Classic Monster Themes for 2018

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Spuro
Keizer

Re: Classic Monster Themes for 2018

Post by Spuro »

If they're using Mothra you know they HAVE to have the Mothra theme in there somewhere. :P
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

phaz0ngoji
Interpol Agent

Post by phaz0ngoji »

Space Hunter M wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5A4OMcWGDU
This plz.

Space Hunter M, I stared at your avatar during while listening to the entirety of that track. You have no idea how perfectly that worked out.

All in all, it did take me a long time to get used to Desplat's music. It had to grow onto me but I do feel whoever is working on the G14 sequel (Desplat or not) can take what Desplat did and improve upon it without having to compose an entirely new score. There are some pretty cool and catchy moments in the G14 soundtrack, so I'm not all too upset about the omission of Ifukube's themes (even though I feel the film would have benefited greatly had they been in there). I would like to see darker versions of the opening sequence, and also a re-work of this theme (probably my favorite track from the G14 score): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmWjJ0dmJ4g

I can see that track becoming the LP Godzilla's theme in further sequels but the problem is that they just kinda randomly stuck it into different parts of the movie, no singular theme in the movie is associated with Godzilla himself. I think that's probably my biggest gripe with the G14 soundtrack.

KManX89
Gotengo Officer

Post by KManX89 »

Except wouldn't they have to pay royalties to Toho to use even remixed versions of their themes? If so, then IDK if it's really worth just a piece of music from them, and I shutter to think how much they would charge Edwards/Tull/Legendary to use it if that's the case, everybody knows they charge out the ass to use their monsters.
My Game Ideas Page | My Blu-Ray Collection

~"Now I Am Become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds"

EmperorGhidorah
Gotengo Officer

Post by EmperorGhidorah »

KManX89 wrote:Except wouldn't they have to pay royalties to Toho to use even remixed versions of their themes? If so, then IDK if it's really worth just a piece of music from them, and I shutter to think how much they would charge Edwards/Tull/Legendary to use it if that's the case, everybody knows they charge out the ass to use their monsters.
They'll probably use the money for Godzilla 2016 ;).
"In the Name of God, impure souls of the living dead shall be banished to eternal damnation. Amen."

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

I wouldn't be opposed to Rodan and Ghidorah's theme being remixed to fit the tone of Legendary's films, but I also don't want to hear them whenever they show up; have it just be a one time thing as a nod or something.

#BotM

Gelo
Monsterland Worker

Post by Gelo »

I agree with some that said the original theme wouldn't really fit, but I really love how Toho kind of remixed it in Always 2, amazing.
http://youtu.be/4oDouJ9IrVc
On March 1st, 1954 at exactly 8:50AM, Operation: Lucky Dragon commenced.

ScouseGojira
GPN Volunteer

Post by ScouseGojira »

The opening theme, the music during the hawaii sequence,before he unleashes his atomic ray for the first time, the victory score and the back to the ocean theme are all phenomenal and I would suggest it wins the Oscar for best soundtrack of the year. Keep Desplat and leave the Legendary series to it's own music, Toho will give us the Godzilla march back.

three
Keizer

Post by three »

i really don't care what other theme they have, but one theme that i was sorely disappointed to have missed, and frankly, one that is as iconic as the character itself is the Godzilla march.

say what you will; it needs to come back.
:pokeball: :cookie: :mechagodzilla: "I'm on a drug called Charlie Sheen" ~ Charlie Sheen

Gojira is:Very Hiroshima®
axnyslie wrote:I read that too quickly I though you said land MINES. Yes they are still out there so step lightly!
Well, I've read through that handbook for the recently deceased. It says: 'live people ignore the strange and unusual. I, myself, am strange and unusual. ~ Lydia Deetz

sir isaac newton is the deadliest son - of - a - bitch in space.

kamilleblu
G-Grasper

Post by kamilleblu »

three wrote:i really don't care what other theme they have, but one theme that i was sorely disappointed to have missed, and frankly, one that is as iconic as the character itself is the Godzilla march.

say what you will; it needs to come back.
We agree on something for once. That's... that's impossible. Jk.

But yeah, Godzilla's March really needs to be included. And a better soundtrack in general.

Janjira-York
G-Force Personnel

Post by Janjira-York »

Bring Hanz Zimmer, Jablonsky or Williams to do a up-date in this

GojiMet86
GPN Volunteer

Post by GojiMet86 »

I don't mind the classic theme not appearing for the next film, although I would like it if Desplat's theme made it.

Janjira-York
G-Force Personnel

Post by Janjira-York »

The new theme isn't ''bad'' but it isn't as catchy as a March
or verry reconosible, It needs more pasion its to ''long to set up''

M.o.g.u.e.r.a14
EDF Instructor

Post by M.o.g.u.e.r.a14 »

Yeah. We got a kickass theme for Godzilla
Why not Rodan, and Ghidorah?

And for Mothra's; something majestic.

Mechagodzilla's: Heroric.
Or if he's a villain;
something villainous.
Fan of Godzilla, Pacific Rim, Sailor Moon, and Transformers.
Dezerb wrote: buenos ding dong didily dias senor.
http://i.imgur.com/PpE0DEQ.gif

Moguera14 X Sailor Moon

Godzilla Lover101
Gotengo Officer

Post by Godzilla Lover101 »

The classic Godzilla and Ghidorah themes do need to be incorporated in 2018. That's the one thing I feel was lacking in Godzilla 2014. As much as I love the original soundtrack, you really need to listen hard to even get a whiff of Akira's style. Even a light remix of the classic Godzilla and Ghidorah theme's are something I deeply wish for.
America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Janjira-York
G-Force Personnel

Post by Janjira-York »

make rodan sound wild and free, like his original theme, but be original and not just re-orchestret a old theme