/user/kaiju115

Twitter: https://twitter.com/Kaiju115
Hope Legendary's Godzilla gets more than a Trilogy

Janjira-York
G-Force Personnel

Post by Janjira-York »

yeah because they can totally make a fight betwen the new godzilla and king kons as sucesfull as the 62
But thepacific rim crossoversounds like a plan to me

Legendary Gojira
Monarch Researcher

Post by Legendary Gojira »

I would LOVE an updated King Kong vs Godzilla.

How would you guys picture Kong? A giant gorilla, like Peter Jackson's Kong? A giant ape, not necessarily a gorilla, who mostly moves around on two feet instead of knuckle-dragging? And how would you explain his size, since he'd have to be way larger than ever to match Legendary's Godzilla?

Watching Jackson's Kong lately, I love how real Weta made him look, but not too keen on him just being a giant silverback. What made Kong interesting is that he seemed like an unknown species of ape, similar to a gorilla, but something more primitive. Of course, Kong was probably based on what the general public knew of gorillas back then, but I still liked that he seemed like something more than just a gorilla.

And I'd love a crossover with Pacific Rim, but a rematch a with Kong would be a priority with me.

Gerdzerl

Post by Gerdzerl »

Assuming a remake of KKVG DID exist, I'd want for him look like a hybrid between '33 Kong and '05 Kong, with Toho Kong's brown fur.

Gojora
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gojora »

I would love a Godzilla vs Gamera crossover only if they ACTUALLY got a gamera film.
An well i'm up for Godzilla vs Pacific Rim.
TK's Touhou resident.
Basically the only guy here that likes the Shadow Arena.
RIP Shadow Arena, it was my favorite place...
Resized Image
Kaijunator wrote:
Derzerb wrote:Apocalymon makes this fight one-sided since he can flat out delete enemies or he could just wipe out the entire dimension.
Delete enemies. Lol.
Apocalymon: I want to delete my opponents. *goes to computer* and delete! *presses delete button, all enemies get deleted*.

JGAR
Futurian

Post by JGAR »

The only crossover I can see happening is a remake of King Kong VS Godzilla, and that's because its been done before and we haven't heard any plot details yet from Kong: Skull Island; so we can assume if its going to fit in this Godzilla universe. A crossover between Pacific Rim and Godzilla can't happen, both movies have different tones and their own timelines. Its just not going to make sense.
Yooo 8-)

KingZillla
Interpol Agent

Post by KingZillla »

No thanks.
We knew the world would not be the same. A few people laughed, a few people cried, most people were silent... Now, I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." -The King Returns, 2016.

Let them fight - 2019

G2000
Xilien Halfling

Post by G2000 »

Hmmmm....

Well, I don't think any crossovers have a chance of happening on film, but it might be possible to see them in other forms of media-comics, most likely. I mean, we got Terminator/Robocop crossovers, DC/Aliens crossovers, etc.

The one I think would most likely happen would be PacRim/Godzilla, due to similarities between the two and that Legendary owns the rights to both. Kong/Godzilla might happen, but I doubt it, due to size differences and all. Yeah, okay, you can scale up Kong or shrink Godzilla, but I don't think Legendary would do something like that.
gerdzerl wrote:DONT STOP G2000 YOU SEXY BEAST

Ultron
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Ultron »

Fuck that! No crossovers!

KManX89
Gotengo Officer

Post by KManX89 »

G2000 wrote:The one I think would most likely happen would be PacRim/Godzilla, due to similarities between the two and that Legendary owns the rights to both.
Except for the fact that Pacific Rim is now under LP's new deal with Universal while Godzilla is staying under their old deal under WB. Unless they agreed to co-distribute it or somethin (WB and Universal), it can't happen per licensing agreements.
My Game Ideas Page | My Blu-Ray Collection

~"Now I Am Become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds"

G2000
Xilien Halfling

Post by G2000 »

KManX89 wrote:Except for the fact that Pacific Rim is now under LP's new deal with Universal while Godzilla is staying under their old deal under WB. Unless they agreed to co-distribute it or somethin (WB and Universal), it can't happen per licensing agreements.
That is true, isn't it...well, crossovers weren't that likely to happen anyway.

Legendary Gojira
Monarch Researcher

Post by Legendary Gojira »

G2000 wrote:
KManX89 wrote:Except for the fact that Pacific Rim is now under LP's new deal with Universal while Godzilla is staying under their old deal under WB. Unless they agreed to co-distribute it or somethin (WB and Universal), it can't happen per licensing agreements.
That is true, isn't it...well, crossovers weren't that likely to happen anyway.

Nope, but it's fun to imagine them anyways. ;)

As far as Gamera goes, that's right up there with Kong as the crossover I'd want most. I'd love to see what Legendary could do with Gamera in CGI. How would you guys visualize Gamera?

In this universe, I'm leaning towards him being a prehistoric turtle (of course, one made up for this series). He'd have the fireball shooting power as he did in the Heisei series (that was a hella cool update to Gamera's flame shooting power). Don't know about him having teeth/tusks. I'd probably have his mouth more beak-like, like an alligator snapping turtle, with semi tusk-like formations on it.

He mainly move around on all fours, but have the ability to stand on two feet when in combat. Still trying to work out in my head if he'd have his jet-propulsion flying ability. Yeah, I know it's a trademark of Gamera, but I'm trying to make it work for this universe in my head. Now, if we're talking a Gamera/Pacific Rim crossover, it would easily work, as you could keep his Atlantis origins from the Heisei series. And would be fun as hell, too (imagine Gamera fighting the likes of Slattern and Otachi).

KotM311
Monarch Researcher

Post by KotM311 »

Godzilla vs King Kong - Yeah, needs to happen - Big Box Office potential
Godzilla vs Gamera - no thanks
Godzilla Avengers - Wow they could do a lot of action in this movie
Godzilla Pacific Rim - pure logic, great stuff
Godzilla vs Alien - Super Alien needed
Godzilla vs Godzilla - my favourite - GMK Style vs Legendary Godzilla
Godzilla vs Predators - Predators trying to get their biggest Trophy

ernesth100
E.S.P.Spy

Post by ernesth100 »

I want a GodzillaCinematic Avengers style team up.

Perhaps a Godzilla Generations team p where G2014 teams up with past and future versions of Godzilla to defeat a powerful enemy. Team would consistbof.

Godzilla(2014)
Godzilla(1954)
Godzilla(Hesei)
Godzilla(Millennium)
MechaGodzilla

And MAYBE 1998 Zilla.

Or Instead a Kaiju Avengers Team like

Godzilla
King Kong
Gipsy Danger
Gamera

And Maybe Ultraman.

Edit: I also would be fine with just Pacific Rim/Godzilla.
Follow The #MoreMonsterVerse Twitter Movement!

Link: https://twitter.com/ExpandtheMV?s=09

We Can Make A Difference! Fans Have A Voice!

KManX89
Gotengo Officer

Post by KManX89 »

Also, a Godzilla/Pacific Rim crossover is a no-go, they're 2 totally different timelines and tones.

King Kong vs Godzilla maybe, but that would also require a co-distribution deal between WB and Universal since that has also moved to their new Universal label. They would also have to write in a plot device to up Kong's size, which would completely strip the grounded setting they're aiming for.
My Game Ideas Page | My Blu-Ray Collection

~"Now I Am Become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds"

G2000
Xilien Halfling

Post by G2000 »

KManX89 wrote:Also, a Godzilla/Pacific Rim crossover is a no-go, they're 2 totally different timelines and tones.

King Kong vs Godzilla maybe, but that would also require a co-distribution deal between WB and Universal since that has also moved to their new Universal label. They would also have to write in a plot device to up Kong's size, which would completely strip the grounded setting they're aiming for.
And that's why I'm saying it's actually easier to do a Godzilla/Pacific Rim crossover; yeah, the tones are somewhat different, but it's eaiser to link Godzilla and Pacific Rim simply by opening a portal between their universes-I mean, the denizens of the Anteverse have already demonstrated that they can do it, and it's not much of a stretch to say that humanity will try and replicate it. That requires much less suspension of disbelief on the part of the audience than creating some ad hoc plot device to make Kong grow.

junkerde
Terminated
Terminated

Post by junkerde »

well NOW its easier to link TOHO's 2016 universe to pacific rims which imo might be better

Eunectes
Gotengo Officer

Post by Eunectes »

There won't be any crossovers. Period.

Maybe Toho x Legendary if they are considering it, but nothing is crossing over with anything outside of the Godzilla franchise.