Godzilla King of the Monsters Speculation Thread [NO SPOILERS]

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=26327&p=1472505
Ben Shapiro
Interpol Agent

Re: The Godzilla 2 Speculation Thread [NO SPOILERS]

Postby Ben Shapiro » Fri May 31, 2019 3:38 pm

Tru Fans should have already seen this movie :P
Facts don't care about your feelings

MothraRocks
EDF Soldier

Postby MothraRocks » Fri May 31, 2019 3:48 pm

At the theatre now with brother and friends! Super excited, just getting some food and drink and then headed in! Guys I’m so skreeonking pumped right now, I’ll leave a review when I get out! :mrgreen:
"And if something good can come from bad, the past can Rest In Peace."

goji89
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby goji89 » Fri May 31, 2019 4:38 pm

Smuggers wrote:
goji89 wrote:Get a job Smuggers.

If it makes you feel any better, I didn't actually work out those percentages myself. ;)

Added in 3 minutes 18 seconds:
Ben Shapiro wrote:Tru Fans should have already seen this movie :P

Especially the Debbie downers criticizing the movie and saying how it sucks without having seen it.
https://kaijugalaxy.jcink.net/index.php?act=idx

Mr_Goji_and_Watch wrote: Tsuburaya's sloppy puppets and bad Kong suits.

LSD Jellyfish
Kwaidan

Postby LSD Jellyfish » Fri May 31, 2019 5:05 pm

Living Corpse wrote:
GodzillavsZilla wrote:Hey all, I know the movie's out now but please put spoilers in the tags or just discuss the movie in the spoiler thread so people who haven't seen it yet don't get spoiled.

I know I said this to another mod, but you guys should give warnings for that instead of a slap on the wrist.

Eh, if this happened a few days ago I’d be inclined to agree. Anyone who actively goes to a thread at this point runs the risk of being spoiled now anyways, and knows what they’re getting into.
_JNavs_ wrote:The MV is like cheap imitation crabmeat, it tastes good, but it isn't real, while Shin is kino peak Japanese performance.

Rodan95 wrote:The Shobijin are sat on by a fatass explorer and killed. Mothra is pissed and destroys Japan.

BARAGONBREH
G-Grasper

Postby BARAGONBREH » Fri May 31, 2019 5:24 pm

My review is up, for those interested: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=28633&p=1657122#p1657122

TL;DR: Nope, not a good movie, even though it had every chance to be. I'm very saddened and disappointed by what I saw today.
Last edited by BARAGONBREH on Fri May 31, 2019 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shadowfyre wrote:Everything you say sucks all the time.

gottatalktothefake wrote:I’m kinda disappointed, I just expected to LOVE it. I just thought it was an alright 6/10.

_JNavs_
Kwaidan

Postby _JNavs_ » Fri May 31, 2019 5:27 pm

Deja vu
Sith Apprentice.

Smuggers
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby Smuggers » Fri May 31, 2019 5:28 pm

BARAGONBREH wrote:My review is up, for those interested: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=28633&p=1657122#p1657122

TL;DR: Nope, not a good movie, even though it had every chance to be. I'm very saddened and disappointed by what I saw today.

I'm surprised you managed to not mention the fight between Godzilla and Ghidorah in the ocean with all that talk about camerawork. It was nigh-incomprehensible and stood out to me as the worst-shot scene in the film.

How did you feel about the use of Mothra and Rodan?
BARAGONBREH wrote:This website is a disturbing commentary on the state of reading comprehension today.

goji89 wrote:Its common courtesy to ask people if they can be quoted.

BARAGONBREH
G-Grasper

Postby BARAGONBREH » Fri May 31, 2019 5:29 pm

Smuggers wrote:
BARAGONBREH wrote:My review is up, for those interested: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=28633&p=1657122#p1657122

I'm surprised you managed to not mention the fight between Godzilla and Ghidorah in the ocean with all that talk about camerawork. It was nigh-incomprehensible and stood out to me as the worst-shot scene in the film.

I could only bear to say so much, and I also didn't want to give away too many details of things; I even used spoiler tags where it probably wasn't necessary, just because I'm such a nice guy.

Rodan was quite cool. Again, he was unfortunately outdone by ridiculous camerawork.

Mothra was amazing, my favorite monster to see. Too bad we barely got to see any of her. It felt like a complete waste to only allow her real action time to consist of a brief supporting role in the final battle. It almost felt more like a cameo.
Last edited by BARAGONBREH on Fri May 31, 2019 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shadowfyre wrote:Everything you say sucks all the time.

gottatalktothefake wrote:I’m kinda disappointed, I just expected to LOVE it. I just thought it was an alright 6/10.

goji89
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby goji89 » Fri May 31, 2019 5:29 pm

SG-17
Interpol Agent

Postby SG-17 » Fri May 31, 2019 6:35 pm

Wow, I'm utterly shocked./s
Last edited by SG-17 on Fri May 31, 2019 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LSD Jellyfish
Kwaidan

Postby LSD Jellyfish » Fri May 31, 2019 6:47 pm

BARAGONBREH wrote:
Smuggers wrote:

I could only bear to say so much, and I also didn't want to give away too many details of things; I even used spoiler tags where it probably wasn't necessary, just because I'm such a nice guy.

Rodan was quite cool. Again, he was unfortunately outdone by ridiculous camerawork.

Mothra was amazing, my favorite monster to see. Too bad we barely got to see any of her. It felt like a complete waste to only allow her real action time to consist of a brief supporting role in the final battle. It almost felt more like a cameo.

Agreed about the Ghidorah vs Godzilla undersea thing.

Rodan was cool, same for Mothra. I think it’s fine having Mothra only having the time she did; it’s not like this is like Hedorah reappearing and then being only there for a short time. We will get more Mothra action in the future.

I think an important thing to do, is think of this film like Godzilla vs MG. Godzilla and ghidorah are the focus, with Rodan and Mothra being there like Angurius and Ceaser. They’re definitely a part of the movie, and like Ceaser Mothra definitely gets a lot of development and time but yeah. I’m actually really happy with how much of the larva we get to see; I was worried it would be far less and an afterthought
_JNavs_ wrote:The MV is like cheap imitation crabmeat, it tastes good, but it isn't real, while Shin is kino peak Japanese performance.

Rodan95 wrote:The Shobijin are sat on by a fatass explorer and killed. Mothra is pissed and destroys Japan.

XxComablack1937xX
EDF Soldier

Postby XxComablack1937xX » Fri May 31, 2019 6:54 pm

MothraRocks wrote:At the theatre now with brother and friends! Super excited, just getting some food and drink and then headed in! Guys I’m so skreeonking pumped right now, I’ll leave a review when I get out! :mrgreen:

Have a great time, I saw it yesterday... I will be seeing it again Saturday and Maybe Sunday.. I loved it! Hope you and your fiends do too!

gottatalktothefake
G-Grasper

Postby gottatalktothefake » Fri May 31, 2019 7:05 pm

honestly despite my disappointment it makes me happy that you guys like it
Oh god oh skreeonk

goji89
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby goji89 » Fri May 31, 2019 7:16 pm

Cinemassacre has the KOTM review up if anyone is interested.

scmtkings4
Yojimbo

Postby scmtkings4 » Fri May 31, 2019 7:30 pm

Guys guys...spoilers man wth lol

LegendZilla
Kwaidan

Postby LegendZilla » Fri May 31, 2019 7:43 pm

This thread is on its last legs.
Formerly Kaijucole in 2006.

Godzilla2020
Ronin

Postby Godzilla2020 » Fri May 31, 2019 8:04 pm

Gonna see it on any time from Thursday to Sunday!!! I'm so hyped!!!!
Last edited by Godzilla2020 on Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Resized Image

godzilla98rules
Futurian

Postby godzilla98rules » Fri May 31, 2019 9:03 pm

Just got back from seeing it. Absolutely no where as bad as the critics are making it out to be! I had an absolute blast the whole time it was playing. The only minor gripes I have are a few of the characters being weak as well as the story, but in the spirit of a Showa Godzilla film, there's no problem with this......

4/5
godzilla98rules's Digital Paintings & More: http://godzilla98artworks.weebly.com/index.html
GeekyAustin: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQloD4HAZwFtUEJpzdZq3ag

Resized Image Resized Image

R.I.P. George Root III

scmtkings4
Yojimbo

Postby scmtkings4 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:08 am

Just watched this myself

I'd probably give it a 7.5-8/10. Solid but I didn't have as much fun as I thought I would.

Moogabunga
Futurian

Postby Moogabunga » Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:11 am

goji89 wrote:Cinemassacre has the KOTM review up if anyone is interested.

[admin: edited for content]

Arbok: No need to insult people.
Last edited by Arbok on Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:25 am, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “MonsterVerse (2014-Present)”